We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
An active Mimosa native to Florida? Options

jaguar_flock
#21 Posted : 5/2/2016 2:55:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

All - I'm in florida and doing some planting of Caapi & Chacruna. Would love to find some mentorship around here (I'm on the central Gulf coast). I have plenty of land for growing, lake for water and going to hook up solar for power... please ping me if you know anyone that may be ready to help me learn in-person!!! That is the best way for me and very happy to share what we grow together!!!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#22 Posted : 5/2/2016 2:58:25 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Thanks for the update on this, but it's actually this snippet:
Quote:
Another thing of interest he mentioned over time was that raw mace(the spice) is really high in 5 meo DMT content and that it is not well known outside a few people. He went on to state that mace is usually cured by sun drying and the process eliminates its potency. It must be raw and uncured.

that I've been trying to locate for quite some time. Verification of this datum would be of considerable interest to me.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Continuum
#23 Posted : 5/6/2016 9:27:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MadPlanter wrote:
Hello folks! Sorry for the long term disappearance! Wanted to update this topic. I have located the plant again after four years! It is M. quadrivalvis. I have a buddy and member here who's soon gonna test this guy for us. In other good news though M. strigillosa from my yard tested positive recently. He wants to test it again though to be sure. Hopefully we'll know shortly!

Peace

Man, MadPlanter...this is legendary. I hear the crude testing looks promising, very promising.

Congratulations on your discovery! Huge stuff!!
Forge a Path with Heart <3

urtica
#24 Posted : 5/7/2016 1:07:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I hope to contribute some colorimetric & TLC test results from this specie soon!
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

MadPlanter
#25 Posted : 5/10/2016 8:09:10 PM

plant enthusiast

I have a second fellow forum friend that is gonna try and perform a TLC test today. So excited!!!

He may in fact be the last poster before this post...sorry bro if its you idk your name over here yet lol!

MadPlanter
#26 Posted : 5/10/2016 8:22:53 PM

plant enthusiast

Continuum wrote:
MadPlanter wrote:
Hello folks! Sorry for the long term disappearance! Wanted to update this topic. I have located the plant again after four years! It is M. quadrivalvis. I have a buddy and member here who's soon gonna test this guy for us. In other good news though M. strigillosa from my yard tested positive recently. He wants to test it again though to be sure. Hopefully we'll know shortly!

Peace

Man, MadPlanter...this is legendary. I hear the crude testing looks promising, very promising.

Congratulations on your discovery! Huge stuff!!

I cannot really take credit but the guy whom pointed me toward the plant isn't a forum guy and won't get on to take the credit. I won't post his name publicly and I don't know his last name anyway.

He mentioned also that monkey ear pod tree is of interest and also a small bush that produces pea like pods with bright orange flowers. Both are common in central FL. Not sure what the latter species is called.

Another notable mention is that Passiflora suberosa and lutea are of usable maoi content or so he says. Time of year dependent due to unwanted alks being high during certain times. Its worth a look.

Maybe an all American ayahuasca???...

pinkoyd
#27 Posted : 5/11/2016 10:42:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

Colorimetric test with Ehrlich's on Mimosa quadrivalvis showed a more strongly positve reaction than positively ID'd and tested Psychotria viridis. Same test for M. strigillosa turned greenish. Don't know how to interpret that. I took pics. WIll post when I find the cable to download to the computer...

I'm running a TLC on it at this very moment.

Will post results soon!
I already asked Alice.

urtica
#28 Posted : 5/12/2016 3:13:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I ran TLC and had only one nice spot, which tested positive for DMT via Ehrlich (purple). I need to run the test again & spot much heavier since my spots were barely visible, but so far it looks good.
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

MadPlanter
#29 Posted : 5/12/2016 12:08:34 PM

plant enthusiast

Right on! Although your spots were small or whatever can we say its for sure positive? I'd guess so but I'd like to see what you guys really think. Honored to bring this species to the light that's possibly held within!

pinkoyd
#30 Posted : 5/12/2016 9:44:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm getting conflicting results. I did a TLC plate with P. viridis as a reference and the Pv was of course positive, but neither M. quad or M. strig showed a spot in the corresponding position. There were some spots higher up than the PV DMT spot but none of those reacted either.

Need to find that darn cable...

Edit: As the plate sits longer there is a very weak reaction becoming visible on one of the upper spots on M. quad. It's weak but most definitely there. Does not correspond to the DMT band on the viridis reference though. Ehrlich's is not specific to DMT, but indoles in general. Just a speculation but perhaps this is NMT?

I plan on cheeking some this weekend. Will post results!
I already asked Alice.

urtica
#31 Posted : 5/14/2016 2:10:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I ran a plate with 2 lanes of the mystery Mimosa, quardivalis? The third lane was concentrated alkaloid from Mimosa tenuiflora as a reference.

I see 3 alkaloids, or 3 spots at least. There is a spot from the mystery Mimosa that corresponds with the DMT spot on the reference, but it is the weakest spot. The 2 stronger spots are above it on the plate so neither is NMT which is usually below.

I am having trouble getting strong Ehrlich reactions on the plates themselves although I swear I have seen some slight reactions. I added Ehrlich to the tincture of the plant and had a mild color reaction which would indicate indole alkaloids at least.

I'll try to attach pics later.

urtica
#32 Posted : 12/29/2016 7:07:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is a pic, I know it is shitty.

The Mimosa tenuiflora spot is on the far right, the big fat spot is DMT.

You can see that there is a light band in the corresponding position on the lanes where the M quadrivalis was run.
urtica attached the following image(s):
IMG_2145.JPG (2,540kb) downloaded 171 time(s).
IMG_2143.JPG (3,107kb) downloaded 171 time(s).

pinkoyd
#33 Posted : 12/29/2016 12:35:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for posting that urtica, that's about what my plates looked like. Not sure what we're getting there, but I'll be sending some extract to benzyne once he's set up to do plant samples.

Cheeking an inch long piece of root only gave a slight mental reaction that was probably placebo. Larger dose next time. However there was no obvious oral irritation or any signs of toxicity.
I already asked Alice.

urtica
#34 Posted : 12/30/2016 12:09:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea, they are vague results but if you squint just right at my shitty photo there is a thin band that seems to line up with the DMT spot on the hostilis lane.

That is cool that you put it in your body. I hope that mine survives the winter so I can keep working on it.

The thing you said earlier about the other bands being NMT does not make sense to me because when I run Acacia confusa extract on the plates there is a clear NMT band and it is lower on the plate than the DMT band.

I ran M hostilis and A confusa next to eachother and they both actually had visible NMT bands, which were below the stronger DMT band. They both reacted to Ehrlich.

So what are those bands up above? I honestly can't remember if I tried a colorimetric test on them...

pinkoyd
#35 Posted : 1/2/2017 6:15:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My comment about it possibly being NMT was just a guess. I'm still learning TLC and probably shouldn't have made that speculation.

Blame it on the new guy...
I already asked Alice.

Justintime
#36 Posted : 7/18/2018 4:04:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This has to be it.... It really draws me
Justintime attached the following image(s):
20170428_121659.jpg (1,713kb) downloaded 106 time(s).
.....Your....head...is..in.your(head0daeh)ruoy.ni..si...deah....ruoY.....

Roboto
#37 Posted : 9/24/2019 7:44:03 PM

UVpHLUFya2hmIHpyem9yZQ==

Justintime wrote:

have you done any further testing on this and confirmed anything?
QWJqIGd1cmVyJ2YgbiB5YmJ4IHZhIGxiaGUgcmxyZiwgeXZ4ciBveW5weCB1YnlyZiB2YSBndXIgZnhsLg==

Justintime
#38 Posted : 9/29/2019 2:21:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Roboto wrote:
Justintime wrote:

Just keep planting them lol. Been spending time with the mush
.....Your....head...is..in.your(head0daeh)ruoy.ni..si...deah....ruoY.....

Roboto
#39 Posted : 6/10/2021 6:16:59 PM

UVpHLUFya2hmIHpyem9yZQ==

Justintime wrote:
Roboto wrote:
Justintime wrote:

Just keep planting them lol. Been spending time with the mush

I've found several patches of this growing in my area. Trying to get some rooted in my own yard.
QWJqIGd1cmVyJ2YgbiB5YmJ4IHZhIGxiaGUgcmxyZiwgeXZ4ciBveW5weCB1YnlyZiB2YSBndXIgZnhsLg==

PREV12