We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
TOR hidden service (.onion) Options

CrowMan
#1 Posted : 5/12/2016 4:24:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TOR is useful for protecting nexus users identities. Unfortunately some exit nodes aren't reliable and connection interruptions are frequent. That's why I ask dmt-nexus to get it's own ending point inside the TOR network, an .onion address.

Setting a hidden service is easy: https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-hidden-service.html.en

More info about TOR

Also, imho, users should be educated/suggested to use the TOR browser. I wish we could freely speak about dmt and other drugs, but some legislations are punishing and easy measures to hide users identity should be encouraged.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

marz
#2 Posted : 5/12/2016 4:46:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This has been around since the 1990 altho the Naval Research released the code for free 2002- 2004 Pleased

Love Love
"PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS DON'T CHANGE YOU- THEY DON'T CHANGE YOUR CHARACTER-UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE CHANGED THEY ENABLE CHANGE THEY CAN'T IMPOSE IT...."
-ALEXANDER SHULGIN

It's time to move on to the next step in the psychedelic revolution

benzyme
#3 Posted : 5/12/2016 4:56:29 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

phrack mag has been around since '85.
whatchu know about hax?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

a1pha
#4 Posted : 5/12/2016 5:03:03 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Uhh, I said this years ago and it's even more relevant today: Use of Tor paints a big red target on your back (Tor traffic is very easy to recognize on the ISP or higher level) and the FBI/NSA actively maintains a list of people using Tor (and VPNs now).

In addition, if you use Tor you open yourself to hacking attempts by the FBI as well as having all of your traffic captured and stored for an indefinite amount of time. Sorry folks, the glory days of anon services are over.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

cyb
#5 Posted : 5/12/2016 5:35:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

a1pha wrote:
Uhh, I said this years ago and it's even more relevant today: Use of Tor paints a big red target on your back (Tor traffic is very easy to recognize on the ISP or higher level) and the FBI/NSA actively maintains a list of people using Tor (and VPNs now).

In addition, if you use Tor you open yourself to hacking attempts by the FBI as well as having all of your traffic captured and stored for an indefinite amount of time. Sorry folks, the glory days of anon services are over.

^^^ What he said x 10.

Learn stuff...Don't use TOR !
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

The Traveler
#6 Posted : 5/12/2016 6:18:32 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

The DMT-Nexus will not get an .onion endpoint. Way too much issues with that.

We are a lightnet (not darknet) site and we will stay that way.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

CrowMan
#7 Posted : 5/12/2016 6:25:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You seem pretty convinced of your opinions. I would like you to reconsider them based on hard data. Tor is used and recommended by security experts with big names.

I won't argue tor users are tagged. Do you preffer to be tagged in the "tor users" group, or in the "dmt extracter" group?.

Traffic capture is an issue no matter you use tor or not. Just, if you don't use tor it will be clearly tied to your name. Also, what worries about your tor traffic captured? What crypto flaws do you fear?

While tor is no panacea, and might not protect you against a full scale FBI/NSA operation, it's much better than nothing. And, no, it's not a "false sense" of security. It's real security in several diferent scenarios.

Quote:
Learn stuff...Don't use TOR !

I do security related jobs.

CrowMan
#8 Posted : 5/12/2016 6:26:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:
The DMT-Nexus will not get an .onion endpoint. Way too much issues with that.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Didn't see this before my last post.

Thanks for considering and responding.

Regards.

CrowMan
#9 Posted : 5/12/2016 7:05:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:

Wanted to clear I suggested an endpoint. Like facebook or duckduckgo have, not to remove the nexus from the clear web.