We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Will small amounts of everclear and PG absorb plasticides Options

KuFo
#1 Posted : 2/22/2016 2:49:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Absorb plasticides off the sides of the plastic dropper bottles. Does anyone know of a safe plastic ml drop bottle, or am I ok with these and in a 1 ounce bottle 1 part everclear and 4 parts propylene glycol. IS that safe? These are bottles i have. I like to save money is the reason i'm buying so many and it's a lot cheaper. Over a lot of months maybe a year it'll take me to use these.

http://www.amazon.com/Br...s=plastic+dropper+bottle

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 2/22/2016 8:18:02 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Plasticizers/pesticides Wink

Stick with glass if you can. Plasticizers will leach out of the plastic.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

KuFo
#3 Posted : 2/24/2016 5:26:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Plasticizers/pesticides Wink

Stick with glass if you can. Plasticizers will leach out of the plastic.

if i had that solution in that plastic bottle for one day then put it in a glass one, it's not like it would kill me right?

Chan
#4 Posted : 2/24/2016 7:15:21 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Not straight away, no, but
Quote:
Over a lot of months maybe a year it'll take me to use these.
maybe?!

Look, no-one here is ever going to endorse the use of plastic, ever, not for all the dollars in Washington.

Plasticizers, and other endocrine disruptors are active at the nano-gram level. If you're cool with cancer in your new tits and micro-penis, for the sake of a few bucks, then go ahead, but stop looking for green-lights, because you won't find any here.

Make of that what you will.
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

KuFo
#5 Posted : 2/24/2016 3:16:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Chan wrote:
Quote:
maybe?!

Look, no-one here is ever going to endorse the use of plastic, ever, not for all the dollars in Washington.

Plasticizers, and other endocrine disruptors are active at the nano-gram level. If you're cool with cancer in your new tits and micro-penis, for the sake of a few bucks, then go ahead, but stop looking for green-lights, because you won't find any here.

the year thing meant i will use these bottles of the course of a year for different things. I noticed in this forum they don't like you talking about bulk anything.
Will PG(propylene glycol) absorb plastic crap too? One day of 10ml everclear and 20 ml PG in a sturdy plastic bottle, would it actually do anything for a one time?

KuFo
#6 Posted : 2/24/2016 3:32:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Chan wrote:
Quote:
maybe?!

I'm talking about one time, the rest of the time the bottles will be used for pg only. I had something that needed everclear to dissolve. So i will only be doing it once. I won't be doing it with every bottle. I know it isn't good for me but what i'm asking is how bad can it be for one time thing?

Ulim
#7 Posted : 5/2/2016 12:32:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Never ever use plastic with solvents.
Even HDPE which is commonly used in plastic bottles to keep alcohol and other solvents cant keep up to acetone or diethylether for a long time.
I use plastic only for dry powders that I dont even ingest.
For oils and stuff that im taking later I use glass bottles with a PTFE disk in the cap to seal everything.
My solvents like alcohol and acetone are kept in their respective metal containers.
The ware I cook stuff in is entirely borosilicate.

PET like the stuff you bought dissolves even in alcohol. Thats why you never see alcohol in plastic bottles. Even cheap beer comes in glass bottles. PET also gets reduced to a small pile of good in minutes by acetone.

Whats nice about the setup I use it that if i want to store something else in the bottles I have I can just take of the cap and clean the glass with acid or other solvents wash the cap and switch the PTFE seal. That way you can store acetone in a bottle and later your DMT pulls after you cleaned it witout any problem.

benzyme
#8 Posted : 5/2/2016 3:36:11 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

no.

benzyme wrote:
generally speaking: polymers (plastics) are largely nonpolar, like dissolves like...thus, nonpolars dissolve polymers (depending on the polymer and solvent).

most polar solutions do not dissolve plastics.

there are always exceptions. ethyl ether, ethyl acetate, and acetone may dissolve some plastics, but ethanol and methanol do not.
don't store conc. phosphoric acid in polypropylene. it will crack it.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Ulim
#9 Posted : 5/2/2016 5:26:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
no.

benzyme wrote:
generally speaking: polymers (plastics) are largely nonpolar, like dissolves like...thus, nonpolars dissolve polymers (depending on the polymer and solvent).

most polar solutions do not dissolve plastics.

there are always exceptions. ethyl ether, ethyl acetate, and acetone may dissolve some plastics, but ethanol and methanol do not.
don't store conc. phosphoric acid in polypropylene. it will crack it.

But most ethanol is laced with Butanone to expemt it from alcohol tax.
Butanone attacks plastic.

benzyme
#10 Posted : 5/3/2016 5:31:11 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

then that's butanone degrading plastic, not ethanol.
one can purchase ethanol and methanol in hdpe containers, some vendors do ship alcohols in hdpe containers (Spectrum, Alliance, etc.) same with PG.

http://pages.ebay.com/li...154&globalID=EBAY-US
http://pages.ebay.com/li...662&globalID=EBAY-US

there's no butanone in everclear. It's 95% EtOH, the rest is water, perhaps a trace of methanol.

Our lab uses 70% EtOH in PE bottles.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Ulim
#11 Posted : 5/4/2016 12:37:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
then that's butanone degrading plastic, not ethanol.
one can purchase ethanol and methanol in hdpe containers, some vendors do ship alcohols in hdpe containers (Spectrum, Alliance, etc.) same with PG.

http://pages.ebay.com/li...154&globalID=EBAY-US
http://pages.ebay.com/li...662&globalID=EBAY-US

there's no butanone in everclear. It's 95% EtOH, the rest is water, perhaps a trace of methanol.

Our lab uses 70% EtOH in PE bottles.

We dont have everclear where i live and some people call storebought alcohol everclear even when its actually not the brand that you can buy in the USA.
I just wanted to be sure so he doesnt dissolve all his plastic into his dmt.