We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
yellow oily substance out of the nafta Options

Dee Em Tea
#1 Posted : 12/19/2007 3:16:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok SWIM. has been lurking on nearly every single topic on the Nexus these last view weeks, and he tells me that he’s became a lot wiser, from all the great knowledge to be found on this forum. He asked me to thank everyone for all the insight. But after many ours of reading, he could not find an answer for the question he has.This morning, I got an e-mail from SWIM. saying the following: "After finishing 15 stb. extractions of 100 grams of MHRB. I was left with about 1.5 liter of solvent. Witch he partially evaporated to 0.5 liter. Than to see if there was any spice left in the solvent, I’ve put it in 4 separate containers to Freeze precipitate. From this 0.7 gram came out, however since my freezer isn’t extremely cold I suspected there was even more goodness in the Naphta, so I left the solvent to completely evaporate. After it evaporated, I was left with this yellow oily wax that I’ve put in hot heptane to see if there was any dmt. left in it, witch is not the case. It has been drying now for a couple of weeks, but it stay’s oily. I’ve read the topics, about many people pulling different things witch Toluene and Xylene, but nowhere have I read that people are left with this residue, after pulling with only Nafta .Also I’ve evaporated some Naphta again that I’ve been using, but that evaporates brilliantly, so for sure its clean. So does anyone have an idea, about what it is I’ve pulled?".

Uncover the truth,"It's really stranger then fiction".

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Big Inhale
#2 Posted : 12/19/2007 3:40:54 PM

The Enlightend One

sometimes after recrrystalizing there will be dmt crystals sitting on top or a yellow wax swim just smokes it together i think there is a post claiming it kokusigine or yuremamine but thats all purely speculation
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Dee Em Tea
#3 Posted : 12/19/2007 4:23:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I've read that post as well, but from what I can remember, this stuff is not soluble in Nafta, and this stuff is. Before the heptane wash, SWIM also tried to wash it with warm Nafta, and it completely dissolved in it. I guess we’ll have to try smoking it one day, to see if it has any potential.

DreaMTripper
#4 Posted : 12/19/2007 4:56:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I assume its just natural oils from the bark. Could be wrong its been known to happen.Often Smile

fourthripley
#5 Posted : 12/19/2007 8:53:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Best bet with that oily layer is to redisolve in a tiny ammount of hot naphtha- 10, 20 mls or so- and then put that in the freezer.If there's any there your solvent will go cloudy as it starts to return to room temperature.You should get yellow to orange oily granules, ready to clean up or whatever you want to do.You may find this recovers more than you might expect Smile
mistakes were made

ChemicalEudaemonia
#6 Posted : 12/20/2007 6:56:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

the oily type is the best.

Dee Em Tea
#7 Posted : 12/20/2007 9:26:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:5c1b610aac="fourthripley"]Best bet with that oily layer is to redisolve in a tiny ammount of hot naphtha- 10, 20 mls or so- and then put that in the freezer.If there's any there your solvent will go cloudy as it starts to return to room temperature.[/quote:5c1b610aac] Yeah this is exactly what I’ve done, but like I said there is no more spice left in this oil. My bet is like Dreamtripper say’s that it’s just the natural oils from the bark. But I’ll try smoking it sometime soon, and keep you guy’s informed. Thanks for stopping by. Very happy