We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Vaponic - Inexpensive GVG Alternative Options

UgraKarma
#1 Posted : 5/25/2016 9:13:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was browsing vaporizers online this afternoon, and stumbled across The Vaponic, which struck me as a piece of hardware that might benefit some members of the community.[url=http://www.vaponic.com/.[/url]

It seems to operate on the principle of conductive vaporization, and compared to a GVG the price point doesn't seem so bad.

Mind you, I've yet to try one of these out with the Light, (have a GVG, so don't think I'll be buying soon,) but thought posting this might save someone money on a pipe that is more elaborate than their purposes necessitate.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 5/26/2016 7:53:15 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

The benefit of the gvg is that it uses convection rather than conduction. This means the material is vaporized using heated air and the heat source never comes into direct contact with the material giving a very pure vapor. Conduction heating will generally pyrolize the material making it less desirable than convection.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

UgraKarma
#3 Posted : 5/28/2016 1:15:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
The benefit of the gvg is that it uses convection rather than conduction. This means the material is vaporized using heated air and the heat source never comes into direct contact with the material giving a very pure vapor. Conduction heating will generally pyrolize the material making it less desirable than convection.

Yep! Same mechanism of action here.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

Pile of cats
#4 Posted : 5/28/2016 10:00:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks interesting, I've been putting off extracting spice for a while now due to not having the money to buy a device to vape it with.

You wrote in your original post that it uses conductive vaporisation which is a source of some confusion but from what I understand it uses convection like the GVG?

Definitely going to look into this more, Thanks for posting! Thumbs up

Chan
#5 Posted : 5/28/2016 10:14:32 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

I looked into this a while back...IIRC, quite a few reviews mentioned how fragile they were, and how easily broken. So the price seemed a bit steep for such a flimsy gamble. Pretty stealthy tho, if that's important...
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

UgraKarma
#6 Posted : 5/29/2016 9:42:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chan - super valuable feedback. Thanks!

Again, with a GVG I don't have an immediate use for one, but I figured an inexpensive convection vaporizer that's (1) made from glass and (2) under $50, would be of interest to someone here.

monomind
#7 Posted : 5/30/2016 11:57:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Had one of these for years but never thought of using it for spice. The reason being that you suppose to heat it and only then inhale. You cannot do both at the same time. i believe that very easily the dmt will just melt and drip... before you take your first hit, but hey, if someone tries it successfully pls update.

UgraKarma
#8 Posted : 6/2/2016 1:04:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm confused, what's to prevent you from continuing to inhale and heat at the same time?

monomind
#9 Posted : 6/2/2016 5:16:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

UgraKarma wrote:
I'm confused, what's to prevent you from continuing to inhale and heat at the same time?

Look for vaponic usage video on youtube and you will see what i mean. this device needs to be rotated while heating, so it will heat evenly. i guess it is not impossible but far from trivial imo. Also this thing is short, so probability of burning your face is quite high ( especially when you start to lose contact with physical reality ).
Thats my take on the issue anyways...

steppa
#10 Posted : 6/16/2016 1:31:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Been there, done that. It's a bit like monomind says.

monomind wrote:
i believe that very easily the dmt will just melt and drip... before you take your first hit, but hey, if someone tries it successfully pls update.

I used to suff a piece of choreboy into it to prevent the liquid spice running away. It works a bit. But it's far from beeing satisfying.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

UgraKarma
#11 Posted : 6/17/2016 7:28:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MORAL OF THREAD: This device is not ideal by any means.