We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT and effect on sperm or reproduction? Options

Ptothed666
#1 Posted : 1/17/2013 7:29:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DMT and reproduction or affects on sperm
I am curious of the affects on sperm or reproduction and DMT. my wife and I would like to try to have another baby and will DMT effect my sperm or be harmful or cause side effects to the baby ? I have searched but have not found any info on this. If it is harmful how long should we wait to try to conceive since my last usage?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Vodsel
#2 Posted : 1/17/2013 7:59:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

Hi Ptothed666,

there is no evidence that DMT has any negative effects whatsoever on sperm production.

Regarding pregnancy, the documentation you can find is related to ayahuasca consumption. In South America, many pregnant women have ingested ayahuasca (which includes DMT) and the only general consensus is that it should be avoided in advanced stages of pregnancy, since the strong physical purge induced might provoke miscarriage. However, strong DMT experiences might not be apt for a pregnant woman in any stage, particularly when there's no extensive experience with it, so if my wife wanted to ingest DMT while pregnant, I would suggest caution.

It has been mentioned, for instance, that certain alkaloids present in syrian rue can have abortifacient properties, so I'd steer clear from that if I was your wife. But in regards to DMT, there's no research that I know of suggesting toxicity for either sperm cells or the fetus.

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 1/17/2013 9:57:54 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

As Vosdel said, there's no evidence that DMT has any negative effects whatsoever on sperm production, but on the other hand nobody has asked the question and put it to scientific test. In other words, we do not know whether dmt affects sperm quality because we haven't looked at this aspect.

There is a connection between dmt and progesterone, as discussed there:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...px?g=posts&m=195535

The latter is more relevant to females reproductive physiology though.

I had no problem getting the missus pregnant after dmt, but that's an n=1

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Intezam
#4 Posted : 4/25/2016 8:33:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One can always increase the semen count by eating lots of basil seeds (i.e tulsi seeds) or mixing it with falooda (..we think).

___________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway, the reason we bumped this is: we like to twist the original question a bit:

Does preservation and/or '*fermentation' of semen increase the count of tryptamines in the boday???

Okay, this is all speculation, but....

Quote:
....If there is leakage of bodhicitta, the Buddha of Unchanging Light is slain...Therefore, with the power of retraction, drawing up 'love' with the base energy of life-force, I held it in the pot of my belly, and maintaining the recollection of pleasure uncontaminated by lust, divesting myself of mind-created samadhi yet not slipping into an instant of torpor, I experienced the ascent of Awareness....

Why else would some sufi, tantric, yogic, daoist, brahmacharin and other traditions pay such fundamental importance to it (..other than plain renunciation)?? Even threatening the aspirant with continous rebirth in the hells if the semen is not preserved and gathered ??

Calling it 'white enlightenment-mind' (white bodhicitta) amongst other names....??

We said tryptamines (not just DMT) because we think 5-MeO and others could be candidates too. What do you think?

*not literally fermenting

Anamnesia
#5 Posted : 4/25/2016 9:00:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Semen conservation will result increasingly in sensitization through fortification of the nervous system.
Included in the nervous system is your brain.
Included in your brain is the pineal gland, where there is the highest concentration of the very substances, particularly lecithin (phosphorus) et al, which are, as a mix, nearly identical to the composition of semen. It follows that through the conservation and resorption of semen back into the body, which has scientifically been proven to be the case (see books written by Raymond Bernard on the subject) when semen is conserved and the sexual sense is not stimulated, that the pineal gland should be provided the optimum environment for regeneration and activation. Through the combination of a plant based diet and a practice of semen conservation, you grow your potential as a point of magnetism to attract to it whatever it desires. Your nervous system is electrical. As an electrical being you produce a certain power, emitting a certain frequency. If through this vegetarian-selfrestraint style of life the pineal gland, just one part of the nervous system becoming more sensitive through combined diet and sex energy management practices, is activated as is hypothesized, then this increase of pineal activity will cause more melatonin to be produced in the system, affecting perhaps the quantity of material available for the production of the tryptamine DMT. DMT may be the key to everything. But further back before you can get to the naturally high levels of DMT in the system, energy transformation is required. It may be true that melatonin has something to do with it. It is certainly true diet has to do with everything. It is certainly true that our ability to transform our energies and focus them has much more to do with it than we realize.
Genesis is Now, the Mind is Incarnate.

Intezam
#6 Posted : 4/25/2016 9:49:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. Did you mean semen resorption by the stereocilia or at some other place in the boday?

We ask, because tantrics/witness-gazers actually play a lot with sexual stimulation. Some let the semen rise to the tip and then draw it back up using vajroli/shattari or a related tek. It doesn't sound like it's being drawn back into the epididymis (which would be down, not up -- unless it's up - and then down again), yet the only two places where stereocilia occur are there and the inner ear.

So are you saying it boils down to melatonin as the raw material, with some kind of reduction or 'other' conversion to tryptamine happening elsewhere in the boday?

Voidstepper
#7 Posted : 4/25/2016 4:00:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is purely anecdotal but both my wife and I were experimenting with rue and acacia (aya-analogue) over the summer. We started trying right after our last journey together and that was it. Our daughter was born three weeks ago and she is healthy and doing great.

Fun-fact she is easily soothed by singing Icaros that I learned that summer.

Intezam
#8 Posted : 4/26/2016 9:07:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member