We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A matter of Focus? Options

tseuq
#1 Posted : 5/19/2016 8:04:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Namaste nexians,

in this thread I want to discuss the matter of focus. Not only during the dmt experience, moreover in our daily lives. I see many people paying attention to things they don't want and spending a lot of energy trying to avoid these things, instead of accepting what they experience in the now, to loose the grip of personal importance and attachment, and directing their focus on the things/changes they want to experience in their lifes.

In the now there is only space for one, thus we can either fight against our enemies (whatever our enemies maybe, f.e. emotions, thoughts, mental constructs, ...) or be in peace in the now and enhace the things we appreciate and want to experience in life.
Everything matters (and nothing) and even the smallest step is a step, there is no neglecting of what is happening in and aournd ourselves, everything is connected and is influencing everything else in this world.

The power of ourself roots in our focus of attention, this is where our "energy" flows. In my opinion we can stop fighting against windmills and turn ourselves to the changes we want to be/see.

A necessary condition seems to keep the focus of attention awake in the now, don't fall back to sleep and surrender in faked unawareness.

I mean, "in the end", this all may doesn't even matter, but hey... at least we had fun while playing.
What are your ideas/experiences on this topic?

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

brilliantlydim
#2 Posted : 5/19/2016 11:19:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe this is so important. It took a long time for me to start to get this.

I heard and read lots and lots about this idea of focus and how important it is in your life. We have all heard about the law of attraction and people talking about how you just need to think about what you want and it will come, and of course focusing on the negative brings the negative. Of course many of us quickly realize it doesn't work exactly like that, I've been waiting for my Lambo to appear on the street in front of my place for quite some time now.

The thing that I was always missing, and I think many do, is that change can only happen in the present. We can't effect the future, and focusing on it as hard as you want will never bring what you want to the present. Don't get me wrong, we need to see the direction we wish to head, but like you said, our focus on things needs to be in the present. This is where the work is done, where intention becomes reality.

I've come to the conclusion, so far, that the best way for me to achieve anything I wish, or progression in a direction I wish to, is to be focused on the decisions I need to make in the present. Each small little decision is like a step, one way or another, and the decision I choose is the direction I choose to step. The farther something I wish for is away from my present, the more steps in that direction I will need to take to get there. If I can stay focused on the little decisions I am currently faced with at any given moment in the present, and make my choice based on the direction I wish to proceed, eventually I will get where I wish to be.

This also means accepting the unwanted things that come along in our lives, and continuing to focus on the things that we can do to sculpt our lives in the way we want. As you stated, many people, (including myself, although I believe less now), end up focusing on the negative things instead of the steps they can take around them. I don't think focusing on what we wish not to be will create an environment where we make decisions based on what we wish to be, or at least not the best ones.

Another important thing to mention that I am guilty of doing, is worrying and focusing on things I have no control over. I probably couldn't waste more energy and intention then focusing on something that I have absolutely no control over.

It took me a while to see that intention is indeed as powerful as people claim, but it needs to be merged with action in order to have any effect. I believe if I make my decisions in the present, based on what I know, how I feel, and what I intend I will progress in exactly the direction in life that I wish to.

I can't say I'm progressing at light speed in the direction of life I wish to at the moment. But when I look back at the last few years of my life and compare the change that took place with the last few decades previous, its apparent that the more I am aware of my focus and its target the quicker things evolve for me in directions I am appreciative of.

So right now I can say I have personally experienced this.

tseuq
#3 Posted : 5/20/2016 1:02:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you ehud for the response.

I didn't clarify my words and this shows me how different my words can be understood, from a different mindset.

ehud wrote:
...is that change can only happen in the present. We can't effect the future, and focusing on it as hard as you want will never bring what you want to the present. Don't get me wrong, we need to see the direction we wish to head, but like you said, our focus on things needs to be in the present. This is where the work is done, where intention becomes reality.

Thank you for pointing this out, I totally agree with you and refer what I wrote in the original post only to the present.

It has nothing to do with wishes to the universe or anything like that. Also, I don't think of the fullfillment of personal desires, it is not about recieving something, it is about giving and creating. I mean, that all actions I do (in the now) have consequeces. How do I treat others? How do I treat myself? What and how do I consume?

How I live, how I consciously decide to live in every now, affects me and my/the world, always.

And when I give myself a second and think about all this, how do I feel?

In my opinion, in every moment, every picture I frame as experience has influence on our total experience.

It is only in the now, ever.

I mean f.e., instead of "trying to stop war" in and out of ourselves, we can simply be peace.

In my experience, it often seems that the simpler things are the more powerful and effective these tools can be.

The idea is about being the light on earth instead of looking for the light.

tseuq

brilliantlydim
#4 Posted : 5/20/2016 1:42:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry, I see I went away from what you were driving at, but yes I totally agree.

Of course its a lot easier to say than do, for me anyway. One might have to break lifelong habits once he has finally come to the realization that he does make a difference.

Also one might have to overcome the feeling that they are not "righteous" enough to be consider a source of light in the world.

tseuq
#5 Posted : 5/22/2016 1:00:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ehud wrote:
One might have to break lifelong habits once he has finally come to the realization that he does make a difference.

Also one might have to overcome the feeling that they are not "righteous" enough to be consider a source of light in the world.

I think it is a decision for each of us and like everything else, we create (our reality) by what we think and how we act in every moment new. So even our lifelong habit of feeling wrong is always a new decision in the now.

The concept about myself is a cage. In my opinion, to ONLY think and trying to define who we/I are/am limits us in our potential and diversity in the experience.

tseuq