We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A question about pets and hyperspace travel Options

ducdevil
#1 Posted : 4/26/2016 2:48:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hi everyone

i know this is, perhaps, a strange question but i would love to hear the community's perspective on this. there are so many folks here the answers are sure to be varied; i am curious as to what you all have to offer.

question: when preparing and getting ready to embark on a voyage to hyperspace, do you let your pet/pets run freely through the house, or do you either confine them or go to a place where they cannot disturb you during your experience?

reason i ask is i have a wonderful, fantastic cat - LOVE her deeply - but she is really needy. she will follow me around, and is prone to jump on me at any moment. not aggressively at all; always affectionate and loving, but it is often startling. it's been more than once i have been in the throes of a deep journey, only to be startled way too early back to this dimension with a 13 pound cat jumping on my chest.

i should mention that once i have returned, and am in that lovely after-glow reflective zone, it is very special to bond with her. that i don't mind at all. i'm talking about those first 5-10 minutes of hyper-travel and entity mingling.

i hate to close doors on her, but i am wondering if this is the only way to ensure uninterrupted peace and privacy.

love to hear your thoughts...what do you do?

thanks in advance for your insight and experiences!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DmnStr8
#2 Posted : 4/26/2016 3:01:02 AM

Come what may

I always place my dog in her kennel when I use DMT.

I don't want to be disturbed. My dog would likely come up and lick me and get in my lap. If a squirrel farts three blocks away, my dog will bark. I would hate to have a big bark in my ear in the middle of hyperspace.
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

smoothmonkey
#3 Posted : 4/26/2016 4:29:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you have a loved one or someone you trust who likes to travel as well?

Even if they don't, you could have them hold the cat while in the room with you. I often have my girlfriend hold our dog after the space has been set, take my journey, and then I hold both of them in the afterglow. Extremely present and comforting to come back to Pleased
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

Doc Buxin
#4 Posted : 5/3/2016 1:50:07 AM

Pay No Mind

I've never really thought about a cat conundrum like you're describing ducdevil...

My wife & I haven't had cats for many years after going through quite a few untimely, premature, heart-breaking pet cat deaths.

However, we have 5 dogs...Four of the five are rescues...

Now, before we moved to our present location on the farm 7 months ago, my place for journeying with DMT was what we would affectionately call "the dog yard". It also happened to have a huge, old, protective walnut tree & all my bonsai trees in it too.

Well, back then I would simply wait until all the dogs were mellowed out & then I would journey into hyperspace.

Most of the time they would be quietly enthralled along with me & just lay there peacefully. I remember one time they barked at someone or something walking by the front of the house & I quickly jumped up in the middle of a hyperspace extravaganza & quieted them down very fast & sent out a deeply sincere telepathic apology to all the entities who were stuffing me full of information from the hyperspatial realms while I was re-sitting myself back in my sacred tripping chair. The entities responded in kind & created a huge protective temple out of what was the walnut tree. It was magnificently beautiful, the roof a rotating dome of a zillion electric gemstones. The feeling of protection & love washed over me. It was like they were telling me that I didn't have to apologize for the dogs barking & that we were all highly protected.

Also for the record, we have an old (but very beautiful chicken) named Jupiter that I have tripped with more than just about any other animal. That chicken, I believe, has inhaled more DMT vapor, Cannabis smoke & tobacco smoke than any other chicken in the world. She is still alive & doing awesome as ever at 9 years old.

Nowadays, at our new place, we've built a gigantic yard for our dogs & they usually stay in there while I journey in the barn facing east (the open end of the barn looking out into the old olive grove). If I wait until late enough at night they'll get quiet, but they might start barking at the scurry of a ground squirrel or rabbit or skunk or raccoon, etc. & they're now about 20 feet away in their yard & I can yell at them to be quiet but it isn't quite the same as not having the dogs all around me while traveling.

I love having animals around me while I traverse the hypespatial realms, but it has to be peaceful obviously.
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

ducdevil
#5 Posted : 5/3/2016 3:50:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks so much for the responses, so far....
i'm surprised more people haven't chimed in, but i am grateful for those who have.

to Smoothmonkey: no, i really don't have anyone around, at least on a regular basis. it's kind-of ironic; before i had ever experienced spice and during my research, almost everyone said, "never do it alone, and certainly not for your first time!" well, i have to this date only done it solo. in fact, it's hard for me to imagine traveling with someone else around. i am open to it, of course, but the right time, person and space has not presented itself to me. thanks for asking.

to Doc Buxin: wow - 5 dogs, and 4 rescues....bravo, good sir! you certainly have a lot of good Karma in your account that will reward you someday. it sounds as if you have a good situation and some element of control over the situation; i really appreciate your input. also, so sorry about the previous losses of your cats - i know from experience how truly torturous and agonizing that can be. i lost my dear Jezebel about 16 months ago and while i've healed somewhat and can smile about her instead of weep, i still pause frequently and miss her dearly.

my newest animal teacher is Eleanor, a fantastic yet quite needy rescue cat. 13 lbs of Maine Coon, she's a beauty and sweetie, but, as you know, cats will do what they please, usually not willing to abide by requests or commands as dogs might. yet, she causes no trouble, destruction or aggression, so it's merely an issue of finding peaceful and uninterrupted space. i suppose it's not a huge crime to close the bedroom door once in a while for an hour. but then again, i would hate for *that* to be in the back of my mind somehow, coloring my trip in some way. complicated, isn't it? Confused

i love the bond i have and that we create with our animal friends and spirits. they truly are teachers; i am still learning much from them.

thanks again for your input - i enjoy this discussion...

peace

Intezam
#6 Posted : 5/3/2016 9:18:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Can try bribe your cat a wonderful tasty treat before you close the door Laughing and blast off, it will keep that cat busy for perhaps five min. then it will clean it-selfs for another five to ten min. Make sure the treat was not manufactured by/from/for/in-the-name-of the hell-bound*....that way your mind should be at peace/ease, no?

Doc Buxin
#7 Posted : 5/4/2016 12:04:05 AM

Pay No Mind

ducdevil wrote:
...no, i really don't have anyone around, at least on a regular basis. it's kind-of ironic; before i had ever experienced spice and during my research, almost everyone said, "never do it alone, and certainly not for your first time!" well, i have to this date only done it solo. in fact, it's hard for me to imagine traveling with someone else around. i am open to it, of course, but the right time, person and space has not presented itself to me...

Same here ducdevil...My first experience with DMT I broke right on through to the other side with little effort & was all by myself (with the exception of our aforementioned dog companions), had an amazing time in hyperspace & now, a couple hundred journeys later I still prefer to traverse hyperspace alone. I've done it once with my wife & a very dear friend who was experienced & it wasn't bad at all, but I don't really need the distraction of other people around whilst trying to soak up as much information as possible from hyperspace.

ducdevil wrote:
...so sorry about the previous losses of your cats - i know from experience how truly torturous and agonizing that can be. i lost my dear Jezebel about 16 months ago and while i've healed somewhat and can smile about her instead of weep, i still pause frequently and miss her dearly....

Thank you for your empathetic, kind words. I really appreciate that. My wife & I are simply animal lovers through & through, especially dogs, cats & chickens.

ducdevil wrote:
...my newest animal teacher is Eleanor, a fantastic yet quite needy rescue cat. 13 lbs of Maine Coon, she's a beauty and sweetie, but, as you know, cats will do what they please, usually not willing to abide by requests or commands as dogs might. yet, she causes no trouble, destruction or aggression, so it's merely an issue of finding peaceful and uninterrupted space. i suppose it's not a huge crime to close the bedroom door once in a while for an hour. but then again, i would hate for *that* to be in the back of my mind somehow, coloring my trip in some way. complicated, isn't it? Confused

I love Maine Coon Cats!!! How lucky you are to have rescued what sounds like a very kind spirit!
I wish you the best of luck coming up with a reasonable solution.

ducdevil wrote:
...i love the bond i have and that we create with our animal friends and spirits. they truly are teachers; i am still learning much from them...

They truly, truly are. I could not agree more. I don't know what the heck I would do without our wonderful animal friends!

Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Shiva13
#8 Posted : 5/4/2016 2:24:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to lock my 2 cats out of the room when I traveled. They are both needy and would cry loudly the entire time. It was very distracting and as much as I tried to ignore their crying I would find myself focusing on it when I heard it in hyperspace. The thought of them interrupting my travels actually added to any pre flight anxiety that I might already be experiencing.

I started letting them into the room on my come down and found their presence to be very calming. There was a feeling like they knew I had been away and were excited to see me. They seemed more excited and eager to snuggle up with me than are when I get home from work. I have been feeling like cats have some ability to sense when I've smoked DMT and are either concerned for me or want to accompany me. If they are locked out of the room and I wait until they are silent to blast off, they immediately begin to cry after I put down the vape.

Recently I have allowed them into the room for my travels. I sit with them during my pre flight meditation. During this time they want to crawl all over me but for whatever reason, as I continue to meditate and calm myself they find a spot on the bed and calm down as well. When I do pick up the vape and blast off they stay in their place until I start to come down. As I'm coming down and I open my eyes and make eye contact with them, they perk up and become extremely excited to see me. They come to greet me and snuggle while purring loudly and drooling.

I don't think I would ever shut them out of the room again. At least for me, they give me comfort when I need it and keep their distance when I'm traveling. The biggest thing is I longer feel distressed because their cries never enter hyperspace.

furhenden
#9 Posted : 5/4/2016 4:10:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes yes, your story is very familiar.

One of my two cat's loves to jump up on my lap in the most inopportune moments.

Also my cat's seem to be fascinated by the smell of dmt.

One time I awoke in the wee hours of the morning, and decided to step out back onto the porch and have a little journey under the full moon. Quite literally as soon as it was really coming on, my cat decided to get into a fight with a neighbors cat..... The sound of two cats growling and howling loudly at each other while peaking is not really conducive to a good experience either. Smile

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."
Carl Sagan