We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Selective memory loss Options

strtman
#1 Posted : 4/11/2016 3:36:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With a four hour interval I made two trips, bot sub break through.

From the first trip I only remember the intro. Slowly I was sucked into hyperspace by an orange coloured graceful moving kind of bird like dragon. And then my memory is lost. Due to that fact I made the second trip. Same thing happened. The intro was the same and what happened after that is gone.

Even now, a few days later, things do not come to mind.

There is always some loss of memory and confusion with my trip experiences, but never so completely as with those two.

Do you have some tips about how to get the memory back?

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

entheogenic-gnosis
#2 Posted : 4/11/2016 4:29:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Being monkeys, when we encounter a translinguistic object, a kind of cognitive dissonance is set up in our hindbrain. We try to pour language over it and it sheds it like water off a duck's back. We try again and fail again, and this cognitive dissonance, this "wow" or "flutter" that is building off this object causes wonder, astonishment, and awe at the brink of terror.-terence mckenna

Memory is stored in language, so when you encounter an event which there is no language for, it's difficult to store and recall...

Though I thought "selective memory loss" was where you choose to block a memory for one reason or another...

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#3 Posted : 4/11/2016 4:38:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

strtman wrote:

Do you have some tips about how to get the memory back?

It may not be lost...

Try to Recall the event, over and over, bring your mind as close as you can to the event, and find language to put to it, your going to have to work with metaphors and models and abstractions, there is no language for these DMT events, but if you find language that is "close enough" you can slowly map out and recover the memory.

It's not lost, the memory is there, but it's almost like drawing a blank until you can describe it in language using metaphor, model, and abstraction...you must make the necessary language...

I would get similar feelings, though I would never call it memory loss or amnesia, though since I was unable to say anything about it, since it was a memory disconnected from language, it does have a "memory loss" flavor to it, and took an entirely "new method of thought process" to be able to store, recall, and describe it..

-eg

brilliantlydim
#4 Posted : 4/11/2016 7:26:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always have bits that I can remember yet have no words for and parts that I can't remember at all.

I agree with eg, the best way to try and remember some of it is by playing it over and over again in your head. Try to walk through it chronologically, and while you do try not to just remember what you saw, but also how you felt at that time.

Also sometimes, not often, a memory from a trip will pop into my head when I am not trying to recall it. Possibly because something I was doing or experiencing at the time triggered the recall.

strtman
#5 Posted : 4/12/2016 6:34:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis, ehud, thank you for the tips.

I do agree that sometimes days later a memory will pop up in your head. Let's find out how that goes next weeks.

anne halonium
#6 Posted : 4/12/2016 7:16:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dont get it back.

memory loss is a good thing in the psyche world.

when questioned over the yrs by LEO,
i actually do not remember my un lady like antics while tripping.

^ most helpful, as i actually look innocent also.
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

travsha
#7 Posted : 4/12/2016 7:35:49 PM

Share Love ~

Easiest way is to not lose the memory in the first place.

Find ways to get insight without having to get so disoriented you remember nothing.... I guess this is the difference between mystical experience or just fun and games.... Nothing is wrong with the fun and games if that is your goal, but if you want to find insight or healing it usually helps to remember things.

TGO
#8 Posted : 4/13/2016 5:55:04 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

I'm not sure that is a completely fair statement...the DMT experience is so wild and alien that it is hard to communicate what is happening and therefore it dissipates quickly from our memory, seemingly. It may still be there but accessing it isn't as easy as simply saying, "just don't forget it next time..."

It takes practice and patience to be able to explore these realms and to recall them properly. I still feel as though I only retain about 15% of my experiences, yet that is more than enough to fill an essay or two.

Whether or not OP is using DMT for fun or for mystical/enlightening experiences, I don't think we should dismiss his thoughts and concerns on how to better remember these profound journeys. Not trying to ruffle any feathers but I feel OP has a genuine question that relates to many, including me at times.

strtman: I don't have any solid advice on getting those memories back. However, when I am there, in hyperspace, I try to focus on at least three thoughts/feelings/epiphanies and bring that back with me. I can usually piece together the experience from those things over a period of integration.
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

brilliantlydim
#9 Posted : 4/13/2016 4:21:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TGO, I may be completely wrong here but I think what travsha is talking about is maybe lowering the dose and or using something like harmalas. Or maybe working with something like pharma or aya.

strtman
#10 Posted : 4/13/2016 6:13:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anne halonium, I do get your point but still prefer getting the memory back Smile .

travsha, thanks for your advice. Perhaps it helps and if so I will let you know.

The Grateful One, thank you for taking me serious. Your advice is much appreciated.

ehud, perhaps you are right. But for now I use solely DMT.