We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Microwave Assisted Drytek (MAD Tek) Options

eastlancsguy
#21 Posted : 1/24/2016 10:37:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

AcaciaConfusedYah wrote:
eastlancsguy wrote:
Sorry to revive this thread, but I was looking for some clarification...

1) When you nuke the base soup, how dry should it get?

2) When you add the naphtha, how do you pour it off without using a baster / pipette?

Thanks
ELG

Don't nuke the base soup. Only cook when using acid.... the FreeBased DMT will vaporize in the microwave, but DMT Salts will not.

I use a NPS safe spoon to assist in pouring off the Naphtha - use the spoon as a barrier, and then pipette any remaining.

Thanks Acacia :-)

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

PH0Man
#22 Posted : 4/5/2016 4:13:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How significantly would the yield percentage be affected if one were to use 100 or 150g og ACRB? For a microwave assisted tek, I can't imagine the yield would be too negatively affected?

AcaciaConfusedYah
#23 Posted : 4/8/2016 11:46:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

So here's the thing, this tek is not a "maximum" yielding tek like cybs. I found the average yield to be around 1%-1.5%. But keep in mind, this is likely due to the dry tek style, and no heat during pulls.

You can use the microwave technique on a wet tek. It works.

Another thing, Ca (OH)2 has a lower pka than NaOH, so the lime might not as effectively free base all the dmt as efficiently as lye.

Just some things to keep in mind

It's not a bad tek, and it's not the "best" tek. It meets my needs, so I use it. Smile
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

PH0Man
#24 Posted : 4/11/2016 1:14:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AcaciaConfusedYah wrote:
I finally have some pics of what the crystals look like when I followed this method of extraction.

I'm in awe of these crystals.. I followed the tek closely (though I used white vinegar and NaOH instead), but when I went to go check my naphtha in the freezer this morning there were no crytals at all Sad The naphtha had simply separated into two layers; a milky lazer, under a more yellow, urine colored lazer. I poured of the top layer and left the bottom to evaporated. I've yet to see the final product, but it won't be beautiful white crystals; more likely yellowish powder or goo. What went wrong?

PREV12