We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Xocolatyl - Raw Cacao, Cannabutter, Acacia Confusa, Harmala Options

LibertyforAll
#1 Posted : 3/4/2016 6:27:51 PM

Claro in Vitam

I have recently made a batch of chocolates, starting with raw cacao nibs. I simmered this in acai-berry V8 juice, and then added butter and mashed the nibs, followed by the addition of milk and cannabis, though cannabutter would be better to use than directly cooking in the cannabis.
I also melted a bit of simpson oil into the milk-butter.
After this boiled and then began to thicken, melt and mush,
I added acacia and harmala extract to thicken it, as well as add the extra kick Smile
After the bark and harmala freebase extract was added, I gave the mix water and allowed it to boil off.
I also stirred in truffle honey.
After another mashing, the chocolate had become melted, and was poured/scooped onto wax paper and allowed to sit.
After cooling, I put it into a glass dish and set in the freezer til sufficiently cooled.
the chocolates were then scooped individually onto wax paper and wrapped in plastic, then stored in a bag together in the freezer.

They're potent lil things Very happy I did this on a bit of a whim, I'll take photographs and use accurate measurements(ingredients+cooking times) on the next batch I prepare.
I believe in freedom for everyone.
'movies are for people who lack real drugs.' -anne halonium

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

entheogenic-gnosis
#2 Posted : 3/4/2016 7:16:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've thought about making "bhang" with betacarbolines and DMT, as the milk provides a lipid for the THC to be soluble in, but had reservations, due to precautions regarding tyramine, the MAOI diet advises against eating tyramine rich foods such as milks and cheeses. I've heard many anecdotes regarding people consuming tyramine rich foods before an ayahuasca session, and having no negative incidents occur, so many will tell you it's not something to be concerned about, but for whatever reason I always consider it.

So,

I've been working with adding cannabis extract to my acacia confusa rootbark / peganum harmala seed brews. THC isn't water soluble, or if it is, it's very poorly soluble in water, but I've found that cold water extract (bubble hash) will mix in very finely, you can't tell it's there until you let the brew sit over night and you see it in the sediment, so while it never dissolves in the water it can mix in rather nicely.
I've also experimented with THC infused tea bags from the dispensary, which were added during the final reduction phase, and while it worked, I've found simply adding a good amount of bubble hash (5-7g) during this same reduction phase is far more effective. (The heat from the liquid reducing on the stove should act to decarboxylate the THCA to delta-9, simply put, it serves to "activate" the hasheesh)
I've been experimenting with propane extract (wax) and butane extract (shatter) with less success as its difficult to get these to go into solution...

I call these THC infused ayahuasca analogues kaya-huasca, after the Jamaican term for marijuana "kaya" and huasca for the ayahuasca portion.

I've also been working on incorporating trichocereus cacti into these kayahuasca brews, but that's another story.

So I take it there were no issues with blood pressure or anything to indicate a negative reaction between the MAOI and tyramine milk (or butter)?

-eg

LibertyforAll
#3 Posted : 3/4/2016 8:04:42 PM

Claro in Vitam

For consideration to that concern I have omitted vanilla bean due to its high tyramine content, but as far as the cacao's content, it may effect certain individuals or perhaps be harmful over time but I've experienced no harmful effects as of yet. I'd like to use mushrooms.

entheogenic-gnosis
#4 Posted : 3/5/2016 2:54:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

LibertyforAll wrote:
For consideration to that concern I have omitted vanilla bean due to its high tyramine content, but as far as the cacao's content, it may effect certain individuals or perhaps be harmful over time but I've experienced no harmful effects as of yet. I'd like to use mushrooms.

That's about what I expected, most will caution of tyramine rich foods on an MAOI, but very few will tell you of anything negative actually happening when this rule is ignored.

I think the MAOI diet is more regarding pharmaceutical MAOI compounds, which can inhibit every bit of your mono amine oxidase for extended periods of time, allowing dangerous levels if tyramine to accumulate...

Harmine, harmaline, tetrahydroharmine, these are "reversible MAOIs", meaning they "stop working" after 4-6 hours...

The issue of tyramine involves blood pressure, so I'm still very cautious, though it seems it's not a major concern.

Keep posted any additional information, with my kaya-huasca experiments I'm very curious regarding others infusions involving identical compounds.

(...as for mushrooms and an MAOI, or psilocybin and ayahuasca, BE CAREFUL! In terence mckenna's book "true hallucinations" they experiment with this combination, and Denis is "gone" for two weeks...
I've attempted a 1/2 cup of yagé + 2.5g stropharia cubensis, and was in psychedelic shock for 48 hours...
The combination is powerful! More so than most are comfortable with.)

-eg

LibertyforAll
#5 Posted : 3/5/2016 5:06:43 PM

Claro in Vitam

I have eaten 1g of a species unknown but other than cubensis after drinking a brew of rue+acacia and they were made very powerful. Made for a lovely day on the beach.

entheogenic-gnosis
#6 Posted : 3/7/2016 2:41:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I have heard others tell me that they can create a tolerable experiance with this mix, though I always caution others, as a good deal of people will go into psychedelic shock...(I'm not saying I was high for 48 hours, but I was in psychological crisis for about that long...)

-eg

LibertyforAll
#7 Posted : 3/8/2016 4:41:31 AM

Claro in Vitam

The Acacia lends itself to being cooked into foods very well. I have found it is active in this manner, yet becomes bitter after being exposed to heat. I'm not sure if heating is required for the tryptamines to become active, or in a form usable by the body after MAO inhibition.

entheogenic-gnosis
#8 Posted : 3/8/2016 10:51:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

LibertyforAll wrote:
The Acacia lends itself to being cooked into foods very well. I have found it is active in this manner, yet becomes bitter after being exposed to heat. I'm not sure if heating is required for the tryptamines to become active, or in a form usable by the body after MAO inhibition.

No, the tryptamine compounds are "good to go" as they are, they require no decarboxylation or heat to become active, there are even "cold-cooked" ayahuasca infusions, though heat may help everything go into infusion, it's not necessary...

When brewing if the heat applied is too high, sugars from the plant matter will caramelize, creating a thick brew with a foul taste...This could be the "bitter" result from heat you mention.

At some point heat may destroy your dimethyltryptamine, though my reasons for low heat brews involve "burning" the brew...caramalizing sugars, which does not decrease activity necessarily, but makes for a gross brew.

Your dealing with two types of compounds, tryptamines, which account for
the dimethyltryptamine and mono-methyltryptamine from the ACRB and beta-carbolines, which are cyclized tryptamine mono-amine oxidase inhibitors, found in caapi vine or harmala seeds, harmine, harmaline, and tetrahydroharmine are the most prevalent,

...though the ACRB does also contain trace beta-carbolines.

Your body produces an enzyme called "monoamine oxidase" this enzyme destroys potentially harmful compounds entering the body, specifically, monoamines, as its name implies. As dimethyltryptamine is a mono amine the enzyme will destroy the compound.

... which is where the harmine, harmaline, and tetrahydroharmine, your beta-carboline MAO inhibitors come into play, while these compounds can be psychoactive on their own, their purpose in ayahuasca is simply to inhibit an enzyme that would destroy the active compound, DMT, which you are trying to ingest...

Ancient plant pharmocological process...funny, I don't think western science understand mono amine oxidase and it's inhibition until some point in the 1950s.

-eg

LibertyforAll
#9 Posted : 3/8/2016 9:33:44 PM

Claro in Vitam

I've believed the bitterness to be from tannins in the bark

entheogenic-gnosis
#10 Posted : 3/10/2016 1:54:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, that's possible, though the tannins would be bitter regardless of heat.

If your concerned about tannins you can drop an egg white into your brew, as it heats and hardens it should remove tannins.

-eg

LibertyforAll
#11 Posted : 3/13/2016 2:52:56 AM

Claro in Vitam

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
Yeah, that's possible, though the tannins would be bitter regardless of heat.

If your concerned about tannins you can drop an egg white into your brew, as it heats and hardens it should remove tannins.

-eg

I've read this but never actually tried it. I ought try it on the next brew... I've often let brews sit, and the sediment settles over days, and eventually acacia/rue brews may turn a golden orange color, with clarity to the liquid, this is a drink of the highest quality, with a much 'cleaner' feel and mellower taste, as the bitterness seems to dissipate with the cloudiness

entheogenic-gnosis
#12 Posted : 3/13/2016 11:23:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Attached is a photo of an older ACRB/PHS brew, notice the formed sediments at the bottom.

I choose to leave this sediments in, removal seems to weaken the brew.

This brew did not have the tannins removed...

Generally I won't remove them...

But, yeah, I can see the brew with the tannins as being much darker in color...

Though this brew is very potent...

-eg
entheogenic-gnosis attached the following image(s):
KINDLE_CAMERA_1456723219000.jpg (260kb) downloaded 81 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#13 Posted : 3/18/2016 11:27:21 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I was just a teeny bit surprised to see that cactus was omitted from the original recipe Wink

Very happy

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

LibertyforAll
#14 Posted : 3/19/2016 3:31:12 AM

Claro in Vitam

downwardsfromzero wrote:
I was just a teeny bit surprised to see that cactus was omitted from the original recipe Wink

Very happy

in what form would you recommend it? Powdered? Mushroom and san pedro powders and dmt acetate instead of acacia maybe lol