We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Improving lung capacity Options

5pac3mau5
#1 Posted : 2/8/2016 10:15:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been curious as to finding ways of increasing my lung capacity or lung durability might be a better term for it.

I have used spice a handful of times and each time I have wasted a lot of product due to my weak lungs coughing it out involuntarily after only 4-5 seconds. I have tried leaf bed method all previous times and while I have my version of "The Machine" made to try and help this problem, I have yet to try it out. I smoke tobacco daily but even when smoking cigarettes I am unable to take full inhales or to hold in smoke for very long. I do exercise but it tends to be infrequently.

I have thought about using a balloon to catch wasted vapor when I cough, but I feel this may be difficult to manage as my ascent into hyperspace begins. Aside from the balloon, any tips for being able to increase lung capacity, hold the vapor in longer or make better use of it?
"Billy Pilgrim has become unstuck in time."
"So it goes..."
"Poo-tee-weet"

Everything this user posts is to be regarded as a intricate work of fiction.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

TGO
#2 Posted : 2/8/2016 10:29:43 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Hi, you may find these links useful:

http://www.wikihow.com/Increase-Your-Lung-Capacity

http://www.newhealthguid...rease-Lung-Capacity.html

It really just boils down to practice and proper breathing exercises. Good luck!

Edit: It also helps if you breathe every last bit of air out before taking your hit. Then when I do take the long, slow hit I like to fill my lungs to about 90-95% capacity with DMT and then sucking in some fresh air to top it off. It seems to help with any harshness one might experience. I discovered this technique when smoking MJ and it helped me to not cough as much...

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

5pac3mau5
#3 Posted : 2/9/2016 3:44:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your help Grateful, appreciate the links and your tip. I'll definitely put these to practice when the time comes!
"So it goes..."
"Poo-tee-weet"

smoothmonkey
#4 Posted : 2/9/2016 4:20:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This breathing technique has done wonders for me! And it also gives u a euphoric feeling while practicing. Hope this helps:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=69199&find=unread

Safe travels! Smile
реР рдЕрд╕рддреЛ рдорд╛ рд╕рджреНрдЧрдордп ред
рддрдорд╕реЛ рдорд╛ рдЬреНрдпреЛрддрд┐рд░реНрдЧрдордп ред
рдореГрддреНрдпреЛрд░реНрдорд╛ рдЕрдореГрддрдВ рдЧрдордп ред

null24
#5 Posted : 2/9/2016 4:52:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Ill express gratitude as well for these links GO- Thank you!

Having been a heavy smoker for a very long time тАУ and still one, it's the addiction of all addictions тАУ this is been a concern of mine as well. Sometimes it can be difficult to take a big enough hit.

I'll check out those links and do some exercises, seeing as how there's a dish of nice milky NPS evaporating on my windowsill right now!
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*╬│╬╜с┐╢╬╕╬╣ ╧Г╬╡╬▒╧Е╧Д╧М╬╜*

5pac3mau5
#6 Posted : 2/9/2016 8:21:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

smoothmonkey wrote:
This breathing technique has done wonders for me! And it also gives u a euphoric feeling while practicing. Hope this helps:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=69199&find=unread

I just tried it out and the effects definitely improved lung capacity and gave me some very... interesting... effects to say the least. I wouldn't describe them as euphoric but it certainly wasn't unpleasant either. My whole body began tingling, my body felt warmer, and it did put me in a nice place mentally that I could see being beneficial for meditation or some spice. I look forward to experimenting with this breathing technique a bit more and I'll likely use this before my next blast off.

After a bit more practice (and my promotion to a full member) I'll post a bit more about my experience on the thread you linked since you've certainly peaked my interest.
"So it goes..."
"Poo-tee-weet"

Bancopuma
#7 Posted : 2/9/2016 10:06:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Alternate nostril breathing/nadi shodhana pranayama has been shown to increase lung capacity. A study is attached the also describes the technique.

smoothmonkey
#8 Posted : 2/9/2016 3:07:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

5pac3mau5 wrote:
After a bit more practice (and my promotion to a full member) I'll post a bit more about my experience on the thread you linked since you've certainly peaked my interest.

The first few times it was a little difficult, but with practice it becomes easier, you can hold your breath longer, and it gives u a sense of peace. It's become something I do every day. Good luck mate! And welcome to the nexus Thumbs up
реР рдЕрд╕рддреЛ рдорд╛ рд╕рджреНрдЧрдордп ред
рддрдорд╕реЛ рдорд╛ рдЬреНрдпреЛрддрд┐рд░реНрдЧрдордп ред
рдореГрддреНрдпреЛрд░реНрдорд╛ рдЕрдореГрддрдВ рдЧрдордп ред

Ulim
#9 Posted : 5/2/2016 12:43:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had Asthma as a kind.
Now i dont really have it anymore but im still allowed to by the inhalers.
I use them before smoking to greatly increase my lung capacity.