We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is this the easiest Caapi extraction method ever? Options

ganesh
#1 Posted : 4/25/2016 12:27:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This idea is based upon the theory that 'food grade' calcium hydroxide is a base that is insoluble in Alcohol, and relatively non toxic. So if pure Ethanol was used to extract a dry freebased Caapi plant mass, then mostly freebased full spectrum alkaloids would be extracted.

So, how about mixing dry powdered Caapi with food grade calcium hydroxide, then wetting with water, thereby causing the alkaloids to freebase, before allowing to dry out to pull with pure Ethanol to extract the goodies, and leave the gunk behind?

Has anyone tried this? Pleased
More imaginative mutterings of nonsense from the old elephant!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

slewb
#2 Posted : 4/26/2016 4:22:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm thinking there is definitely some stuff in caapi that isn't alkaloids that is ethanol soluble. That's not to say that you shouldn't use this if it's the easiest way for you though! You'd get the actives, dosage just might take some experimentation.

ganesh
#3 Posted : 4/26/2016 9:46:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

slewb wrote:
I'm thinking there is definitely some stuff in caapi that isn't alkaloids that is ethanol soluble. That's not to say that you shouldn't use this if it's the easiest way for you though! You'd get the actives, dosage just might take some experimentation.

Yes. I suppose it would be mostly tannins, but since caapi is relatively non toxic, i doubt this would be an issue. However, i guess to saturate the caapi properly, a lot of ethanol would be required, and a good press to properly squeeze it out. Perhaps it would even need weeks of soaking to create a worthwhile tincture?

Hmmm..seems like a good idea, seems workable, but maybe simply regular extracted freebased Alkaloids into Alcohol is a better way to exhaust the caapi, create a clean freebase, use little alcohol.

But let's not jump to conclusions yet! Maybe in practice it may actually be a really quick and efficient technique?
More imaginative mutterings of nonsense from the old elephant!