We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
alchool to pull freebase out of vegetable oil experiment Options

xa
#1 Posted : 3/22/2016 3:25:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

EDIT: attention !!! this has not worked for me and probaly is a mistake, read below

So these are the result of my noob experiments, i'm not an expert and this was only play around with a failed tek, try to do something a not trow away everything.

(see my post before and photos "using alchool for get dmt out of vegetable oil pulls, is possible ?"
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...m=720619&#post720619 )

To sum up:

I use 50gr ACRB

My q21q21 dry tek with vegetable oil (peanut seeds oil) was going bad, the oil pulls where difficult because i didn't get the right consictency, anyway i done 5 pull then washed with carbonate water.

From here i use ethanol alchool to pull the oil, to see if i can get freebase alcaloid from the vegetable oil (photo 1 left) (this smell like the third photo and like my previous eco tek results, it's a sweet smell like flowers)

Next from the same vegetable oil i salt out with citric acid to see if i get something (or the alchool just made the job ?) (photo 1 right) there's some water not full evaporated. (the smell is like, i don't know, maybe rubber or some plastic thing, it's nasty, don't have a good smell)

[Then from the near exausted bark/base/soup i use acetone and this are the result (photo 2) this was done just to exaust more the bark since this extraction was quite messy and use this result to compare the other two]

So, the alchool pull from the vegetable oil+alcaloid made something:

Extract freebase dmt goo or clean a lot the extraction ?

In the first case can be good because one should use a standard tek and use vegetable oil to pull and alchool to pull....evaporate and stop, more easy then go into salting and rebasify and extract again.

In the second case one should made a tek with vegetable oil and clean it with alchool and then go to salting, rebasify....etc etc result a more clean end product.

My problem here are:

-i'm afraid to use dmt, so my test in smoke it can't be good for the moment, and is the best test to do...

-where is my spice ? in the alchool pulls ? or in the standard salt, rebasify..etc etc ? ...by eye the alchool test give me more product and the standard one not so much, but maybe i wrong something.

-i'm not expert so is possible that i didn't exaust all the bark, i didn't exaust the vegetable oil and dmt is in alcool, in the salting process and in the base/bark/soup recovery with acetone, so i'm not able to say nothing.

Maybe someone else with more experience can try this or maybe i can try again doing a more clean extraction or i won the fear to smoke it and try all the three results.

What i have to do if i try again is, divide the vegetable oil pulls in two part and in one go with alchool and in the other with standard tek...for more clear results.

(Anyway one should use alchool not acetone, in my experiment alchool don't mix with vegetable oil, acetone seem to dissolve vegetable oil)

Bye.
xa attached the following image(s):
IMG_8547.JPG (1,648kb) downloaded 203 time(s).
IMG_8546.JPG (1,548kb) downloaded 201 time(s).
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

xa
#2 Posted : 3/22/2016 3:38:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another thing, i check the PH with a paper of my alchool and is 6.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

xa
#3 Posted : 3/24/2016 12:23:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

....i made a test burning a little on a knife blade...the alchol pull extract smell like my previuos extractions the same for the acetone recovery...nothing for the salting test...so i think that you can pull dmt freebase goo from a vegetable oil with ethanol alchool without go into a salting out etc etc route.

Now i started another extraction with 50 gr of MHRB and i'll do this:

acid boils, filter reduce, discard bark

basify, pull with sunflower oil

carbonate wash the oil pulls

pull with ethanol alchool (95%) filter evaporate. with an option to made a mini a/b with the same route...

I think this can work, totally eco tek !!!

Maybe i will test it with a recrystallisation (with a not eco tek) to see if i get xtals.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 3/24/2016 11:26:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im sorry but my chemistry knowledge isn't enough to know when you mixed the veggie oil with alcohol, what happens there, for which the DMT has more affinity, or what.. To be honest I would have imagined the alcohol would mix with the oil, since it does with non-polars like limonene or naphtha or etc...

I think to know where is your DMT (which might be in more than one place), the best thing would be to get a TLC kit, or at least a reagent like ehrlich. Worse case scenario you can always redissolve stuff in acidic water and pull again with veggie oil and follow a more traditional approach like for example salting the veggie oil with acidic water, evapping that and then freebasing by mixing with sodium carb and bit of water, letting it dry agian and pulling with the alcohol and evapping the alcohol to retrieve your alks.

If I speak with any of our chem experts here I will ask about the alcohol thing but hopefully the above info/suggestions can help a bit.

xa
#5 Posted : 3/25/2016 3:06:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thaks,
Yes, dmt can be also still in the oil or the alchool take part of it, need more chemist knowlegde, maybe someone could help.

Anyway the alchool take out something, maybe can be used to defat or clean.

I start another extraction, more standard with acid boils, etc etc, i will use sunflower oil and try to make little mistake, so then i divide the firts oil pull in half and one go again with alchool experiment an the other half in standard salting etc etc.

xa
#6 Posted : 3/31/2016 10:59:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I started another extraction...that not go very good, but:

50gr mhrb i follow a standard wet tek with vegetable oil for the pulls...then tha same another time (mini a/b)...some of the final vegetable oil pulls was salted out and wait for evaporation etc etc...and others go to a alchool pull like the experiments above...i got this (photo) look promising ?

In my noob mind now i try to freeze this alchol pulls...but then if nothing happened i evaporate an see result...
xa attached the following image(s):
IMG_8570.JPG (1,315kb) downloaded 146 time(s).

Mindlusion
#7 Posted : 4/1/2016 3:23:29 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Do an experiment, put some ethanol and oil in a bottle and measure the volume of ethanol sitting on top of the oil. Then give it a good shake and let it separate, then measure how much ethanol is still floating on top.

Some of the ethanol will partition into the oil, not all of it will stay on top. Similarly, methanol is insoluble in ethyl acetate, where ethanol is quite soluble, as the chain of the alcohol gets longer it will be more miscible with non-polars.

I would have thought the ethanol would have been mostly soluble in the oil too, it is pretty good solvent for cleaning up oil (but acetone is better, clearly), I guess the question is how much.

The problem is that its not only the ethanol dissolving into the oil, but the oil is dissolving into the ethanol too, though, not to the same degree, it is in equilibrium. So evaporating won't give you a clean product

The other issue being, the alcohol is not going to extract the freebase DMT out of the oil the same way a non-polar would extract it out of highly basic water. The charged aqueous water will literally push the freebase out and into the solvent. In the case of the oil, highly soluble in both, it could be a 50:50 distribution or close to it. My guess though, the DMT will prefer the non-polar, and have higher concentration in the oil
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

xa
#8 Posted : 4/3/2016 11:15:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Mindlusion,
Yes the experiment go not well and what you say is what i think happened, the acool separate well but was inside some drops of oil, when i put in freezer they freeze and stay solid and i can clean them but there was somenthing when i evaporate the alcool that is also some oil taste/smell, and is possibile that many of the goods remain in the oil...ok, lesson learned :-/ :-)

....now i edit the first post to be more clear