We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bufohuasca? Options

Scarecrow_
#1 Posted : 6/26/2013 5:10:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I understand that bufotenine may be orally active on its own, and its effects can be improved with the addition of a MAOI.

So I'm curious to know if anybody has any experience with brewing Cebil/Yopo seeds and Caapi vine, to produce some form of bufohuasca? Would bufotenine be soluble in boiling water (as opposed to being "nearly insoluble" in 20 degrees celcius water as 69ron has mentioned)?
[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2nrdkx3.jpg[/IMG]

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jamie
#2 Posted : 6/26/2013 6:58:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

sounds like barfohuasca.

I would not suggest it anyway. Smoke or snuff the seeds and drink caapi beforehand if thats what you want.
Long live the unwoke.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 6/26/2013 5:23:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure how safe oral ingestion of bufotenine is, I would advise not doing it or if so, starting with VERY low dosages (1mg?)

Even though Ott researched a bit with this (his pharmañopo and pharmepena articles), I know there was some discussion here in the Nexus about 5-MeO-DMT not being safe for oral ingestion with MAOI, there was one recorded death (unsure of the dosage ingested), and there was a published paper about bufotenine being one of the possible metabolites of 5-MeO-DMT.

IIRC even certain indigenous groups considered oral ingestion of yopo dangerous.

Swallowing small amounts of snuff containing bufotenine have made me feeling very sick, and not in a cleansing-purge-like-ayahuasca way.

Indeed as jamie said, I'd say try snuffing it instead, preloading with some harmalas if desired, and see where you go from there.

jamie
#4 Posted : 6/26/2013 5:48:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

bufotenine with caapi does not approach the level of depth and healing that DMT with caapi does..just from my own experience. In terms of psychedelic revelations etc I find bufotenine to be pretty shallow with a heavy toxic feeling body load. The upside is that it produces intense visions.
Long live the unwoke.

Scarecrow_
#5 Posted : 6/27/2013 10:18:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hmm, see that's the thing, i have some pretty awful sinuses. snuffing isn't really an option for me Embarrased

i suppose i might be unnecessarily overcomplicating things, i suppose my best bet is to do a proper extraction and smoke it.

re: "barfohuasca" Laughing you don't drink these concoctions for the taste!

SKA
#6 Posted : 6/27/2013 11:19:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Bufotenine is significantly toxic. Hot slushes, profuse sweating, severe nausea & vomitting, muscle jerks & cramps...

That is from snorting Yopo I should say, so I can't attribute all these Toxic symptoms to Bufotenine, but as far as
I know most of them are common (even) with (pure) Bufotenine, smoked or snorted.

So I would defenitely NOT combine bufotenine with MAOIs.
I'm no expert, but it SOUNDS like it could kill you with ease. And in minutes.

So no. Just don't go there. For Bufotenine's sake, go smoke or snort some pure bufotenine if you can get it. This too might be dangerous, considering how potent Bufotenine is.
Otherwise just order some Yopo, some edible lime & make a Yopo snuff. Snorting a snuff made from ony 3 seeds
should deliver amazingly visual, breakthrough experiences on par with those achievable with DMT. That and
plenty of physical mysery like I mentioned before.

I don't believe there really is a "cleaner" way to experience Bufotenine, other than perhaps vaporising
or snorting pure, extracted Bufotenine. However this will probably not eliminate the physical discomfort,
perhaps only lessen it slightly.

MAOI's aren't going to smooth it out either and on top of it might make you monumentally miserable & even
kill you. Don't try it. Many Psychedelics, other than DMT, can be interresting in combination with MAOIs,
but some, like Bufotenine, just aren't safe to combine with MAOIs.

Scarecrow_
#7 Posted : 6/27/2013 11:35:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

All right, sounds pretty unanimous. I think I'm just getting impatient and looking for shortcuts. SWIM has all this Caapi lying around, and no DMT. Only yopo Sad

maranello551
#8 Posted : 12/4/2015 7:16:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What's up Nexians..

I've been considering exploring Bufotenine for a bit and was considering the different ROA's available....

I hear that when smoked alone, bufotenine is nice, but not nearly as nice as when combined with harmalas....I also hear that it makes dmt visuals quite a bit more "three-dimensional" than usual (at least when smoked in "bufochanga".

I tend to like ROA's that promote extensive duration of experience.....so I was thinking oral ROA would be a good idea....however, this brings about the problem of nausea and other physiological effects, supposedly...........these however can supposedly also be offset by preloading either with lemon oil, or 2-4 datura stramonium seeds (or perhaps both unless there's a reason not to combine those?)

So this is what i'm thinking.....since Bufochanga with spice in it seems to be so greatly appreciated by those who have tried it, how about preloading with oral harmalas and lemon oil , before then ingesting isolated spice and bufo together (in a ratio of preference) via a concentrated ethanol or vinegar tincture (orally or sublingually). Would this make for a very 3D/4D, nausea-free, bufohuasca/pharmahuasca? Could potentially stretch their spice supply greatly by adding a small amount of bufo to the mix, right? It's a lot easier to extract a gram of bufo than it is a gram of spice, and a far lower dose is used, especially when used in conjunction with spice, I would imagine..

jamie
#9 Posted : 12/5/2015 4:25:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have done everything with the stuff I could think of, including smoking large doses during ayahuasca peaks, snorting it with harmalas, combining with cacti etc..

In terms of healing and benefits from the trip I have found that bufotenine can actually take away from that because all you can focus on is the horrible constriction and toxic feeling nausea. If you can get past that, it produced some of the most stunning visionary experiences possible.

I will use it infrequently I am sure in my life for those really high def far out tryptamine visions. Once every few years and I am good.

I only had o3 bufotenine trips for me that really stand out as entheogenic experiences I grew as a person from on some level.

I would say for anyone really interested in it, try smoking and snuffing high dose bufotenine once just to see it. It is stunning. I really do feel like people should be careful with it though, esp anyone with heart conditions. I don't care so much that officially the LD50 for bufotenine is listed as higher than DMT. I do not feel that bufotenine is safer than DMT or 5-MeO-DMT physically. I think it is more dangerous. Alternatively, it is much safer psychologically. I would be quite hard to freak out on bufotenine(unless combined with other tryptamines/phnethylamines) from anything other than the alarming body effects. It really does lack the mental effects of other tryptamines for myself, leaving it feeling less magical and profound. DMT and 5-MeO-DMT can leave some people terrified and traumatized for a period.

I would never suggest a person actually ingest bufotenine orally. It will convert to an acid before first pass metabolism and you will feel absolutely horrible...think gangreen.

When using this molecule for a few nights in a row I once had a muscle ache in my leg for days after. The vasoconstriction is no joke. If you dont like LSA constriction, well bufo is multiples of that.

Please be careful with this tryptamine. I don't mean to frighten people, and I certainly took it enough while I was exploring it...
Long live the unwoke.

maranello551
#10 Posted : 12/5/2015 4:48:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
I have done everything with the stuff I could think of, including smoking large doses during ayahuasca peaks, snorting it with harmalas, combining with cacti etc..

In terms of healing and benefits from the trip I have found that bufotenine can actually take away from that because all you can focus on is the horrible constriction and toxic feeling nausea. If you can get past that, it produced some of the most stunning visionary experiences possible.

I will use it infrequently I am sure in my life for those really high def far out tryptamine visions. Once every few years and I am good.

I only had o3 bufotenine trips for me that really stand out as entheogenic experiences I grew as a person from on some level.

I would say for anyone really interested in it, try smoking and snuffing high dose bufotenine once just to see it. It is stunning. I really do feel like people should be careful with it though, esp anyone with heart conditions. I don't care so much that officially the LD50 for bufotenine is listed as higher than DMT. I do not feel that bufotenine is safer than DMT or 5-MeO-DMT physically. I think it is more dangerous. Alternatively, it is much safer psychologically. I would be quite hard to freak out on bufotenine(unless combined with other tryptamines/phnethylamines) from anything other than the alarming body effects. It really does lack the mental effects of other tryptamines for myself, leaving it feeling less magical and profound. DMT and 5-MeO-DMT can leave some people terrified and traumatized for a period.

I would never suggest a person actually ingest bufotenine orally. It will convert to an acid before first pass metabolism and you will feel absolutely horrible...think gangreen.

When using this molecule for a few nights in a row I once had a muscle ache in my leg for days after. The vasoconstriction is no joke. If you dont like LSA constriction, well bufo is multiples of that.

Please be careful with this tryptamine. I don't mean to frighten people, and I certainly took it enough while I was exploring it...

So datura seeds on lemon oil don't resolve the vasoconstrictors and other physiological sideeffects? Also, does one get as sick with sublingual administration or when using in bufochanga?

Perhaps the dose needed to boost the power of spice is below the dose range that causes physical discomfort?

jamie
#11 Posted : 12/5/2015 7:03:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

all doses cause the discomfort IME. It appears before the psychedelic effect does.

Nothing I tried fully blocks it, and certainly not at visionary doses.

Yes, smoking it makes me incredibly nauseated and almost always I vomit.

It is definitely a shamanic kind of experience for me, but not so much a mystical experience.
Long live the unwoke.

Ulim
#12 Posted : 5/2/2016 12:53:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
sounds like barfohuasca.

I would not suggest it anyway. Smoke or snuff the seeds and drink caapi beforehand if thats what you want.

Sign me up. I wanted to loose weight anyways.