We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Interesting dog behaviour during shroom trip Options

brilliantlydim
#1 Posted : 5/18/2016 10:43:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The other night my GF and I took a decent dose of shrooms for our second time tipping together. It was a pretty powerful trip for both of us and it seems to me that when we are tripping together it hits us harder than usual.

Anyway there was one particular item during the trip that I remember and thought was very interesting. We have a dog that is very close to both of us and I have noticed him reacting in sync with levels of my trips in the past.

This last time my GF and I were smack in the middle of our trip and we were talking about the crazy things we were seeing and thinking about, generally in a good mood and enjoying the time. Our dog was sitting next to us on the couch just relaxed.

In an instant the air changed, there is no other way to explain it, and a kind of dark bad feeling felt like it was coming over the room.

It was really quite odd, as we were both in the middle of having a very enjoyable conversation when we both felt it and looked at each other asking if the other one felt that. At the same moment, our dog jumped up from laying down next to my GF completely relaxed and ran to one side of the room and started barking up in the air at the corner, where nothing is or was. He stood his ground and barked and growled a bit until we both felt the mood in the room change back to what it was before, then he came back and sat back down relaxed where he was before.

After that my GF and I talked about it for a bit and I joked that there was maybe some kind evil presence or something that was trying to come into our moment and our "guard" dog (he is a smaller guy haha) scared it away.

He isn't a very barky dog, he is actually really well mannered and usually only barks when there is real reason too. He does how ever rarely get up and bark at seemingly nothing like he did that night. It always kind of seemed eerie to me and my GF because we both know him to be pretty smart and only bark when there is someone strange coming into our yard, or something unusual happening in our area. I always assumed he was just smelling or hearing something that we couldn't. After the night of our trip, I am wondering if at that time we were able to sense the same thing that he is always barking at and keeping away, that normally we are unable to perceive.

Anyone have experiences or thoughts on that?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DmnStr8
#2 Posted : 5/18/2016 11:36:38 PM

Come what may

Dogs are very good at reading body language of other animals, including us. They are so good at it that what may seem like the dog queuing in a negative entity in the room could just be that he is picking up on the two humans tripping. Perhaps the dog thought something was wrong or off about your behavior when tripping. Eye dilation, the way you move and handle yourself sober is different from when you are tripping. Dogs key in on very subtle behaviors. They are also creatures of habit. They see the same thing day in and day out. Anything outside of the normal behaviors they are used to could promote odd behavior in the dog.

Other option would be that you were tripping and your perceptions are off a bit. Perhaps there was something you did not notice at the time that you may very well have sober. Some sound in the neighborhood, etc.... My dog will bark at a squirrel farting three blocks away. Who the hell knows what she is barking at? Dogs are pretty smart but they are pretty dumb too.

I think that it is a combination of the prior and latter. I wouldn't think about it too much. Superstitious thinking can get you into trouble quick. Maybe your dog is a witch??!! Razz

"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

hixidom
#3 Posted : 5/20/2016 12:01:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

To add to what DmnStr8 said, if your dog tensed up before running across the room, then it's possible that you and your GF picked up on that subconsciously. That could explain the change in mood(?)
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

brilliantlydim
#4 Posted : 5/20/2016 3:17:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oh you two are no fun at all Razz

smoothmonkey
#5 Posted : 5/20/2016 10:43:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^Big grin Big grin

Or maybe it was a spirit that your dog picked up on and you were in the right head space to feel it moreso than usual. Psychs lift the veil or peel back the layers, allowing you to see/hear/feel/experience something outside the physical layer.

I feel like animals can sense things that are occupying space in a different layer of existence. My snake will often freeze in a strange position as if fixed looking at something and its always the same place in my room that it looks, though snakes are a bit different than dogs... and I won't even get started with cats who are already inter-dimensional beings...

It comes down to your beliefs. You can choose to believe it was your dog picking up on your altered state or you can believe a spirit came into your space. Although DmnStr8 sure makes a pretty good argument Very happy

Peace!
-SM
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

Intezam
#6 Posted : 5/21/2016 8:46:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

if you like to believe that dark spirits have gained access to your (sh)room, we don't recommend it. Anyway, we will try to create a rational explanation (....not so rational). Anyways, we all know about widesprread børg and firangi problem and their mobile antennae with those dark magick waves. Why 'dark magick'? It is dark magick because exposure to it is not voluntary.

Prior to a seizure one experiences electro-magnetic and chemical changes in the brain. Dogggs can detect the otherness from ones' boday scent (?) and will react to it. These changes are known as 'aura'. An aura can be triggered by intense emotions, smells, colours, lights or the remembrance of a trauma-bird. They are not always followed by a seizure or silent migrane, but it's better to sit/recline in a safe/soft location when one experiences it. There are trained dogggs available for this problem.

To remove excess rationality, in ixlam there is a superstition that seizures are caused by being beaten by devils -- which be good, because that means that one has the gift of making devils angry, or, one was once one (oneself: a devil) and one deserted them since, or denied access....Laughing

At the moment we're choosen to believe that devils = unwanted/undesireable changes (in consciousness) and angels = wanted/desireable changes (in awareness) a.k.a 'states of mind!....etc

Whatever we believe, that electro-magnetic and light pollution lowers the seizure threshold in human, bird and animal.... Perhaps (sh)rooms heighten the perception too?? We don't know for sure.....

livinglife
#7 Posted : 5/21/2016 6:23:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Your story made me remember this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjGDBa2dKYo

The dog reacts to the owners ego loss, coincident? Well, the dog clearly feel something!

spacexplorer
#8 Posted : 5/22/2016 4:44:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Probably just scaring away some bad spirits

Also my phone crashed when I tried to post this, probably a bad spirit trying to slow me down.

Praise the dog protector Smile

woogyboogy
#9 Posted : 5/23/2016 9:37:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Be it this or that way... Pets are true game changers when venturing down the rabbit hole. Love

null24
#10 Posted : 5/24/2016 4:37:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Yall made a great point, intezam. My best friend has a"seizure warming dog "that can alert him to an oncoming seizure. He says it picks up on a scent.

Who knows how a dog perceives things. Perhaps they see what we cannot.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Valmar
#11 Posted : 5/24/2016 5:49:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some say dogs pick up on body language, some say it's their excellent sense of smell...

Maybe it's this... but maybe there is more, more than we can detect with our human senses. However, a dog cannot tell us how it senses the world. And we can only learn so much through observation and testing, before we can learn no more without raw direct experience of what it's like to be a canine.

I wouldn't be surprised if your dog picked up on something... maybe its senses were heightened because yours were...? I seriously doubt body language alone could have been enough to make your dog go and warn off whatever was in the corner. Because, what could there have been in your body language to alert your dog to the nasty prescence you both felt, and make him want to pick that particular corner?

And the energy vanished after he growled at it for a bit.

Yeah, that suggests there is more going on than mere body language or smell, or whatever materialist explanation one can cook up.

Perhaps he read your minds?

Speculation is fun. Smile
“The dao that can be expressed is not the eternal Dao.”
~ Lǎozǐ

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”
~ Carl Jung

brilliantlydim
#12 Posted : 5/27/2016 11:27:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe there is more going on then I can normally detect with my senses. Actually I know there is because I'm pretty sure there is WiFi and cellular waves in my house.

I imagine there is probably things on all kinds of levels happening around me. I imagine some of them could have an effect on the surroundings I can perceive, and also the things I can perceive may have an effect on some of them.

Maybe on some level my mood can be effected by something "in the air", like the saying "the mood in the air has changed". On the occasion I was talking about, that's exactly how it felt. We were both feeling very good and happy, then the air and mood was about to change. But instead, the dog jumped up and kept the space clear. Then we went back to feeling good and everything was back to normal.

I guess I may be assuming everyone has a similar experience as me on shrooms so let me explain a little. Usually when I have taken shrooms on a decent enough dose, I seem to go through fluctuating feelings or moods during the trip. Like waves I often go through happy, exciting and amazement filled moments, and also scary, anxiety filled and even very sad moments. The time I am speaking about in the OP is at a moment when it felt like we were about to transition from a happy, calm, peaceful moment into a kind of scary moment.

Maybe it was just the pure fact that my Dog brought the attention on him and what he was doing that saved the mood of the moment. Maybe him sensing our mood about to change and bringing attention on himself to stop it, is no different then him barking and scaring the bad mood away?