We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Getting Harmalas off your Skin?? Options

JohnIce2
#1 Posted : 3/6/2016 3:52:32 AM

All posts are imaginary.

Quick question. Not entirely important but I am curious (and want to stop glowing under black-lights like I'm radioactive or something).

How do you get the Harmala Alkaloids florescence off or out of your skin?
and also how do you get it out of carpet? because I purged on accident and it seems to have stained my carpet neon blue under a black light (reddish brown under normal).
All posts are imaginary and are just examples for me to learn simple to advanced organic chemistry processes.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

concombres
#2 Posted : 3/6/2016 8:38:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

JohnIce2 wrote:
Quick question. Not entirely important but I am curious (and want to stop glowing under black-lights like I'm radioactive or something).

How do you get the Harmala Alkaloids florescence off or out of your skin?
and also how do you get it out of carpet? because I purged on accident and it seems to have stained my carpet neon blue under a black light (reddish brown under normal).

Laughing i would like to know the same thing. I mean when it is on your skin it comes off with soap & water after a while but you cannot really give your carpet or tables a shower.

What i like to do is paint symbols on my walls with harmala solution & then spring the blacklight on unsuspecting trippers Twisted Evil

steppa
#3 Posted : 3/6/2016 8:50:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good luck with that. Very happy

Used kitchen towels for filtering...put them in the washing machine...together with other stuff. Everything what was in it glows under UV now.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

concombres
#4 Posted : 3/6/2016 8:58:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

steppa wrote:
Good luck with that. Very happy

Used kitchen towels for filtering...put them in the washing machine...together with other stuff. Everything what was in it glows under UV now.

Surrender to the glow. There is no stopping it now Laughing

MindControl
#5 Posted : 3/6/2016 11:47:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If it is harmala alkaloid on your carpet it can be easily washed out of your carpet.

JohnIce2
#6 Posted : 3/11/2016 5:49:13 AM

All posts are imaginary.

Laughing Hahaha I though the carpet was screwed to be honest! lol hell I may dye it all sometime. Thank you for your responses!
All posts are imaginary and are just examples for me to learn simple to advanced organic chemistry processes.

Ulim
#7 Posted : 5/2/2016 12:19:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I never worked with harmalas yet but in my free time i often experiment on some other chemicals.
I once dumped a bunch of acetone with lots of dissolved plastic in it over my leg by mistake.
The jeans was destroyed and my skin was covered in a plastic like film which was impossible to get rid of just like tree resin.
I went to a hardware store and bought some wasing paste which is used by people who paint stuff or work with glue/oils and it got rid of the plastic/acetone goo film thing really quickly without hurting my skin.
Maybe you could get some of this kind of washing paste? Its also good practice if you work with oils that you use that to really clean your skin. Maybe it helps make you look less radioactive too. Smile

Nicita
#8 Posted : 5/2/2016 2:56:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Laughing
On the skin it stays for a long time, I guess more or less until you shed everything than came in contact with it.
I spilled a bit on a kitchen counter -smooth surface- and I couldn't scrub it away with acetic acid, aceton or soap.
I think you carpet might just stay that way Big grin