We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psilocybin & Headache Options

Make Shift
#1 Posted : 4/2/2016 10:04:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everybody.

So a while ago i happened to do 2 grams of dried mexican cubensis ( organically grown), dried to cracker consistency enough to be powdered thoroughly.
I was feeling energetic, healthy.
Had eaten a very light and healthy lunch ( 2:30 pm)
I put the whole mushrooms in to a cup of water and took it all down in a gulp or 2. ( 10.00 pm).

The effects started kicking in about 45 minutes and at the 2 hour mark i was really high.
My wife was lying down beside me , i had been married for less than 2 years then, but never have we spoken that way like that night, just lying down and talking, was very pleasant. At 12:30 am my wife prepared me a very simple sandwich ( eggs, cheese, cucumber and lettuce ). It was by far the most delicious food i had/have ever eaten. I knew that it was just a plain sandwich and there was no magic ingredients in it, but somehow the gratitude i felt taking in every bite was a mindful. Mmmmm....very delciious. I spend the rest of the night watching TV, watching some documentaries on nature having incredible CEVs while listening to music and the panoramic shots from the documentary of the north pole was pure eye candy. At around half past 3 i must have fallen asleep.

Now coming to the main motive behind this write up. i woke up at 12:30 noon with a terrible pounding headache. No words can explain the pain i went through. It was like my heart was beating inside my head, continuous contraction and relaxation. Due to my condition i had some rice porridge and very light food. I threw up everything i ate, the head ache was so severe i had to induce vomiting by sticking my finger inside, doing that i felt like my head would explode. I didn't take any sort of medicines or pain killer...the head ache eventually subsided the following day. But there was about 15 hours of terrible headache.

I'm positive i was not dehydrated, nor was i sleeping in a position that must have caused this pain > i did read some people say the pain is due to the brain working hard(tripping) for 3-5 hours. I totally disagree with that since i have tripped too many times on lsd where the trip lasts a minimum 8 hours and not once have i had any sort of issues.

i had the same experience another time with psilocybin, very severe headache for 24 hours.

My brother tried 3 grams the next day and he was perfectly find.
After a month my brother tried 4 grams ( powdered to dust, and allowed to stay in lemon juice hot boiling water for 45 minutes), he drank only the water without the mushroom powder. It hit him in less than 20 minutes and he said he couldn't compare the effects from eating 3 grams and drinking lemon juice infused 4 grams powder.

so here are my 2 questions,

1. what could be the reason for my headache ?
2. Will lemon juice TEK reduce my headache and also will lemon juice TEK increase the potency of psilocybin ?

Thank you for reading and taking the time to reply.
peace.
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Muskogee Herbman
#2 Posted : 4/2/2016 3:08:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psilocybin dose-dependently causes delayed, transient headaches in healthy volunteers
Quote:
Prolonged efficacy in terminating cluster periods and extending remission periods is difficult to explain as a consequence of receptor stimulation or antagonism, which should persist only for the duration of acute pharmacologic effect, or from receptor up- or down-regulation, which generally resolves over two weeks to two months. A number of other possibilities have been suggested, including disruption of the circadian rhythm through 5-HT1A, 5-HT2C, or 5-HT7 modulation, or through 5-HT2A-mediated gene induction (Sewell et al., 2006). It would not be surprising if psilocybin both induced and treated headache by a related mechanism; however, this mechanism is as yet unclear.
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

Make Shift
#3 Posted : 4/4/2016 5:38:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks man, i have googled a lot about it and most people say dehydration and due to tripping hard both which are not true in my case.
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.

arcologist
#4 Posted : 4/4/2016 6:24:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had pretty much the same exact symptoms with both mushrooms and ayahuasca preparations on several occasions. I wake up at 9am the next day with a terrible pounding headache that lasts the entire day. It's put me off from doing either one.

I think it's dependent on the duration of the experience because I always feel great after vaporized DMT.

Make Shift
#5 Posted : 4/5/2016 7:00:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

arcologist wrote:
I've had pretty much the same exact symptoms with both mushrooms and ayahuasca preparations on several occasions. I wake up at 9am the next day with a terrible pounding headache that lasts the entire day. It's put me off from doing either one.

I think it's dependent on the duration of the experience because I always feel great after vaporized DMT.

Aha, tell me about it man.

I have been advised to try harmala extract from caapi instead of rue, a friend told me that lasttime he ever used rue extract he was very sick for the next 3 days and totally gave up rue, but have had no problems with caapi.
But as for psilocybin, i have no idea how else to go about it other than to stick to LSD.

I concur that i have had absolutely no problems with vaporizing spice.

I have consumed Ayahuasca ( yellow and red caapi ) and had absolutely no problems.