We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Today I Turn One: An Anniversary Options

TGO
#1 Posted : 5/2/2016 9:07:33 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Today I am a one year old Nexian. It seems like only yesterday that I decided to quit lurking and join the ranks, as this seemed like something I was meant to do, necessary even. Time is funny like that I suppose. The journey has been fantastic, to put it mildly and I have met a lot of wonderful folks.

The insights, wisdom, and guidance mixed with the humor, philosophy, and arguments topped with the music, sprinkled with art, and twice baked with literature. This is the Nexian, a favorite mental dish of mine. The more time I spend here, the more I learn and I could never express enough gratitude for all the things that get accomplished around here. And the people...you are all so crazy and lovable and even though I only know you through words written on a screen, it feels like I've known many of you my whole life. As "hippie" as it may be, I feel that we really are all connected in some form or fashion, even if I can't put my finger on it. That right there, is undeniably beautiful.

I'd have to say that one of my favorite things to do here (besides laughing hysterically in the chat room from time to time) is being able to share and read trip reports. It is like a blank canvas in which I paint the experience with words which can then be instantly peer reviewed and critiqued, as with anything posted on The Nexus. With many other forums, it seems like every other person is a potential troll, and you have to search through endless amounts of childlike behavior to get any sensible or useful information. That quickly becomes tiresome, as I'm sure many of you know. But I digress.

The point of this post is just to say thank you for allowing me to be a part of this community thus far. One year down and many, many more to come. As always, keep calm and SMOALK MOAR!

Very happy

Much Love

-The Grateful One-
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 5/3/2016 1:54:05 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Many haapi returns of yor (un)(re)birthday. Your enthusiasm kindness insight and consistent attitude of gratitude have been a real blessing to the forum. Thank you for all yor contributions and here's to many moar mad marvelous magical moments with us mystical (di)methylated monkeys.

Cheers Big grin
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Jees
#3 Posted : 5/3/2016 5:53:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BIG hug Love

Koornut
#4 Posted : 5/3/2016 6:19:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

DoingKermit
#5 Posted : 5/3/2016 11:14:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Nexus is a very special place indeed... and even more special because you are in it.

Much love, you grateful being Smile

InLaKesh
#6 Posted : 5/3/2016 4:43:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

congrats !
nice to have you here , feels longer than 1 year !
Smile
In Lak'ech - I am another yourself

anon_003
#7 Posted : 5/3/2016 6:58:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This was very sweet, TGO!!

Very grateful to have you on board Big grin
Once in a while, you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

TGO
#8 Posted : 5/5/2016 3:27:02 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Love

Thanks everyone!

The only thing that could make that Carlton meme better would be if it were a GIF of his famous dance moves. This isn't a GIF but it will do, hehe:

https://youtu.be/zS1cLOIxsQ8

Laughing

Thumbs up

DmnStr8
#9 Posted : 5/5/2016 3:57:42 AM

Come what may

Well... Happy Birthday!

How many Nexian years does that make you? 2000 something?
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

TGO
#10 Posted : 5/6/2016 2:16:55 AM

Welcoming committee

DmnStr8 wrote:
Well... Happy Birthday!

How many Nexian years does that make you? 2000 something?

Very happy

Lets do the math:

1 human year = ~1 human year

1 dog year = ~5.5 human years

1 cat year = ~5.5 human years

1 Elephant year = ~1.6 human years

1 Cow year = ~6.6 human years

sooooo,

Now we have to factor in Wizard years and the wizard has the power to cast a life extension spell on himself or others allotting an additional 450 years to his lifespan, Merlin style. And since I know the wizard personally, he helped me calculate the Nexian age.

It is simple:

First, take into account all the animal year equivalents listed above. Now throw those out. We don't need them. Moving on:

1 Nexian year when mixed with a generous Wizard extension spell = 1000 human years

Then we add in an extra 1000 years just for good measure to make an even 2000, since 1000 clearly was not even enough. To anyone without a wizard friend, a Nexian year is simply 550 human years. The extra 1000 years can only be factored in if one's power level is OVER 9000...this is very important and should never be overlooked. Without it, the equation simply fails and the universe has the potential to collapse upon itself if done incorrectly. All that being said, I'm the oldest infant ever!

So yep, you pretty much hit in on the nose.

Laughing

Smile

spacexplorer
#11 Posted : 5/7/2016 11:12:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hehe grateful one and one year old yay Smile

obliguhl
#12 Posted : 5/7/2016 11:17:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

TGO
#13 Posted : 5/8/2016 1:20:38 AM

Welcoming committee

Thanks! It is always a pleasure to log on!

Smile

brilliantlydim
#14 Posted : 5/9/2016 9:49:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up Happy anniversary and glad that you are here TGO. You are doing a great job on the welcoming committee by the way.