We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Smoother yopo Options

ijahdan
#1 Posted : 4/25/2016 9:23:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Some yopo which I made a few months ago seems to have become much easier on the nose and causes less vasoconstriction than when fresh. It was made with toasted de-hulled yopo seeds, ground, mixed with edible lime in a 4:1 seed to lime ratio, made into a paste, toasted to dryness then rehydrated and dried a second time.

When I first tried this, I was unable to enjoy the visuals as there was constant nausea throughout as well as very sore nasal membranes.

Anyway, the other night I decided to dig it out for another try. I'd had a couple of beers earlier in the evening, so this could have helped counter the vasoconstriction, but there was a lot less nasal pain as well. Smoother than tobacco snuff for example. I also did it in stages and waited for the constrictive effects to fade each time (about 5 minutes). There was slight abdominal and facial pressure but no nausea.

Anyway, after about 4 moderately sized lines, I felt the high frequency buzz starting so I turned off the light, lay back with my eyes closed and watched as the rapidly oscillating wire framework started dancing around, drawing me into bufo space. For the first time I was able to enjoy this in comfort and with a totally clear mind. My body felt heavy but relaxed, kind of like a mild sleep-paralysis, although I was able to move if I really made an effort.

Visuals progressed to moving backwards through corridors with glimpses of different rooms as I sped past. One interesting thing was kind of 'flash frames' of intricately patterned and coloured tilework, which contrasted the mostly monochrome line-drawings which made up most of the space. There were brief glimpses of writing and more colourful objects. I have the feeling on a slightly higher dose these coloured realms would be accessible for longer periods of time.

So more investigation needed. Might make another fresh batch to compare with this 'matured yopo'

Fell asleep easily afterwards and woke feeling refreshed after only about five hours sleep.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

kerelsk
#2 Posted : 4/25/2016 1:13:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's a good idea to let your limed yopo sit a while, so that the lime turns into CaCO3 by reacting with CO2 in the air. I think it helps to keep the limed yopo wet for a little to let this process occur.

This is probably some of what changed in the mixture...

I have a little jar of yopo I've been avoiding for a while, partially to "age" it and make it less irritating to my nasal passages. It was enjoyable last time I tried a little. Felt sick for a few minutes, and then got a lovely tryptamine glow.

Thanks for the report

jamie
#3 Posted : 4/25/2016 4:59:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Interesting. I have never observed old seed snuffs having smoother effects, and I have used snuffs that sat around for over a year. I do feel however that there are aspects to snuff prep that are known to jungle peoples only. Fermentation is rumored..If I was younger and still playing with the seeds I would give it another go.
Long live the unwoke.

LibertyforAll
#4 Posted : 4/29/2016 7:48:58 AM

Claro in Vitam

Paperjack turned me onto the practice of using essential oils in the snuff, added during the process of making it. When the freshly powdered seed is mixed with lime and water, this is when I add the oil, he recommended mint but I imagine just about any could be used. have to be careful not to add excess amounts though, a drop goes a long way, just a couple drops will cover 2-3g ... I usually form the yopo into a ball that looks a lot like hash, and it will harden after drying, then turn black and this is when it crumbles apart, usually by itself, but this is when its ready to be pulverized further. Definitely takes more than a day to make it proper, there's a lot of subtleties to it you notice after making it a few times. Oils seem to have their own chemical effect moreso than just scent and 'flavor'
I believe in freedom for everyone.
'movies are for people who lack real drugs.' -anne halonium

ijahdan
#5 Posted : 4/29/2016 11:53:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Never thought of essential oils, sounds like worth a try though. I had my yopo in a paper wrap,stored in a sealed container which formerly contained vanilla flavoured halva. Maybe some of the vanilla essence became infused with the yopo. The jungle spice I store in the same container now smells only of vanilla...

The lime conversion to limestone would also account for less causticity. Same principle when using lime render or plaster, over time it turns back to limestone through reacting with carbon dioxide.

Id be interested in hearing about more traditional techniques in producing yopo. Ive heard the process does take some days, even though it can be done much quicker.

Next Ill be combining with a predose of sublingual caapi alks.

Also toying with the idea of some kind of 'super yopo' containing harmalas and small amounts of tobacco snuff and dmt acetate. Need to experiment with ratios though.