We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Evodia Fruit Extraction Experiment Options

Shiva13
#1 Posted : 3/9/2016 5:33:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking over the Wiki, I noticed that evodia fruit was shown to contain 5-MeO. Seeing that only a few threads were started about extracting from evodia and only one of those came to a inconclusive end. Although I am fairly inexperienced in extraction compared to others on this forum I decided I have enough free time and have been bored enough to try extracting from the fruit myself. I ordered 500g of evodia fruit and measured out 100g for extraction. If this fails and the elders have any suggestions for a better extraction I have 4 more extractions worth of material to try again!

I am familiar with the Earthwalker Tek with ACRB so that is where I started. I ground the evodia fruit in a coffee grinder before beginning my extraction. It has a very distinct smell that has been mentioned in other threads. It smells like there is magic hiding in there but at this point I can't be sure.

One thing I noticed is that during the initial base stage, the powdered evodia tended to float to the top of the extraction vessel and takes quite a while to settle. The de-fat step of the extraction was very much needed. The naphtha was a very heavy yellow color after pulling. I did not do a freeze precip. Instead I let all of the pulls evap at room temp. The resulting material is a red goo with a very different smell than NN-DMT. It has been drying for about a week and is still very much goo.

Because I did not want to miss out on any possible alks, I decided to do aditional pulls from the initial basic soup using xylene. after a few minutes of mixing the first pull, the xylene turned almost black in color. I did a total of 5 50ml pulls. The last pull was very pale compared to the first dark pull. I performed a FASA on the resulting pulls. I am in the middle of washing now and do not have any results to share but will update very soon.

The last thing I wanted to mention is that I saved the naphtha pulls from the AB de-fat step. After sitting for a week there was a sediment that developed at the bottom. I decanted and saved this sediment just in case there is something there. It is an experiment after all.

Any and all feedback is welcome. I have a good amount of material to continue testing if anyone thinks they have a better or more efficient method. I will get around to testing the fruits of my labor after some feedback on my methods as long as none of the feedback gives me cause for concern Razz

Shiva13 attached the following image(s):
IMG_20160223_171017313.jpg (3,240kb) downloaded 390 time(s).
IMG_20160223_173926019.jpg (1,716kb) downloaded 387 time(s).
IMG_20160223_210221492.jpg (2,282kb) downloaded 388 time(s).
IMG_20160309_241629828.jpg (553kb) downloaded 387 time(s).
IMG_20160307_183439784.jpg (1,242kb) downloaded 385 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Shiva13
#2 Posted : 3/10/2016 4:30:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After finishing the FASA, I weighed out a whopping 8mg of extracted material. I still have not weighed out the red goo from the AB. I am going to give it some more time to see if it might dry out a bit more.

If the material from the FASA does prove to be 5meo, I might be tempted to do a full FASA to see what the total yield might be. Compared to the AB, the FASA left a much cleaner and easily workable material. Not to mention that 5meo salts (if that is indeed what I have) can still be vaporized at only a slighter higher dose. The conversion to free base may not be worth it.
IMG_20160309_223542993.jpg (2,657kb) downloaded 376 time(s).

Doc Buxin
#3 Posted : 3/11/2016 12:42:14 AM

Pay No Mind

I am very interested in how this is going to work out, especially due to my history practicing Traditional Chinese Medicine & this herb being a very important herb in TCM.

Thank you for starting this thread Shiva13.

I am looking forward to more information from you when the time is right! Thumbs up
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Redguard
#4 Posted : 3/11/2016 1:58:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Posts like this imo are in line with the true spirit of this forum, regardless of how your results turn out. I think the op deserves membership, don't forget to vote ppl.
“I am that gadfly which God has attached to the state, and all day long …arousing and persuading and reproaching…You will not easily find another like me.”-- Socrates

Shiva13
#5 Posted : 3/11/2016 2:20:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

First off I want to thank everyone involved in promoting me to a full member! I promise to use my new found powers only for good Razz

I will certainly update this thread as soon as I get around to doing a proper test of the extracted material. After reading many 5-MEO trip reports, I am hesitant to test it out alone in case I am lucky enough to actually have it. It might be some time before I find myself in the right place, with the right person, and with the right mindset.

In the meantime I may continue the extraction experiment. This time doing just a FASA. The 8mg I have from the second runnings of the AB is not much to work with.

concombres
#6 Posted : 3/11/2016 3:19:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Shiva13 wrote:
First off I want to thank everyone involved in promoting me to a full member! I promise to use my new found powers only for good Razz

I will certainly update this thread as soon as I get around to doing a proper test of the extracted material. After reading many 5-MEO trip reports, I am hesitant to test it out alone in case I am lucky enough to actually have it. It might be some time before I find myself in the right place, with the right person, and with the right mindset.

In the meantime I may continue the extraction experiment. This time doing just a FASA. The 8mg I have from the second runnings of the AB is not much to work with.

Shiva, this may not be an option for everyone due to the costs involved, but if you want to be certain whether you have extracts 5-meo or not before smoking, you could certainly have a sample of your extract analyzed by a drug checking service. If you do have 5-meo, i think this would be a particularly valuable tool here, as it is undeniable proof whether your extraction pulled 5-meo or not & it also allows you to determine your course of action here.

As always, if their is 5-meo, proceed with caution. Start with allergy tests & miniscule amounts, crude extracts can be a dangerous game with something as potent as this & it I imperative you figure out just how potent things are before just deciding to vape a hefty pile in the assumption the extract produced is dirty or crude.

Shiva13
#7 Posted : 3/11/2016 3:42:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would be very interested in having it tested and was thinking about that very possibility the last few days. Only problem is I will need quite a bit more extracted material. I have 8 out of the 30mg that is needed for testing. I could convert the goo I have to salt and see what comes of it, but I would rather keep the extraction method the same for the sample I would send.

I would rather know what I have with certainty or else all that would come of this is knowing if this extract is or is not psychoactive. Having never done 5-MeO, my trip report would be the only thing to go on.

Looks like I need to get back to extracting! Thumbs up

Hiyo Quicksilver
#8 Posted : 3/15/2016 11:21:17 AM

just some guy

You may want to check out our plant analysis info, as there are some pretty reliable ways to test your extracts using simple, legal and readily available materials. Thanks to the continuing efforts of many Nexians and many many others, we have a veritable wealth of information on the topic which may be of great interest to you.

Thank you very much for all of your own work, and this sure is an exciting thing to see developing. For the second time, it is great to see such great interest and enthusiasm, and we sure do appreciate your joining us here to help us learn and grow together.. Welcome to the Nexus! Thumbs up

PS: I really like your kitchen/workshop! Smile

Biawak
#9 Posted : 3/15/2016 11:37:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. You're controlling your crock pot with a precision thermostat?
"The cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation." - Terence McKenna

Shiva13
#10 Posted : 3/15/2016 1:23:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do have more learning to do when it comes to analysis and testing. I will surely check it out. I am always up for a challenge and I definitely draw on the overwhelming wealth of knowledge from others on this site. I am happy to help developing new info.

My kitchen has definitely become my workshop haha. The crock pot is controlled by a cheap ebay controller that I had lying around. It works pretty well to keep temps within 1 degree C. It was built last minute to try my hand on some sous vide cooking but never got around to putting it in a real enclosure. It has come in handy for many different applications and Im sure Ill find more for it.

Shiva13
#11 Posted : 3/23/2016 4:26:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I got a Bunk Police Ehrlich kit in today and decided to do some tests on both the freebase and salts that I extracted from the evodia fruit. It may not be as good as a true separation test but I dont have to funds for that at the moment. Looking at the reaction test results from the Bunk Police site it may be promising. However, I would like others with ore experience to make the final call.

First photo is from the freebase extraction

Second photo is from the salt extraction. I did it first in a ceramic bowl I had because I didn't want to wash the results from the freebase. It didn't seem to be conclusive and I wounder if it had something to do with the ceramic. I'm no chemist so I may be way off base.

The third photo is also the salt from the FASA extraction. Its not in the amount that is suggested in the kit. It was whatever I could scrape from the container that held the original 8mg.

Other than the Ehrlich test, I have dabbed a very small bit of the freebase goo on my finger and ingested it orally. Shortly after I there was a bit of a DMT like body load that lasted for maybe an hour. I did the same with the last of the salt powder from the container not long ago and I am feeling the same sensation.

IMG_20160322_235910936.jpg (531kb) downloaded 259 time(s).
IMG_20160323_240033254.jpg (725kb) downloaded 263 time(s).
IMG_20160323_241108875.jpg (1,075kb) downloaded 262 time(s).

eastlancsguy
#12 Posted : 3/23/2016 2:12:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm no expert Shiva, but the colours certainly seem to match the reference videos.

Really great work here mate, thanks & congratulations!

nen888
#13 Posted : 3/23/2016 2:23:58 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

yes, completely in the true spirit of cutting edge nexus research, and well done Shiva13

oral activity at those levels suggests a 'kick-arse' nature, and unknowns (though 5meoDMT has mild oral activity, in some people more than others) so proceed with caution...there could be a few things in there..
and, as you already planned, vaporisation is the safest bioassy method..

but, so far very interesting indeed !

Shiva13
#14 Posted : 3/23/2016 2:46:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wouldn't say that the body load I was experiencing was extreme, but there was a definitely a feeling of being slightly off baseline.

If the results I got are in fact 5meo, the next step is to determine the actual yield from the FASA extraction. I am going to begin my xylene pulls tonight and should have the results in a week or less.

I still have 300g of the dried evodia fruit left to either try to repeat the same extraction process or try something different. So if anyone has a tek they feel might provide better results I would be willing to give it a go provided the materials are easily accessible.

wira
#15 Posted : 3/24/2016 2:55:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shiva13, you should know that these fruits are known to contain many alkaloids, amongst which 5-MeO-DMT, DMT and N-methylpinoline are amongst the minor trace alkaloids according to the few studies that reported finding them at all. The main alkaloids are usually evodiamine and rutaecarpine. I'd advise any ingestion of larger amounts of the crude alkaloid mix be approached with caution, as I've heard of people getting quite sick from ingesting too much Evodia extract.

Doc Buxin
#16 Posted : 3/24/2016 11:53:46 PM

Pay No Mind

wira wrote:
I'd advise any ingestion of larger amounts of the crude alkaloid mix be approached with caution, as I've heard of people getting quite sick from ingesting too much Evodia extract.

Yes...

In Traditional Chinese Medicine Wu Zhu Yu (Evodia) is categorized as hot & acrid & ascends stomach qi (which means it makes you vomit in high doses).

Highly refined extracts standardized for a particular alkaloid are one thing, but the crude extract of this herb can potentially cause some serious gastrointestinal upheaval!

Just a friendly warning to the wise. Wink
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Shiva13
#17 Posted : 4/28/2016 7:05:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It has been longer thank I anticipated, but I finally have yield results for a FASA extraction. In actuality I have 2 extraction results from 100g of dried fruit each. The first was with 3, 50ml xylene pulls. The second was with 7 pulls.

3 pulls - 16mg
7 pulls - 22mg

Starting with 100g dried fruit, that gives a yield of 0.016% and 0.022% respectfully of crude extract (0.019% total). From the wiki, Evodia Rutaecarpa was found to contain between 0.0003% and 0.0005% 5-MeO-DMT. Assuming I extracted all of the 5-MeO and the 0.005% yield on the Wiki is correct, only 1mg out of the 38mg of crude extract would be 5-Meo. While the Ehrlich kit appeared to show 5-MeO to be present, I can not be sure of the concentration, or if any of the other alkaloids in the extract could produce similar results.

wira
#18 Posted : 5/4/2016 5:27:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some of the major alkaloids (ie. not the ones you're looking for) are also indoles so perhaps this could be the source of the positive reaction to Ehrlich, especially in such a small sample of alkaloids.

basilic
#19 Posted : 6/4/2016 5:11:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry but have you the latin name for evodia.
I have a tree Who seems to be the same and is latin name is tetradium Danielli very good for bee and spirite it would be wonderful.

Aum_Shanti
#20 Posted : 8/14/2016 3:56:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

As I have just mentioned in this thread:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=750435&#post750435

I could expect that a lot of the 5-MeO-DMT in the dried fruits are in oxide form. They wouldn't have been pulled by the solvents you used.
So if you ever have the intention to do some more experimenting on these I would be highly interested in the yield if you do first a zinc reduction on the fruits.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

12NEXT