We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
shredded vs powdered bark Options

crazy fox
#1 Posted : 5/4/2016 4:59:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone,
I had posed a question regarding the use of bark and what form is best. My question was buried inside of my last statement so I will repeat this question for all to see clearly.
root/stem bark has been stated to be shredded, as opposed to powdered as the best form to use. I put this question to any of those of you having the experience both ways, it was said by some that powdered bark acts like sludge and dificult to extract with the A/B technique. While others recommend the shredded form. I'm open to suggestions?
Thanks
crazy fox

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

cy6nu5
#2 Posted : 5/5/2016 5:16:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The only time I ever got a good extraction was with very little basic water and shredded bark. I botched it every other time.
With ACRB (if that's what you're using), you get kind of oily stuff on account of the NMT which is an oil.
Good to use freezing as well since a lot of that NMT oil floats in freezing naphtha, and you can skim it off and give to your newbie friends or whatever since it's mostly NMT but has enough DMT as well. The good stuff stays suspended or snows to the bottom.

I couldn't say for sure if shredded is better but it's what I got this time. Shredded has good, low surface area but won't gunk up in solution like powder. It comes down to personal preference, I think.

For me, I would go shredded then cut it up even finer with scissors or some kind of grinding device, then even go so far as to freeze cycle it to break down cell walls. Acacia makes sticky goo that likes to sludge up in STB (which I also prefer).

Hell, get both and see which one gets a better yield ^_^
I’m Nobody! Who are you?
Are you Nobody too?
Then there’s a pair of us!
Don’t tell! they’d advertise – you know!
I am the Walrus. Goo goo g'joob.

crazy fox
#3 Posted : 5/7/2016 5:59:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

LOL. Great thanks. I actually have both shredded as well as, powdered ACRB. It seems like a lot of work for the results. and I only extracting about .5 to 1 gram on the first pull, even after second and third pulls do not yield anything whether room evaporation or freeze precip is used. I bought an under the counter pharmafreezer which I can get to about -25 degrees F, but if I add blocks of dry ice I can get as low as -60to -70 degrees F until it melts. I am going to do it with powder and compare and report on my findings.
crazy fox

cy6nu5
#4 Posted : 5/8/2016 12:42:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

crazy fox wrote:
LOL. Great thanks. I actually have both shredded as well as, powdered ACRB. It seems like a lot of work for the results. and I only extracting about .5 to 1 gram on the first pull, even after second and third pulls do not yield anything whether room evaporation or freeze precip is used. I bought an under the counter pharmafreezer which I can get to about -25 degrees F, but if I add blocks of dry ice I can get as low as -60to -70 degrees F until it melts. I am going to do it with powder and compare and report on my findings.
crazy fox

Yes, please do!

Also do you use an STB or AB route? I find good things happen with STB but never had success with AB on ACRB.
I’m Nobody! Who are you?
Are you Nobody too?
Then there’s a pair of us!
Don’t tell! they’d advertise – you know!
I am the Walrus. Goo goo g'joob.