We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ketamine, ugh Options

zknarc
#1 Posted : 5/14/2016 1:25:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Having read about a lot of positive info about ketamine and depression I decided to try it. Anyway, I cannot say it was very positive at all and I have no idea how on earth people enjoy (or even get addicted to) it. It felt like salvia’s older evil sister had taken me on a night out and got me blackout drunk in a dark seedy dirty nightclub and ditched me.

I insufflated only 60mg which I expected would be a mild experience but instead within about 10-15mins I was totally incapacitated with a body that felt like it was made of heavy lumps of rubber. I had very strong feeling of tumbling down and being thrown around with random flashes of things that for some reason I did not recognise. I had no idea where I was, who I was or that I had taken anything but there was no fear or anxiety with it. This lasted just over 1hr.

It took almost 5hrs to be able to feel physically to walk around without any wobbliness or numbness and I was left with a heavy, dirty filthy hangover feeling that lasted the rest of the day. Not to be repeated! I can see why the regretamine label comes from. How on earth this has a reputation as a party drug I have no idea.

I have to say though, my depression does sometimes feel a reasonable amount better.
“The future remains uncertain and so it should, for it is the canvas upon which we paint our desires. Thus always the human condition faces a beautifully empty canvas. We possess only this moment in which to dedicate ourselves continuously to the sacred presence which we share and create.”

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Chan
#2 Posted : 5/14/2016 2:36:33 PM

Another Leaf on the Vine

It's never been a party drug for me, and I've never understood people who describe it as such, but then, I've never been comfortable being physically incapacitated around other people...so your account doesn't tally with any of my experiences of either K or Salvia.

However, back in the day, it was an excellent post-party drug, following say, a stimulating night out with friends, laid down, and diving into a hole with some deep sounds was nirvana, or so it seemed at the time. Chuck in some 2C-B and, holy-moly...Rolling eyes

It's a dissociative, so one shouldn't be too surprised to find oneself...dissociated. 60mg insufflated (assuming reasonable purity) is probably insufficient for a K-hole for most people, so you may have ended up "trapped between floors". For AD use, tiny bumps of 10-20mg would probably have worked better, with minimal discomfort, and possibly even some mild euphoria. Plugging might also work better for your purposes, less weird, more comfortable, paradoxically...

Nasally, it benefits greatly from first being ground up to a fine dust, in a pestle and mortar, otherwise can often be like broken glass.

Did you see recent findings about the metabolite, norketamine, probably being the principal AD agent? Perhaps you can persuade a friend to take it and collect their excreted metabolites? Shocked

“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

zknarc
#3 Posted : 5/14/2016 3:38:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I honestly cannot imagine it being more intense. It was like hyperspacing on DMT at 5x the speed into an unfathomably deep dark place. I was totally obliterated.

Chan wrote:
Did you see recent findings about the metabolite, norketamine, probably being the principal AD agent? Perhaps you can persuade a friend to take it and collect their excreted metabolites? Shocked

Yes, that matches how I feel/felt. It took a little while afterwards for an anti-depressent feeling to come on.
“The future remains uncertain and so it should, for it is the canvas upon which we paint our desires. Thus always the human condition faces a beautifully empty canvas. We possess only this moment in which to dedicate ourselves continuously to the sacred presence which we share and create.”

Ufostrahlen
#4 Posted : 5/14/2016 3:47:24 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

It's 10mg of K, not 60mg. 1 beer vs. 6 beers. Or 100µg vs 600µg of LSD.

http://ijnp.oxfordjournals.org/content/16/9/2111

Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

zknarc
#5 Posted : 5/14/2016 3:56:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:

Interesting. Those are much lower doses than mentioned elsewhere, I scaled up the typical 0.5mg/kg IV dose to what I though was a very conservative dose for insufflated based on comparable dose info available. Maybe I got some S+?

Ufostrahlen
#6 Posted : 5/14/2016 3:59:26 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

zknarc wrote:
Ufostrahlen wrote:

Interesting. Those are much lower doses than mentioned elsewhere, I scaled up the typical 0.5mg/kg IV dose to what I though was a very conservative dose for insufflated based on comparable dose info available. Maybe I got some S+?

You took too much, man.

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Ketamine
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Chan
#7 Posted : 5/14/2016 4:02:41 PM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Stop

zknarc wrote:
I scaled up the typical 0.5mg/kg IV dose

WTF? Where did you get that info from? 0.5mg/kg IV is far beyond typical recreational dosage and well on the way towards full anaesthesia. And there is no easy way to convert IV dosage of X to insufflated dosage of X, that I am aware of.

The correct, basic info is NOT hard to find:

Ketamine Dosage
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

zknarc
#8 Posted : 5/14/2016 4:32:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chan wrote:
Stop

zknarc wrote:
I scaled up the typical 0.5mg/kg IV dose

WTF? Where did you get that info from? 0.5mg/kg IV is far beyond typical recreational dosage and well on the way towards full anaesthesia. And there is no easy way to convert IV dosage of X to insufflated dosage of X, that I am aware of.

The correct, basic info is NOT hard to find:

Ketamine Dosage

This dose is mentioned in just about all literature on this:
http://www.nhs.uk/news/2...epression-treatment.aspx
http://howtousepsychedelics.org/ketamine/
http://www.psychiatrist....015/v76n05/v76n0514.aspx

Based on your link, the dose I took should have been well inside "common" (2 steps off 'k-hole' ) I don't see the panic here.

Chan
#9 Posted : 5/14/2016 6:28:24 PM

Another Leaf on the Vine

zknarc wrote:
I don't see the panic here.

There's no panic, but we have an obligation to anybody who finds this thread in the future, in search of similar relief, to present "sensible" information.

Just as you shouldn't talk to Frank, so you shouldn't ask an NHS copywriter for guidance on "street drugs". I never IV'd, but those I know who did, and were somewhat "battle-scarred," even they would rarely go above 20-30mg IV. The second link has no IV dosage info, the third link seems dead, and you had a terrible experience, following their sketchy advice. So, a bit of clarification, from an ex-user, seems warranted.

Your dose was reasonable, for someone who knew where they were going, but you wanted to go someplace else, somewhere qualitatively different, somewhere not as deep, and you'd never taken it before...

Erowid might not always be perfect, or bang-up-to-date, but it's probably the best available resource for seekers.

― B.G. Bowers