We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Improvised Labware Vapor Bubbler (continued) Options

Nime
#1 Posted : 7/25/2009 2:51:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This is a continuation thread of the Improvised Labware Vapor Bubbler mentioned here

Hey guys, i really liked the idea about the "Improvised Labware Vapor Bubbler" and thought i can contribute. (i just realized the problem now as i was typing this) But i was going to say: Why not use this piece instead of a test tube? And i realized there are a few problems, cleaning the piece and inserting the spice. I just realized that inserting the spice is not a problem, however fast cleaning might be. (im going to go to my lab guy tomorrow to consult, see if i can make it removable)

Now i realized the problem about cleaning and inserting the spice can be solved if i cut the tube in half (more than half) and have a small/thick/right size rubber sleeve to connect/disconnect it. Do you guys understand what i mean? (but i imagine the test tube might be better) And i found this beautiful contraption. I haven't bought it yet, but i really want to, what do you guys think? i can use this as the second part of the contraption.

Its true its kind of big, but the bigger the better i guess! its about 1.5 feet high (two pieces) I wasnt able to find small rubber stoppers with two holes in them... =( howver i was able to get this

Im not sure if you guys have heard or not, but im thinking about setting up a laboratory glassware website. I thought putting up "sets" or "kits" would be a good way to start. Once I perfect the design i think this would be a good kit. (All the items cost less than 10 dollars for me, they are all used soviet glass lab glassware) If you would like to see pictures of my supplier please visit this thread on the nexus forums All of these ideas are compiled from this drawing. Sketched by "amor_fati" a member on the forums.

So one question i have is does the second flask (the one where the hose comes out and you inhale), does the rubber stopper on that flask have two holes or one. it would make sense if it were to have two so you can use that as a carb in order to get all of the smoke out at once if desires. However, you would need to have it closed in order for it to work.

I also just came across amor_fati post and image in the previous thread about two hole stoppers being hard to come by for test tubes... that is very true! i had trouble finding them as well, i must ask my lab guy for that other interesting tube, let me attach a picture!

Any suggestions or ideas?

Improvised Labware Vapor Bubbler (continued)

I would like to make it be known that I do not actually put what I write on this website or any place into practice in the real world. I like to live a life of fantasy on the internet where I ask questions and give answers.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Nime
#2 Posted : 7/26/2009 11:38:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ive got it! The ultimate piece! Check this out, i think you all will love it!

So this will replace the test tube. It is glass on glass (all glass)! By the way, I also bought the test tubes as well just to do some experimenting to see which is better. I have no doubt that the other one (all glass) is much more better, and of better quality. Check it out!

So we substitute the above for the one below

Im one step closer to creating a kit!

I would like to make it be known that I do not actually put what I write on this website or any place into practice in the real world. I like to live a life of fantasy on the internet where I ask questions and give answers.

mattimus
#3 Posted : 7/27/2009 6:37:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

haha you are out of your mind... just buy a real pipe.. good stuff though
The above is quoted from www.google.com

Take responsibility for making your own life beautiful.

deamsterphile
#4 Posted : 8/6/2009 8:52:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

great SWIM needs one of those!!!!!

When are your starting your website?

Nime
#5 Posted : 8/7/2009 8:07:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello and thanks!

My website is going to be on hold for a while until the materials/glassware arrives from Armenia to America. It is being shipped by land and ocean, so it will take at least 3 to 4 months =/

However in the mean time I am taking small personal orders from members of the nexus (i already have from a few already). I am going to bring the items back with me personally by airplane to the USA/California and ship them from there to eliminate any problems that might have occurred if i shipped them directly from here.

Im leaving the country on August 23rd and have very limited room to bring extra glassware with me, however the pieces that you saw above are quite small and not too fragile. If you wish to talk more in detail please PM me and we will work something out.

Im glad to see people are putting in interest to this =)

Nime
#6 Posted : 8/7/2009 4:59:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I had received some inquires about the lab bubbler. So before going any further, i decided to give the bubbler a test.

And honestly to my amazement it works like a charm! While i was setting it up i accidentally broke a small tube, yet it worked to my advantage! Look how its set up now! Its 100% stand alone and the tube is height adjustable! Take a look! Once my site is up, this is defiantly going to be a featured "kit" item on it. If anyone has any questions feel free to send me a PM.

Here are the new pictures! I love it!

Its pretty obvious how it works (the white thing was just used to jam one of the holes in the 2 hole stopper. And the glass tube connected with the orange tube to the flask is the tube you use to inhale. Its very neat, you actually inhale through the glass tube rather than the rubber tube, think about it!

amor_fati
#7 Posted : 8/7/2009 11:47:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

^^Beautiful! It may be beneficial to lower the bubbler tube a bit so that less water could be used though, as it really doesn't take that much to cool off the vapor.

...so jealous.

How safe is it to advertise your business in this way, though?

jamie
#8 Posted : 8/8/2009 12:44:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

cool pieces man! keep on inventing!
Long live the unwoke.

Nime
#9 Posted : 8/8/2009 3:23:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

amor_fati wrote:
^^Beautiful! It may be beneficial to lower the bubbler tube a bit so that less water could be used though, as it really doesn't take that much to cool off the vapor.

...so jealous.

How safe is it to advertise your business in this way, though?

Thats a good question. One to be pondered. When the site does come up (a few months from now). I would have to think about that even more. However you can use the same device to smoke hash, which i plan to experiment with in the near future. It can be sold as hash pipe or whatnot.

And it does matter how i go along with accepting payments, but the buyers would probably be able to get my contact information. However if everything is legal as it is, not legal complications should occur. I would just be causing possible negative information to myself.