We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Dr. Strassmans dmt documentary Options

TheNtt
#41 Posted : 8/12/2009 7:50:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MagikVenom wrote:
...so..did strassman ever dose himself?..prob not or a better locale would be chosen..

DUDE! I already explained, HE HAD TO DO IT IN THAT LOCATION TO GET THE STUDY APPROVED.
He explains quite thoroughly in his book how important set and setting are- and how he would have much rather done it in a "trip friendly" environment, but couldn't get approval to do the study unless it was in a clinical setting.

fractal enchantment wrote:

Under those conditions listed above I would say that those experiments are worthless..

I can't believe my eyes! So you think the ONLY research done with DMT (and the only psychedelic research in over 20 years) is worthless because it wasn't in the greatest possible setting. Do you not realize how fantastic it is that it is even being researched at all? You're saying all those peoples experiences are worthless. That's messed up dude.

Do you really think that if it was you in the experiments, your experiences would be worthless?! You think on a high dose of IV DMT you're going to be worried about the room your in?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Seven
#42 Posted : 8/12/2009 7:53:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im almost positive Strassman has had experiences with DMT in some way or another. He's prob not smoking or IVing it, but im sure has had an aya session or 2. Of course he will never admit to this, maybe after he retires or something, but for him to get funding for these kinds of experiments he knows he needs to tread very lightly with the big GOV. You could read tons of books on dmt but in the end it all comes down to the actual experiencing of it, the experience can barely be put into words to begin with.
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

MagikVenom
#43 Posted : 8/13/2009 2:48:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I already said I would be in for this. As usually I play the devils advocate card! Yes I can understand why Strassman could not admit to using it. I was more or less trying to collaborate the statement made by a fellow poster.

Ok Im off to vote yes on the official pole now. I did not read donation details so could we sent a blank money order and say its "From your friends at the NEXUS how about tickets to the pre public premiere" ? We can tell him not to worry we provide our own spice...Laughing

PEACE
MV

BTY I am all for getting "involved with things" in general. So everyone please post anything significant and lets get this ball rolling!

The table of consideration awaits your thoughts to be placed upon it. (i stole that line from some one cant remember who....Laughing but I am sure it was a friend.)

Dwhitty76
#44 Posted : 8/13/2009 4:09:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MagikVenom wrote:

Ok Im off to vote yes on the official pole now. I did not read donation details so could we sent a blank money order and say its "From your friends at the NEXUS how about tickets to the pre public premiere" ? We can tell him not to worry we provide our own spice...Laughing
PEACE
MV

I'm working out the logistics right now..... on how to keep this as anonymous as possible (even though it's just a donation for a documentary). I will also try to implement a "checks and balance system"...where everyday or week, we can update the amount of $ raised,so everyone can see, and let the donation period run for a month or so, just to give people some time to make the donation.
Mabey when the final dollar amount is established, either myself or whomever wants to collect the funds will then send a check for that final amount to another trusted member in our community..... just to verify that the $ is being appropriated properly and not being spent for their own personal use, and then the donation will be made to cottonwood research foundation.
I haven't heard back from traveler, so i will pm him again and get his thoughts on the best way to go about this.
Thank you to everybody who has voted and for keeping an open mind and being supportive to this cause. Wink

" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

jamie
#45 Posted : 8/13/2009 6:44:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

TheNtt wrote:
MagikVenom wrote:
...so..did strassman ever dose himself?..prob not or a better locale would be chosen..

DUDE! I already explained, HE HAD TO DO IT IN THAT LOCATION TO GET THE STUDY APPROVED.
He explains quite thoroughly in his book how important set and setting are- and how he would have much rather done it in a "trip friendly" environment, but couldn't get approval to do the study unless it was in a clinical setting.

Under those conditions listed above I would say that those experiments are worthless..

I can't believe my eyes! So you think the ONLY research done with DMT (and the only psychedelic research in over 20 years) is worthless because it wasn't in the greatest possible setting. Do you not realize how fantastic it is that it is even being researched at all? You're saying all those peoples experiences are worthless. That's messed up dude.

Do you really think that if it was you in the experiments, your experiences would be worthless?! You think on a high dose of IV DMT you're going to be worried about the room your in?

No no, I never said that those peoples EXPERIENCES are worthless, but it's jsut another trip report in some weird distracting setting..I could see that on youtube if I wanted to..

Really, I think I just lost interest in reading the whole book(i only read parts) when I found out he had no interest in trying it..

Thats just me though, dont take offence..I am aware I can be quite the cynicVery happy
Long live the unwoke.

TheNtt
#46 Posted : 8/13/2009 7:28:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

TheNtt wrote:
MagikVenom wrote:

No no, I never said that those peoples EXPERIENCES are worthless, but it's jsut another trip report in some weird distracting setting..I could see that on youtube if I wanted to..

You said the whole experiment was worthless. To me that means the experiences within the experiment would thus be worthless too. Obviously the experiment wasn't done in the ideal location. He had to meet rigorous standards. I mean, you may not have meant it, but you literally said that the conditions of the experiment made the experiment worthless. Which I'm guessing means you don't have any interest in donating to the cause. I don't really understand the point of discrediting the best DMT research ever conducted in a thread that is attempting to organize funding to support that very research. It's pretty counter-productive.

MagikVenom
#47 Posted : 8/13/2009 11:52:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

TheNtt wrote:
[quote=MagikVenom]...so..did strassman ever dose himself?..prob not or a better locale would be chosen..

Just to clear things MagikVenom replied to

so..did strassman ever dose himself?..prob not or a better locale would be chosen..

HE NEVER WROTE

but its all good
and for a good cause

PEACE
MV

jamie
#48 Posted : 8/13/2009 4:45:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^^haha ya, that was me that actaully said that.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#49 Posted : 8/13/2009 4:57:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TheNtt wrote:
TheNtt wrote:
MagikVenom wrote:

You said the whole experiment was worthless. To me that means the experiences within the experiment would thus be worthless too. Obviously the experiment wasn't done in the ideal location. He had to meet rigorous standards. I mean, you may not have meant it, but you literally said that the conditions of the experiment made the experiment worthless. Which I'm guessing means you don't have any interest in donating to the cause. I don't really understand the point of discrediting the best DMT research ever conducted in a thread that is attempting to organize funding to support that very research. It's pretty counter-productive.

Okay, well I agree with what you are saying when I really think about it..it's not a pointless experiment..but I still think that's it's more for the masses who dont already know much about DMT or ayahuasca..I guess it's good in that reguard in that it will eduate some people..I'd like to give the guy the benifit of the doubt..hell, maybe I will donate when when I can..

I dunno though if this is the best DMT reseach ever done..other people have conducted research into the effects of ayahuasca in participatants in south american ceremonies, with promising results...I guess that's not really pure DMT though..I would like to see a study that uses DMT in the way they use psilocybin at John Hopkins for terminally ill patients etc..
Long live the unwoke.

wikiwahwah
#50 Posted : 8/13/2009 7:40:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Count me in. It all sounds like worthy cause to me.

W

PREV123