We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Breakthrough caused someone to go nuts - to the point of being dangerous Options

concombres
#21 Posted : 2/6/2016 12:32:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Redguard wrote:
anne halonium wrote:
BringsUsTogether wrote:

"Don't jump into it like a idiot thinking it's another "shroom" or "acid" trip.

^i dont know if id go that far with it......
i lived thru owsley blotter in the early 70's.

but ya , never trust a noob.
you really dont know what they are gonna do,
and even the ones that have tripped , think a +2 is a + 5000 from ego.

everyone knows a joker who ate a old DOX tab at a rave , and is now timothy leary..

fact is , even among pro trippers, maybe 10% can really handle a good wall peeler.
be cautious.

I've only been lucky to find good dose a few times in my life. It really makes me wonder what 95% of the shit that's being passed around now a days actually is. IMO shrooms and acid can easily be far more intense then dmt.

Good doses are not as rare as one might think.
A TLC kit from bunk police, a good eye for BS, & learning to read people while not being afraid to call out BS when you hear it may very well surprise you.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Redguard
#22 Posted : 2/6/2016 1:32:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

concombres wrote:
Redguard wrote:
anne halonium wrote:
BringsUsTogether wrote:

everyone knows a joker who ate a old DOX tab at a rave , and is now timothy leary..

fact is , even among pro trippers, maybe 10% can really handle a good wall peeler.
be cautious.

I've only been lucky to find good dose a few times in my life. It really makes me wonder what 95% of the shit that's being passed around now a days actually is. IMO shrooms and acid can easily be far more intense then dmt.

Good doses are not as rare as one might think.
A TLC kit from bunk police, a good eye for BS, & learning to read people while not being afraid to call out BS when you hear it may very well surprise you.

I've been meaning to get some tlc kits the next time I go to a festival, i'll keep your advice in mind, thanks
“I am that gadfly which God has attached to the state, and all day long …arousing and persuading and reproaching…You will not easily find another like me.”-- Socrates

Doc Buxin
#23 Posted : 2/8/2016 11:20:45 PM

Pay No Mind

anne halonium wrote:
BringsUsTogether wrote:

So true anne...
Every time someone makes a statement like this, I think, "gee, what kind of LSD or shrooms have these people been using?"

anne halonium wrote:
...fact is , even among pro trippers, maybe 10% can really handle a good wall peeler....

LMAO!!!! Though I have never heard that phrase until now, it is certainly the appropriate nomenclature to apply to those kind of experiences!Thumbs up

Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

JDSalinger
#24 Posted : 2/9/2016 12:32:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lyghtsout wrote:

I just want to get this out. Nothing shook me up quite like seeing him in this state. Never seen anything like it before. I can only imagine what it was like for him.

Also, I'm curious if any of you went through or witnessed anything like this?

Yes, I have. Had some MDMA, which had been laced with LSD. We had taken the caps orally on several occasions before, sillily we decided to snort it this time. We were very naive, all of us were instantly tripping balls, my friend though was gone, he wasn't responding to us and ended up doing exactly what the OP describes. He is very strong and we were unable to restrain him. Called the ambulance and he spent the next eight hours strapped to a bed thrashing about, the house was covered in his own blood and trashed as well. He came out of it all very confused about why he was in hospital, his trip was very pleasant from what I can gather.
“Among other things, you'll find that you're not the first person who was ever confused and frightened and even sickened by human behavior. You're by no means alone on that score, you'll be excited and stimulated to know. Many, many men have been just as troubled morally and spiritually as you are right now. Happily, some of them kept records of their troubles. You'll learn from them—if you want to. Just as someday, if you have something to offer, someone will learn something from you. It's a beautiful reciprocal arrangement. And it isn't education. It's history. It's poetry.” J.D. Salinger.

Lizz
#25 Posted : 2/9/2016 1:47:12 AM

Reptilian humanoid

Redguard wrote:
anne halonium wrote:
BringsUsTogether wrote:

be cautious.

Yeah I'm sad to admit my first couple experiences with lsd were pretty weak. Like barely any visuals and mostly a stimulation of the mind/emotions. Even the best acid I've had was only comparable to threshold doses of dmt. I honestly didn't think you could still acquire acid as potent as it was back in the day, but maybe I've just been looking in the wrong spots. To be honest though, I dont think I'd want a more intense trip than dmt for 6-7 hours. That sounds exhausting.
And I'm lonesome when you're around
I'm never lonesome when I'm by myself.
And I miss you when you're around...

Lukem5
#26 Posted : 5/4/2016 12:43:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Lyghtsout wrote:

Now here's the REALLY interesting part and pretty unbelievable. I feel like I'm telling some fairy tale bullshit. The guy who smoked DMT is mid 20's, he's been color blind his whole life. Everything is black and white and he could only see two colors - red & green. He saw colors in the experience and that's not all, now he sees all colors perfectly fine! He is not the type to make that kinda thing up, we tested him and he proved himself I know for a fact he sees color for the first time in his life. Where he worked products are color coded so people couldn't say "green one" to him he'd have em point, now he goes right to it. We showed him a yellow highlighter, he didn't know names but he'd say "it's bright". He compared blue on his shirt to the blue in the sky, "it's darker and it's the same color as that sign in the distance."

For a hour and a half he shared with me and one other person his experience. I was mesmerized. I don't remember enough to really portray it to you but it was the most powerful trip report I've heard including the ones on the documentary - and yes - Terrence Mckenna's.

Terms like "wrath of God" "Pure Power" were used. Being flooded with information while 2 spiritual beings battled over his soul one was good and the other was mad he was there. Picking him up then his body turned to liquid like on x-men 1 and felt like he was exploding. He remembered a lot more then I expected.

Now he says he would do it again after years have passed, but he's afraid of the physical damage it caused him. I mentioned being strapped down and he made a good point - coming out of the DMT trip strapped to a bed would be a bad experience.

Crazy shit. Especially about him seeing colors now. Who knows how long it will last. What caused this? Is it possible these spirits were real and decided to give him sight of colors? I just can't imagine a physical reaction would repair you're eyes or visual cortex. I almost think the spiritual implication seems more logical. Perhaps it's psychological, he saw colors for the first time in the trip and couldn't unsee them? Nah... That's stupid lol...

Whatever it is, it's a miracle. There's no rational explanation. People who read this can't be sure I'm telling the truth and that's lousy. I wish you could see things from my perspective, how positive I am that this is real as I'm typing this. It's my first real experience with a miracle.

I have also healed my color blindness with psychedelics. It subtle but its there, I can discern red/green better than when I was a kid, and my vision has degenerated since then due to computer use.

entheogenic-gnosis
#27 Posted : 5/4/2016 2:31:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

In response to the original post.

This was a great report, the information included was very relatable and coincidences quite well with my own personal experience. Some people can report things that I can not relate to in any way, and I always wonder, how can DMT be so variable?

Quote:
(Lyghtsout said) He said he didn't regret doing it, but he will NEVER do it again. He didn't blackout - he remembered the experience. He said he thought he was never coming back and it completely changed his perception of everything. He's more appreciative of life and feels naturally more tolerant and caring of others

This was identical to my first breakthrough...actually it was my first time.

Only I didn't start flopping around, or need to be restrained...

I did begin crying and bawling (which I still get teased for)

At one point they tried to put me on the phone with my girlfriend, but they said I began screaming at the phone "help me! For the love of God, HELP!"
It really freaked her out, my sitters had to awkwardly call back and explain...

And just before "the mantis" I can remember standing up and trying to feel if I was breathing...the air was going in, but I felt like I was not actually breathing for some reason...

When it was all over the pipe was still in my hand...

I have a full experiance report, but I've posted it so many times that I would feel overly redundant posting it again, but I guess I will...Again, sorry for telling this story so many times, but I consider it the most significant event in my life.

Quote:
the first time I smoked DMT it was 200mgs yellow crystal on top of high-grade marijuana, I cleared it in a single hit. I remember feeling like I was at the bottom of a foggy mountain with dirt roads, I was overcome with an intense feeling of panic and deja-vu, I felt like a lost child, everything I knew about who I was or my life or earth seemed like a distant dream, like I dissolved out of existence, I interpreted this as dying, I knew that I was dead, and I was emotionally overwhelmed while confronting the event of my death....I could not tell if I was breathing or not, I would take air in, but couldn't feel it, then noticed a pain in my chest, a giant mantis like being had its claws in my chest, it proceeded to tear open my chest and stomach removing all my organs and insides, I was about to go into shock when I saw a bright green light flash over my shoulder, it nearly hit me, it then became a beautiful geometric object, morphing and color changing, like a jewel from hyperspace, the mantis then put this object in my torn up body, he began to make billions of these objects, each one unique and radiating beautiful colored light ans he filled my body with them, then I was sealed up and propelled into an orange light where I was resurrected...then I felt as if I was being pushed through a membrane, I was being born....then back to reality....those who were there said in reality I curled up into a ball and began to cry for 20 minutes, I was wondering why my face was wet, because it felt like I had actually just went through being born...any way the immense deep spiritual and psychological implications of this experience left me for ever transformed, reborn as a new person entirely, it was the single most meaningful thing that has ever happened to me

*note: the dose range discussed in this report is highly inflated, there is no reason to ever dose this high.

leading up to this event I had been frequently using high dose psychedelics of all kinds, particularly psilocybin and LSD, and while I had never tried DMT I thought that I knew enough to know what to expect, I thought my experiance with other compounds somehow made a difference in this situation, and I thought that surly I must need a massive dose...I was wrong.

And while I ended up curing my depression, developing a new love and enthusiasm for life and others, and discovering my spirituality, this was pure luck, and my unmindful actions could have resulted in disaster.

* this was a quick report centered on the highlights, there were some other things that happened that I chose to leave out.

Quote:
shamanic abilities are generally brought on by a personal crisis, such as illness or sudden shock. where this is not naturally forthcoming, initiation designed to produce the effects of such a state are used to bring about rebirth as a shaman -J. Mathews;the shamanism bible

I've always thought that this kind of shock was the experiance, and was essential, and that if the DMT failed to produce a "personal apocalypse", than it did not do its job...

Though after reading this, it becomes obvious that there are risks involved with pushing people into these experiences, and if you are going to take it upon yourself to initiate another person to the DMT breakthrough, you better be very well prepared to handle the worst case scenarios.

To me it was death, and yes, I felt I was never going to return...

The funny thing is, even though now I know that I will return, I can't shake the feeling that I permanently killed myself during every flash...I don't cry anymore, but it never gets easier.

It took months before I could gather the courage to try DMT again after my first flash

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#28 Posted : 5/4/2016 2:34:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
(lyghtsout said) I just want to get this out. Nothing shook me up quite like seeing him in this state. Never seen anything like it before. I can only imagine what it was like for him.

My last post was also in response to This statement, I forgot to quote it into the post though.

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#29 Posted : 5/5/2016 3:58:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
(with 50 mg, intramuscularly) "I feel strange, everything is blurry. I want my mother, I am afraid of fainting, I can't breathe."

(with 100 mg, smoked) "As I exhaled I became terribly afraid, my heart very rapid and strong, palms sweating. A terrible sense of dread and doom filled me -- I knew what was happening, I knew I couldn't stop it, but it was so devastating; I was being destroyed -- all that was familiar, all reference points, all identity -- all viciously shattered in a few seconds. I couldn't even mourn the loss -- there was no one left to do the mourning. Up, up, out, out, eyes closed, I am at the speed of light, expanding, expanding, expanding, faster and faster until I have become so large that I no longer exist -- my speed is so great that everything has come to a stop -- here I gaze upon the entire universe."
-TIHKAL; DMT entry; A. Shulgin

These two entries from TIHKAL each share elements that were also a part of my experiance, there are some aspects of the experiance that actually appear to be quite objective, and it's these objective aspects that I find in each of these entries.
I can understand exactly how they felt.

One physical aspect of feeling as though they were not breathing, and that they were about to faint, was also part of one of my experiences, though I don't hear this phenomenon mentioned often...

...When you remove subjective interpretations of what these experiences/hallucinations are and mean, and remove the colorful descriptions of the visual phenomena, you actually are left with some pretty objective core traits...

One thing said in the original post regarding the "look like nobody is home" struck me as being a very accurate description, but of a rarely mentioned phenomena. this is almost a tell-tale sign of the breakthrough, you can see this "click" where the eyes become blank...

I've always interpreted these DMT experiences as being identical to dying/death*, it's hard for me to picture how it could be anything else. I mean what else could it be? As far as I'm concerned the only difference between a DMT breakthrough and actually dying, is that at death you are unable to return to the physical incarnation from which you departed...

*the words "death" and "dying" are fraught with negative connotations and tend to conjure up notions of the "dark" or "morbid". In this case, these are in fact misperceptions. Also, some often feel that these words imply that the experiance was somehow physically painful, like "I thought I was dying", but being referred to in a manner conveying physical pain or physical discomfort, this is another misperception, and is unrelated to the phenomena which I am describing.*

-eg

PREV12