We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Urgently need advice for upcoming work with Iboga Options

Hayabusa
#1 Posted : 4/24/2016 10:59:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello there fellow Psychonauts I'm 24 years old male from Germany and currently looking forward to working with the plant iboga. Please forgive me any misspelling I'm writing this from my cell phone. I'd also be interested in a full membership at this site but but my main concern right now how to get started with that. The reason I come asking for assistance was that thisseems to be the only place still running where people know a good deal about iboga. If got a whole lot of questions I'd like to discuss with experienced folk.

I'm not sure whether I should take a full flood dose or rather start by taking microdoses. I'm at a weak point in my life, though it's gotten much better recently. I had basicly been paralyzing myself mentally to escape the agony of a bad situation, which is a pattern I have been using for all my life on and off, and now I'm in a pretty funky mode, constantly stressed out and unabled to enjoy anything or relax. Though, as mentioned, it's gotten a little better recently, which is sure thanks to effort Im putting into my wellbeeing since one year.

But this pattern always lurks in the back, that's why I'd like to try Iboga.

Questions I'd like to get answered:

-I heard that doing several flood doses to early one after the other can cause significant trouble. Since I'm tending towards microdosing for a month or two and then after a small break, taking a flood doses, how long should I wait in between?

-Would taking CBD together with Iboga take away from the good effects? From what I could gather Iboga can have a eather unpleasant stimulant effect in low doses. For someone like me who's always thinking hyperspeed this might be a bad thibg. In my theorie the CBD might take the edge of. I'd also like to take CBD before the flood dose to ease me into the experience, how does that sound?

-I have a 4g bag of TA( total alkaloid extract) in my fridge, been there for 4 months now. Should I be worried about degradation at some point? Also, how do I store it after opening it up? I'd like to take 1gram for microdosing and leave the rest for later but need to find a way to preserve the rest well, otherwise I'd be forced to go for the flood so I don't waste my material...

-I'm psychologically damaged and still in the process of getting back "into" life and relearning how life "works" and mostly, learning who I am. How's the chance that Ibpga might do more harm than good?

That's it, I hope I get to exchange some words with you guys, the Nexus has always been a pleasant go to site for me to get information and just get some good vibes from reading awesome peoples post, I'd really like to fully participate at some point.

NamasteSmile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

null24
#2 Posted : 4/25/2016 1:48:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Welcome to Nexus. I do NOT have personal experience with ibogaine, although am thoroughly intrigued by it. Singular in its action(s) among all other drugs in the pharmacopoeia, it deserves real attention. It's a serious thing, IMO, a big giant molecule that doesn't really adhere to any one classification, I've heard it called a dirty molecule because it seems to work across such a wide spectrum of the brain, acting in several regions. This is all anecdotal info I'm working with, btw, please correct me if I'm wrong.

That said, FWIU, as for your questions on dose timing, most people that I have talk to that have used it to address an issue – which has always been an opiate addiction – have said that a small dose, and then a flood dose is necessary. But this is to address an opiate addiction.

The point of microdosing, again from what I understand, is that the metabolite,noribogaine, stays active in the system for a period of weeks, and it in itself is a fairly powerful antidepressant.

So I guess it really comes down to what you're trying to get out of that. The psychedelic state that it generates sounds to me very different from that generated by most classic psychedelics, and is a long dream like visionary state in which were one can we live in great detail, essentially reexperiencing, crucial past events in their lives and that is usually of great personal meaning to them and catalyzes a greater desire to work toward lasting positive change.

That, in combination with the seemingly miraculous pharmacological effects of it make ibogaine a top medicine in my book, to be thoroughly prepared for and to go into armed with clear purpose and intent.

I doubt this was of any use to you and for that I apologize for wasting your time, Hayabusa. Very happy Good luck on your journey, I hope you get out of it what you are looking for.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Hayabusa
#3 Posted : 4/25/2016 12:00:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the reply null24.

It's true that in most cases iboga is used to help with addiction. I used to smoke cigarettes and burn out on weed but skipped that now for some weeks so I'd be abled to go into worling with iboga in the best state possible at the moment.

No harm done with the answer, if anything it was reassuring that I'm not a dumbo which is what 99% of the people atound me would think if they'd know I have a visionary plant called Iboga that may help me make some progressBig grin

Do have an idea maybe hpw I can restore the plant material after tearing up the baggie? I'd like to take 1g out and leave the rest for later, but am super worried about degradation Sad

Intezam
#4 Posted : 4/25/2016 1:53:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You know, iboga is a threatened plant, the iboga TPA is mostly from wild harvested plants from Cameroon and it's near extinct in the wild. If it's not a life-or-death matter, try to avoid it if you can, even if it's a great entheogen....

We think other entheogens can also do a lot for you....anyway, we haven't fully understood your crisis. Is it depression? Border line?

null24
#5 Posted : 4/25/2016 3:00:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Intezam wrote:
You know, iboga is a threatened plant, the iboga TPA is mostly from wild harvested plants from Cameroon and it's near extinct in the wild. If it's not a life-or-death matter, try to avoid it if you can, even if it's a great entheogen....

We think other entheogens can also do a lot for you....anyway, we haven't fully understood your crisis. Is it depression? Border line?

^^ THIS.

I forgot to add, yes iboga is threatened and sacred.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Hayabusa
#6 Posted : 4/25/2016 3:01:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well I already have it at home and if I don't consume it at some point, the material will degrade and be worthless.

I think my problem tends towards depression, since beeing in a happy mood basicly alivates my symptoms, though I have kind of an "affinity" for derealization/ depersonalisation. That was one thing that used to confuse the hell out of me, but I now get that this is a defense mechanism to deal with a otherwise overwhelming situation. Fun fact, the realization that I'm under this condition came to me after my first DMT "trials" where first had seemingly zero visual distortion. After a particullary large hit I perceived how my thoughts were just beeeeending to shield me from the effects. I have had very intense DMT experiences during a hike though, spending much time in nature cleared my thoughts a little. I also get visuals easily since then from psychedelics, was never a thing for me prior but there really seemed to be a kind of 'third eye opening'

But as mentioned, this is an on and of pattern which I've been using for all my life and although there have been phases very I was very much 'into' life, it's always struck me back cause of that. When I'm deep into derealization/depersonalisation phases, I act like a robot, nothings fun, everythings a hideous task, I can't concentrate, I'm extremly uncomfortable around people, and I guess my cortisol levels are trough the roof constantly. I've been working HARD for one year now on my mental constitution by meditating, working out, doing yoga, doing aikido(lile karate but more self defense) and just generally pushing myself out of my comfortzone very much and as mentioned, there's really some minor progress, most of all a kind of determination I didn't realize I was capable of, but still these symptoms are pretty strong. That's why I'm particulary interested into Iboga, it seems to cut trough bad habits like a razorblade given the right dose. I'm just not sure if I'm ready to take the big plunge and go for a flood dose since people often call it the most intense thing ever Shocked

I know other entheogens can do alot, I'd say I'm pretty experiemced with the benefits of them and generally very well informed all around. But currently I couldn't let go during these experiences anyway. My last really enjoyable trips were 2 years ago and I don't think there's a chance I could recreate these now.

Anyway it seems to me that Iboga would be the most suitable for my problem, but I'm well aware that there could be other options.

dreamer042
#7 Posted : 4/25/2016 7:23:12 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Once you open it just take what you need out then seal it back up in a glass jar and and put it back in the fridge for long term storage. Start with a mg or two for allergy test then a larger but still very small microdose to assure you react to it okay. From there dosing is up to you and what your goals are. In your case I'd suggest starting low and working up may be a better route than jumping right in with a flood. Best of luck, let us know how it goes.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Hayabusa
#8 Posted : 4/25/2016 9:05:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
Once you open it just take what you need out then seal it back up in a glass jar and and put it back in the fridge for long term storage. Start with a mg or two for allergy test then a larger but still very small microdose to assure you react to it okay. From there dosing is up to you and what your goals are. In your case I'd suggest starting low and working up may be a better route than jumping right in with a flood. Best of luck, let us know how it goes.

Exactly my thoughts. But wouldn't the iboga degrade in a jar since there's a considerable amount of aur in that? I'm so worried that it will degrade since it so extremly rare... it might take a looooong while to get the same amount again if I fuck this up.

But yeah I'll sure let you know about my progress uf your guys are interested.

UgraKarma
#9 Posted : 4/25/2016 9:36:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

-I heard that doing several flood doses to early one after the other can cause significant trouble. Since I'm tending towards microdosing for a month or two and then after a small break, taking a flood doses, how long should I wait in between?

Listen to your body. A flood dose is going to deplete you in a more rigorous way than virtually any other drug I can think of. No sleep and no food for the first 48 hours is just the tip of the iceberg - and mind you that these are only the acute physical effects. You're going to unpack volumes of personal data that hasn't been touched in years, decades, etc... I'm not going to turn this into a response about the importance of proper integration, but keep this at the forefront of your mind during "The Gray Day" and beyond.

-Would taking CBD together with Iboga take away from the good effects? From what I could gather Iboga can have a eather unpleasant stimulant effect in low doses. For someone like me who's always thinking hyperspeed this might be a bad thibg. In my theorie the CBD might take the edge of. I'd also like to take CBD before the flood dose to ease me into the experience, how does that sound?

I microdosed pretty heavily after my flood - and found I was able to sleep even on heavier (300-600mg HCL) doses, although what time of the day you take your dose will of course be part of it. If I were you, I wouldn't look to counteract the drug's more primary and dominant effects. Experiencing the whole spectrum of effects is pretty crucial to a positive experience - why plan on it in advance? Your concern of "hyperspeed" thinking might be confusing "stimulating" properties as being similar in some way to a proper stimulant experience - the two couldn't be more different. Although your body is jacked I noticed my actual thought process slowed, to a near-meditative state post-flood and during my microdose routine. Although I can't imagine any complications associated with the two, I'd point to the old adage that iboga does not play nice with others.

-I have a 4g bag of TA( total alkaloid extract) in my fridge, been there for 4 months now. Should I be worried about degradation at some point? Also, how do I store it after opening it up? I'd like to take 1gram for microdosing and leave the rest for later but need to find a way to preserve the rest well, otherwise I'd be forced to go for the flood so I don't waste my material...

Should be fine. Toss it in your freezer, and leave it there til it's gone. Even if you don't, if you plan on using it all within the next year I'd think you'd be just fine. With that said, it sounds like you might not have enough to see through your entire plan (depending on your weight and what you plan to do with it.) I've not worked with TA - only ibogaine hcl, so mind you this is coming from what I've read - but my understanding is that a proper flood is typically anywhere from three to four grams of TA. (With that said, there's no way I could know the purity of your TA.) That doesn't leave you with much material to microdose afterwards. If you havent started lurking on Eboka.info, I'd suggest doing that before flood day comes around, there's libraries of dosing info in the threads there.

-I'm psychologically damaged and still in the process of getting back "into" life and relearning how life "works" and mostly, learning who I am. How's the chance that Ibpga might do more harm than good?

Well - as I'm sure you know, there's little "fun" to be had with iboga, and it can genuinely get downright disturbing when you're in the trenches of a flood. You might be upset, or confused, or even psychically a bit wounded when you come out. Remember, this is not corrective therapy as many sensationalist blogs seem to hype it as, this is a hard reset. The damage will be exposed to you, which allows you to correct the damage afterward - but you have to do the heavy lifting and change it. I'm guessing that you have some history with psychedelics based on picking this message board to pose the question to, so I think the simplest analogy might be a very upsetting and even dark mushroom trip. The trip itself is not very fun, and probably upsetting, but you're forced to acknowledge all this data you may have otherwise have continued to ignore or repeat... in its broadest essence, iboga can manifest in a similar way (it just happens to last over 48 hours instead of 4-8 hours.) With that said, go with a purpose, do as much prep as you can, buckle up, and do the necessary follow-up work afterward and I'd be shocked to hear you didn't get what you wanted from the experience.

As a small addendum, I've read a few reports on the Nexus and Eboka of people flooding alone. DO NOT DO THIS!!! Especially your first time.

Small addendum #2: If you have not yet read the Manual For Ibogaine Therapy, I'd recommend you do this before anything else - the single most useful document I was able to locate in terms of informing a flood dose outside of a treatment center.

Best of luck, and please keep us informed on how things are going..
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

Hayabusa
#10 Posted : 4/25/2016 10:17:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

WOW, thanks for this greatly detailed answer. Exactly what I was hoping for. I know that Iboga is kinda like the definition of 'serious business', that's why I've been holding myself back to not take it as soon it arrived untill now, so I'd go in with a proper set and setting.

You mention that you microdosed after your flood, can you elaborate a little more on how long you did so, why and at which doses? That's something I didn't even consider yet, but I get that it could help the whole integration part.

UgraKarma
#11 Posted : 4/26/2016 8:18:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hayabusa wrote:
You mention that you microdosed after your flood, can you elaborate a little more on how long you did so, why and at which doses? That's something I didn't even consider yet, but I get that it could help the whole integration part.

Perhaps it is best to use the term "booster doses" in lieu of "microdoses" - although the two seem to be used interchangeably, however the fundamental difference seems to be that a booster dose is supplementary to a flood dose.

I went into my flood with no prior ibogaine experience. (Tester dose of 100mgs, followed by ~600mgs ibogaine hcl one hour later, followed by ~500mgs 30 mins later.)

Five days after my flood I ingested my first booster dose, of around 300 mgs, and did this 4 more times (taking anywhere from 200-600mgs, although at the high end of the dosing walking became a tad precarious, and I wouldn't necessarily suggest others dose this high in micro/booster sessions, although it worked wonders for me.)

The way I utilized the medicine, my intent was to have the flood, and use boosters to maintain the Zen-like headspace I referred to in my previous post. With booster doses I was able to maintain this for close to 2 weeks. Be advised that even the lighter end of the booster dose spectrum will cause visual disturbances (Heck... even my allergy test did.) These visual disturbances became especially pronounced for me during the evenings regardless of when I took my booster. It was not uncommon for me to go about my business the day after a booster dose, and once nighttime arrived I'd notice trails/tracers in my vision and think to myself "Oh yeah, I took more iboga yesterday!"

Mind you, my primary motivation at the time was to abort the more acute symptoms of an opiate detox, so "dragging out" the effects of the flood dose were part of why I structured my dosing the way I did, but with that said I plan to go back into ibogaspace without the symptoms of withdrawal to worry over some time in the next 1-2 years, and plan to follow my same routine as I did before... it just seemed to work quite well.

One other note is that if you plan to microdose leading up to a flood, you'll need to recalibrate how much to take for your flood dose, as the iboga will have stacked up in your system by this point.

At the end of the day - if you really want to get serious work done and can allow for a sitter/nurse I'd strongly recommend flooding over microdosing. Although I've never actively microdosed outside of the flood plan detailed above, I simply cannot see how it could be as effective as a full tilt flood.

EDIT: Not completely imperative, however I will say that if and when you plan to flood, try to have it so the "first wave" of iboga (the heaviest stage of the experience on all fronts, which will last ~14 hours) will be affecting you in the evening. Iboga is definitely more light-sensitive than any other ally I've worked with, and nobody seemed to harp on this point when I was asking questions. Take your allergy test right after the sun has set, and you'll be entering phase 2 (The Gray Day) right around when the sun starts to rise. Again, not imperative, but strongly recommended.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

Hayabusa
#12 Posted : 4/27/2016 11:56:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much, especially for what you wrote in the edit Smile

Perhaps it's of an interest that I'm 72kg, 187cm height and my Iboga TA is supposedly 60-70% pure. May sound unlikely but I've heard that from many sources so I guess might be true.

Quote:
One other note is that if you plan to microdose leading up to a flood, you'll need to recalibrate how much to take for your flood dose, as the iboga will have stacked up in your system by this point.

Any idea how to calibrate that? I've decided to order rootbark for microdosing so I can go for more of the TA and perhaps leave some as a booster. How much time there'll be between microdisung and the flood really seems like a crucial point... has anyone an idea?
I think I'd take 250-350mg daily for a month or so.

UgraKarma
#13 Posted : 5/4/2016 11:27:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you're microdosing until the effects stack up into a pretty heavy headspace, I'd definitely shoot for 3-5 days between your last microdose and your flood in lieu of playing mad scientist with your weight, sensitivity to iboga, etc... Especially for your first time.

RhythmSpring
#14 Posted : 5/4/2016 11:57:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

UgraKarma, you da man!! Such helpful posts about Iboga, it's helping me, too. I've done Iboga 2 times with some booster dosing/microdosing in between, I could certainly use a recalibration of my approach to it. I've had some pretty disastrous outcomes... oy.

I'm chiming in, however, just to say that I would advise against taking CBD with Iboga. In my personal experience it has interfered with the process. Iboga generally likes to work alone.

Though, CBD would probably be good for after the flood when you are seeking some grounding and nourishment.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Hayabusa
#15 Posted : 5/9/2016 8:17:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Any suggestions on how much to use to microdose daily and for how long?

UgraKarma
#16 Posted : 5/9/2016 8:25:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dosing iboga is not quite as simple as many other compounds - and depending on how many people you ask this question to, I'd bet that you'll receive a proportional variety of answers.

The higher your dose the quicker you'll notice the effects begin to stack on top of each other. My recommendation would be, following your allergy test, to start Day 1 with 100-200mgs ibogaine HCL (or convert based on whatever form you're working with,) and depending on how this effects you, titrate up or down as needed during your following days. Mind you, this is just one recommendation and not a protocol by any stretch, but it seems both conservative and effective to me.

EDIT: How long you wish to microdose is mostly up to you. Figure out what might work best for you. Here is a link to a subforum on microdosing at the Eboka board - browsing through this sub might answer your questions much more quickly and effectively than I'm able to.

LINK

Hayabusa
#17 Posted : 5/9/2016 9:46:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member