We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hand carved pipe, made of hemp wood, stained with acacia and caapi. Options

furhenden
#1 Posted : 5/23/2016 8:31:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello there fellow explorers!

I have been working on this piece for a while now, a changa dedicated piece, and I am happy to call it complete at this point and would like to share it.

It is for all practical purposes, my first real carving/whittling project I have completed, so it is a little rough, but that gives it character right? Smile

It was hand carved from a large cannabis plant's woody main stock.

The darker red/burgundy color stain on it is derived from the acacia confusa root bark "waste product" we are all familiar with.

The green stain is derived from caapi leaf soaked in ethanol.

I also embedded a very clear piece of selenite / gypsum crystal that I collected from my local area.

Finished with walnut oil.
http://imgur.com/a/rUEaz

It will be interesting to see how the hemp wood holds up to the heat in the bowl, but so far it seems to be able to handle a few hits of changa at a time just fine.

It's a pretty special piece to me, considering I grew the wood myself, carved it myself, created the stains from the very same sacred material that will be consumed through it, and imbued it with a selenite crystal from my own area.

I can't wait to make another one!
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."
Carl Sagan

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ducdevil
#2 Posted : 5/23/2016 9:25:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey, it's really lovely. nice work!

there is, as we know, a very special effect from having a personal connection to an object we create, or medicine we produce ourselves. i can only imagine how powerful the experience might be enjoying some Changa of your own from a piece you divined yourself.

bravo. safe travels.

namaste

Cognitive Heart
#3 Posted : 5/24/2016 1:17:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is quite something. Such creativity, appreciation and connection can come from your own mind's design. Great work, thanks for sharing. Thumbs up I wish you well on your forthcoming explorations and experiences.

Stay safe.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

d*l*b
#4 Posted : 5/24/2016 6:49:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That is beautiful, clever use of materials. Thank you for sharing!

Happy travels!
D × V × F > R

Lizz
#5 Posted : 5/24/2016 10:36:48 PM

Reptilian humanoid

Wow thats a very neat piece! Props of creating it out of stuff you grew yourself too! I hope to see more wood carvings from you in the future Wink
And I'm lonesome when you're around
I'm never lonesome when I'm by myself.
And I miss you when you're around...

DmnStr8
#6 Posted : 5/24/2016 11:43:58 PM

Come what may

Far out! Way cool piece! Thumbs up
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda