We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Let's Print the Nexus Options

RhythmSpring
#1 Posted : 5/7/2016 2:38:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay, this is going to sound ridiculous, but hear me out. A coronal mass ejection (CME) could wipe out the internet at any moment.

The information and knowledge and stories that we are accruing on this website are, in my opinion, EXTREMELY important for the development / evolution of mankind, especially for when the infrastructure collapses. Some really valuable stuff on the frontiers of consciousness and whatnot here. You know.

Now, it would take a lot of paper, I know. But when sh** goes down, I bet we would regret not doing this. We cannot rely on the internet indefinitely for global necessities.

No, I don't mean backing up the site on some hard drive. I mean the ultimate backup--physical paper.

-Your Resident Luddite
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 5/7/2016 3:02:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you had a computer with the Nexus copy inside a faraday cage, wouldn't that protect against a CME ?

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 5/7/2016 3:06:15 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Paper degrades pretty quickly, you may want to look at a slightly moar stable medium.

Seriously though, it might not be a bad idea to upload the nexus wiki to the outernet.

Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Praxis.
#4 Posted : 5/7/2016 5:08:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RhythmSpring wrote:
The information and knowledge and stories that we are accruing on this website are, in my opinion, EXTREMELY important for the development / evolution of mankind...

I'm sorry, but this made me giggle almost uncontrollably.

But yeah, it'd be a bummer if we lost the info here on the Nexus. I s'pose it wouldn't be a bad idea to back it up somehow.
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

DmnStr8
#5 Posted : 5/7/2016 5:56:16 AM

Come what may

If the CME's don't do it, then Snake Plissken will!!

Welcome to the human race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHUqNCDwQj4

Razz
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

The Traveler
#6 Posted : 5/7/2016 11:45:42 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

The data of the DMT-Nexus is stored on magnetic hard drive platters, those are in a cage of Faraday by the metal casing of the hard disk.

Besides, you need an extremely powerful and long CME to kill all electronics on Earth, I doubt that you have to worry about the DMT-Nexus data from that moment on.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

ganesh
#7 Posted : 5/7/2016 12:33:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sincerely,

I think the only way to safeguard the accrued knowledge is to engrave it onto some kind of stone heiroglyphs in some sort of hidden temple somewhere. Maybe in Peru or India. You know somewhere Spiritual.

Hmmm...Something tells me that may have already been done, many many years ago in Mexico?? Big grin

But wait...what about in the COSM of Alex Grey?? Cool
More imaginative mutterings of nonsense from the old elephant!

RhythmSpring
#8 Posted : 5/7/2016 12:47:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes! In CoSM!!!

The Trav, do we *know* that those magnetic hard drive platters are immune to CME's?

Thanks for indulging me, humans and entities.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Jees
#9 Posted : 5/7/2016 5:26:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some of the more advanced members could upload it in hyperspace?
Hmmm, that's like keeping the key within the safe Wut?

a1pha
#10 Posted : 5/7/2016 8:03:22 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

FWIW, I keep a live encrypted copy of the Nexus on two redundant servers. Those servers back up to both Amazon Glacier at three separate datacenters and MS Azure as well as three separate NAS drives at three separate independent locations under my control. In addition, this is burned to physical read-only DVDs at least twice a year which reside in a secure location (which is itself in a metal box inside a thick metal safe).

I'm fairly confident the Nexus will not be lost to CME or a man-made EMP blast. However, feel free to make your own backups for added redundancy in whichever form you see fit.

Smile
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

dreamer042
#11 Posted : 5/7/2016 9:15:04 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I have most of the wiki backed up and stored on an external hard drive along with the archived copies of erowid, lycaeum, rhodium, entheogen review, and the like, never hurts to a maintain a personal library of wut's important.

I've been thinking it over, and I sure do hope someone slipped the recipe for LSD onto one of those golden records.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

TGO
#12 Posted : 5/8/2016 12:49:37 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

I'm super old school so I hand write all the info I come across...printer? what is that?

Very happy

Not really of course, but if I did I'm sure it would look something like this:

Which is one of many volumes stored here:

Big grin
Love
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

inaniel
#13 Posted : 5/8/2016 1:46:13 AM

mas alla del mar

a1pha wrote:
FWIW, I keep a live encrypted copy of the Nexus on two redundant servers. Those servers back up to both Amazon Glacier at three separate datacenters and MS Azure as well as three separate NAS drives at three separate independent locations under my control. In addition, this is burned to physical read-only DVDs at least twice a year which reside in a secure location (which is itself in a metal box inside a thick metal safe).

I'm fairly confident the Nexus will not be lost to CME or a man-made EMP blast. However, feel free to make your own backups for added redundancy in whichever form you see fit.

Smile

I imagine the box is kept somewhere like this

f1
#14 Posted : 5/11/2016 11:01:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Central Light has it all backed up mang Big grin

Also stuff like this in news:

"Researchers at the University of Southampton have discovered a way to store data in five dimensions on nanostructure glass that can survive...."
In the dance of astral hyperspace, we learn, grow, and connect. Here's to our shared journey through the cosmic tapestry! ✨🌌

DmnStr8
#15 Posted : 5/12/2016 12:09:10 AM

Come what may

Don't worry bout a thing..... I have a pencil and paper. Starting now. Surprised
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda