We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is this extract pure? Options

Spirit_Seeker
#1 Posted : 3/15/2016 3:42:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MOD EDIT: YOU GOT A WARNING FOR TALKING ABOUT BUYING/SELLING!

I have a substance, a friend reported that it contained extacy, but could not provide evidence beyond feeling ecstatic. How can I test this liquid to be sure what it is, free of any other drugs?
Thanks!

I am no one in particular

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

anne halonium
#2 Posted : 3/15/2016 5:47:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

a FOAF told me its likely an RC...............
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

Psybin
#3 Posted : 3/15/2016 6:15:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anne halonium wrote:
a FOAF told me its likely an RC...............

Oh, baseless speculation! What fun!

Get a test kit from Bunk Police and test the liquid, OP. Liquid psilocybin might not be very common to come across, but there's no way to know what the substance actually is without testing it.

http://bunkpolice.com/ehrlichs-reagent-kit/

steppa
#4 Posted : 3/15/2016 8:39:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

And even with the kit you can't be 100% sure.

Can the testkit distinguish between psilocybin and certain RC tryptamines? If it can't don't throw your money out for it. It won't be of any help then.

"A SAMPLE THAT HAS BEEN TESTED SHOULD NOT NECESSARILY BE CONSIDERED SAFE. MANY FACTORS COME INTO PLAY WHEN EXAMINING REACTIONS – INCLUDING MIXTURES OF MULTIPLE SUBSTANCES AND LIGHTING. BUNK POLICE KITS ARE INTENDED FOR USE IN IDENTIFYING UNKNOWN SUBSTANCES FOR HARM REDUCTION PURPOSES ONLY."
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

concombres
#5 Posted : 3/15/2016 9:25:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

steppa wrote:

Can the testkit distinguish between psilocybin and certain RC tryptamines? If it can't don't throw your money out for it. It won't be of any help then.

"A SAMPLE THAT HAS BEEN TESTED SHOULD NOT NECESSARILY BE CONSIDERED SAFE. MANY FACTORS COME INTO PLAY WHEN EXAMINING REACTIONS – INCLUDING MIXTURES OF MULTIPLE SUBSTANCES AND LIGHTING. BUNK POLICE KITS ARE INTENDED FOR USE IN IDENTIFYING UNKNOWN SUBSTANCES FOR HARM REDUCTION PURPOSES ONLY."

Reagent kits cannot sure, but a TLC kit can.
There is more than likely a video showing spot height for psilocybin and/or psilocin, mdma, most RC tryptamines, NBOMe`s, LSD, etc.

OP:
If the sample is impure & seems to match another drug, either decide whether it is safe to take the combination, whether an unknown dosage like this is safe, & whether you are comfortable ingesting whatever it may be in the substance. If not, see what information you can get about what it really is & whether or not you can trust your friends people to be open & honest about the whole situation.

Psybin
#6 Posted : 3/15/2016 9:53:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

steppa wrote:

I realize this, but OP was concerned about it being ecstasy, which would (along with any other MDxx derivatives) show up negative on the test kit. You're right though, it still doesn't tell you what substance it is with 100% certainty. Perhaps I should have worded that more clearly.

EDIT: concombres, that is an excellent point. Thankfully, TLC kits are available here for the OP.

Spirit_Seeker
#7 Posted : 3/20/2016 12:56:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim took a sufficient dose of this liquid. A moment of silence please…
Swim has only broken through a couple times with DMT, and as you all know, it's eternities are mere moments. This was 4 hours of breakthrough, GONE from reality. Had Swim experienced that years ago, before DMT encounters, Swim would have lost his damn mind. Actually Swim did, but this liquid worked very quickly to dissolve Swim's ego, and so the losing of the mind was not so alarming. I will post a thorough trip report in the appropriate thread.
There were a few moments here and there, Swim did feel like there was another substance present, certainly unfamiliar. But then Swim has never done liquid shrooms before, and Swim also considered that feeling may have come from the seed planted in Swims mind that there could be another substance present.
Thanks for the information and links. This is exactly what I need.

DansMaTete
#8 Posted : 3/20/2016 2:03:11 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Sorry to be out of topic, but you should know swimming is not welcome at the nexus. It makes the reading unconfortable and doesn't protect you from the law.

Have a good day
« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

Spirit_Seeker
#9 Posted : 5/23/2016 3:31:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DansMaTete wrote:
Sorry to be out of topic, but you should know swimming is not welcome at the nexus. It makes the reading unconfortable and doesn't protect you from the law.

Have a good day

If that's true, what a relief!
I really hate using swim but I thought it was regulatory.

entheogenic-gnosis
#10 Posted : 5/23/2016 2:49:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Spirit_Seeker wrote:
Swim received some liquid psilocybin. A friend reported that it contained extacy, but could not provide evidence beyond feeling ecstatic. How can I test this liquid to be sure it is what it claims to be, free of any other drugs?
Thanks!

https://www.ecstasydata.org/

Mail a sample (as well as money for fees) to this site, they will GC/MS your suspect compound and send you the results.

Though This is time consuming and costs money...

You could mix up some color change test reagents and test it yourself...

Marquis Reagant will turn dark purple for MDMA...

Ehrlich's reagent (also known as the DMAB test) should be able to detect indoles (psilocybin)

Though the best way to go is still GC/MS

-eg