We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychedelics: Lifting the veil | Robin Carhart-Harris | TEDx Options

Swarupa
#1 Posted : 4/26/2016 8:13:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

A nice Ted talk by Robin, focusing on his research with psilocybin and depression.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Nathanial.Dread
#2 Posted : 4/26/2016 8:48:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There was an awful lot of woo in the first half, but the second part, esp. the results from the depression research, are really great. I've never heard Dr. Carhart-Harris speak before, only read his papers, and it's nice to finally be able to put a voice to his writing.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Praxis.
#3 Posted : 4/27/2016 11:03:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing Swarupa. Smile

The research results are pretty compelling--is there a paper available for download? I'm curious what the dosage was, among other things.

I sent this to my mother and a few other folks I know who've suffered from major depression for years. They've never been super responsive to raw data, but I think Ted Talks provide a framework for presenting ideas that people with "conventional" values are more willing to place their trust in. I'm curious to see how they respond.
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

Swarupa
#4 Posted : 4/28/2016 12:05:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't think the study has been published yet Praxis* in the description of the video it says that the first phase of the clinical trial has been completed, once published it should appear on the Imperial College Website. As he pointed out some people reported a relapse in depression so it's not clear-cut who can benefit, what kind of follow-up is necessary for integration etc.

Robin's given a few talks that can be found on youtube, he even discussed the dosage they used in one of the previous psilocybin studies (the fMRI study if i remember correctly) and how that relates to mushrooms. So many great studies have been carried out over the last few years, hopefully that momentum continues...

* Update
Psilocybin with psychological support for treatment-resistant depression: an open-label feasibility study