We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Salvia trips Options

DMTripper
#1 Posted : 12/13/2007 1:28:01 AM

John Murdoch IV

I haven't tried salvia and have been thinking about the difference between salvia and dmt. After seeing these videos I don't think they have much in common exept being powerful psychedelics. At least not from what I've experienced with DMT. But I kinda want to try Salvia now but I'm not sure I would like it though. I think I would have loved it 10 years ago when I was young and irresponsible but I don't know. Maybe I grew old or sumthin Razz haha Well I have more responsibility in live now so it's harder to let go Sad Well if you are interested in Salvia then check this link out: (If you put the mouse over the video you get more.) http://www.youtube.com/s...p;rel=1&border=0 Those of you that have had powerful salvia trips, do they change in time. I feel it's like that with these substances they are like a game first and just fun but then they start to become more serious.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ChemicalEudaemonia
#2 Posted : 12/13/2007 3:12:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Salvia can only compare with the intensity of DMT, but its effects are very monotone and rarely offer anything to improve from. IMHO its also somewhat bleak and just not all that fun.

DreaMTripper
#3 Posted : 12/13/2007 8:38:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvias open eye visuals are completely wholesale and otherworldly resembling where you actually are very little. With Dmt the rooms still there,for me anyway. Salvia CEV i dont get any atall its strange. Only once i have on a low dose sober. So yeah there are many differences. Also dmt is quite a centralised trip whereas salvia can pull you all over the place and is very dissociative. I find salvia rewarding and pleasant as long as im in the right frame of mind and beer goes well with it just not too much

MR.shroom
#4 Posted : 12/13/2007 9:53:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

video is gone Sad Sad

Garulfo
#5 Posted : 12/13/2007 12:23:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia is definitivly not fun like DMT could be (except for listening music). But it can be very meaningfull if your intent is to meditate on some aspects of yourself. My friend found that Salvia is a very powerfull tool to explore psychological issues (child memories, dreams, creative ideas, relationships...), while DMT is THE tool for spiritual issues. But ones can have spiritual insights under Salvia also of course.

DMTripper
#6 Posted : 12/13/2007 2:31:25 PM

John Murdoch IV

[quote:5e763eaec0="DreaMTripper"]Salvias open eye visuals are completely wholesale and otherworldly resembling where you actually are very little. With Dmt the rooms still there,for me anyway. [/quote:5e763eaec0] For me on a breakthrough dose it doesn't matter if I have my eyes closed or not. Well I wouldn't know if they are open or closed, can't control it. I don't even realize I have eyes Razz Or a body. And the room totally disappears or dissolves. I don't even remember there was a room until I come back. Then I remember my life here. That's my experience. I think the worst thing with DMT is the increased heart speed these heavy heartbeats I feel. I feel like my heart is going to explode. It's like an adrenalin overdose and I really don't like it. It's not good to be worrying about if your heart will explode out of your chest while coming up on a breakthrough dose. Do you people feel such heartbeat too. Does it decrease with time when you get more familiar with DMT. I don't have much experience and this is the main reason. My heart beats so hard that it affects my breathing and is just very uncomfortable.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.

Garulfo
#7 Posted : 12/13/2007 3:37:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:c722acb9e2]Do you people feel such heartbeat too. Does it decrease with time when you get more familiar with DMT. I don't have much experience and this is the main reason. My heart beats so hard that it affects my breathing and is just very uncomfortable.[/quote:c722acb9e2] My friend said me that he is more concerned by breathing than heartbeats. Last time he had a strong breakthrough (yaaaa... tooooo much Shocked !) he was quite upset by the fact he lost body and breathing feeling so he 'forced' himself to consciously breath (if that makes any sense in that state), having only a sort of feedback from hearing the breath. It's quite unconfortable and I guess just relaxing and letting go would have do the trick. Same for the heartbeat I would say. I guess that the increased rate comes from the intensity of the experience and not from a chemical action of the DMT on the heart. So yes, repeated experiences will help. But any relaxing substance may help also.

El Ka Bong
#8 Posted : 12/13/2007 6:29:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

derailing a bit re heart rate - get your body to a 'basal metabolic rate' and make there be a big gulp of oxygen circulating in your body before going for the hyperspace bus. Like those whales do before they go hunting giant squid... Heart rate is affected by the lowered % oxygen in the lungs and blood, and that is bound to happen as you super-slowly inhale that one big hit, for 30 seconds. By 35 seconds you've effectively held your breath for that long, and have inhaled less O2 than usual, so the brain (sympathetic nervous system) tells the heart to speed up and pump more blood. Try measuring heart rate after just holding your breath for 15, 30 45 ... sec... For me staying calm is possible, but it's hard to override the butterflys in the stomach feeling, keeping heart rate really low. Just breath deep for 5 - 10 minutes and fill your body with oxygen, and the heart will slow down. I always do 'the whale' and try to get my body hyper-relaxed and totally oxygenated before inhaling dmt. After 5 minutes of just lying or sitting, I get to a lowest- possible heart rate feeling my pulse, and then I start the engines ... But imagine this experiment - excercise then take a hit .>!?... you run up a steep hill to increase your heart rate to near 80% of maximum. At the top of the hill you previously setup a spot with a loaded bong and 30 mg dmt - a safe place. So when you get there you almost immediately take the full toke... imagine what it would be like to inhale that 30 mg with a racing heart...? After running hard with your heart racing, I bet the dmt would be transported to your brain via the blood in a denser 'wave', that could potentially change the experience... Maybe overwhelming the MAO enzymes there, quicker, so you'd be getting a "White Light" experience, like sometimes happens on dmt..? But what does excercise do to MAO enzymes..? Would more or less MAOs be hanging around in your body after a jog..? ... ok .. but to get back on topic - I have not tried salvia although I have posessed some X10 for over a year, waiting for my courage to well up. I bought a torch-lighter and dedicated pipe just to be ready, but I'm procrastinating... !~ Why do people say it makes you go "sideways" or 'flat' .?!

DreaMTripper
#9 Posted : 12/13/2007 7:38:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:60a2928594="El Ka Bong"] ... ok .. but to get back on topic - I have not tried salvia although I have posessed some X10 for over a year, waiting for my courage to well up. I bought a torch-lighter and dedicated pipe just to be ready, but I'm procrastinating... !~ Why do people say it makes you go "sideways" or 'flat' .?![/quote:60a2928594] If youve theoretically the courage to smoke dmt then youll have NO poblems with Salvia. Go for it! On a salvia breakthrough trip i reach a meditative plane where i transcend thought and have pure experience. No fear just completely one with the world. ALbeit a very very fuckin strange illogical world! I think people say it makes them go sideways or flat is the extreme disassociative effects, ive been part of the bed and was the floor once, it was realy peaceful being the floor as it happens!

Seven
#10 Posted : 12/14/2007 2:59:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i tried salvia 10x and 15x and it was rather intense. it totally took me by suprise, as i was not prepared for the effects. it really cant be compared to the spice, and i dont think id really consider it a psychedelic. it kind of scared me when i saw a friend take some tokes and remain in this trance like state for a little too long imo. id say go for it and try it, but i dont think youll be going back very often.
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

DreaMTripper
#11 Posted : 12/14/2007 6:51:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:a50a7c2fd3="Seven"]i tried salvia 10x and 15x and it was rather intense. it totally took me by suprise, as i was not prepared for the effects. it really cant be compared to the spice, and i dont think id really consider it a psychedelic. it kind of scared me when i saw a friend take some tokes and remain in this trance like state for a little too long imo. id say go for it and try it, but i dont think youll be going back very often.[/quote:a50a7c2fd3] I dunno, the peak isnt realy psycedelic in the historical sense its far too disorientating but the afterglow certainly is, ive had many in depth conversations with my friends about life, time-space continuum, the true human spirit. Wether the sun has a 'soul' and/or is a god was a good one! Laughing To sum them both up in one word would be dimitri= beauty salvia=weird. Salvia realy does give a new meaning to the word weird! Although very Intriguing also.

MagikVenom
#12 Posted : 12/15/2007 11:19:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For me physical effects are very strong I find them unpleasant. Imagine a giant pushing down on your shoulders with a twisting motion. Its far to strong to resist and you feel your self being pushed down and twisted, meanwhile you get a pins and needles over your whole body kind of like when you cut off circulation and your foot falls asleep except a lot more intense. If you are a high-strung person it seems to make these effects unpleasant. I was a hard head or so I thought until I did a hit of 20x expecting nothing. I came to on my bed laying side ways twisting around in a pool of bong water Ha. Ive done a few hits since then but got plenty of the 2grams I started with a year ago. It’s not my cup of tea but I will give her another chance sometime. I would give it a shot but don’t spend a bunch of money for something you may not like. That’s just me you may have a totally different experience than I did.

DMTripper
#13 Posted : 12/16/2007 2:32:23 AM

John Murdoch IV

Some people seem to really love salvia. I'm kind of curious what I will think of it. Unfortunately salvia is illegal where I am. But it's legal in the UK and I'll be there in some months so I'll get some then. I have to try this shit out Smile
––––––

Spirit Guide
#14 Posted : 12/16/2007 9:31:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i wasnt a big fan of salvia... I saw its potential though. Not that Im saying its bad, but its my least favorite psychedelic. I had one really crazy experience though! I convinced myself that I turned into the wall that I was standing against.I thought i was sucked into it and "became the soul of the wall"! Its was quite frighening until i remembered I had smoked salvia. So as I was regaining consciousness, as I layed on the stairs ,I looked down at my body and it was in the shape of the stairs!
I am a peaceful spirit

Spicy
#15 Posted : 12/21/2007 10:05:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I get those pounding heartbeats and tension all over my body at times, legs feel almost paralyzed, body posture totally changes and gotta conciously control my damn breathing. Bloody anxiety caused from meth =\, not DMT (about to do first extraction =D), maybe cos I smoke weed too. I'm currently taking Lexapros recommnended by my doctor, seems to help my mood.

MalargueZiggy
#16 Posted : 2/25/2008 8:07:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Out of everyone I know that has tried Sally, I don't think any of them go rushing back to it including myself. I've always found it to be quite mean, I've never found any of the acceptance and unconditional love of other subs, none of the unification with the world etc. But then again it's legal so it must be the best and safest right? Pleased
"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

DreaMTripper
#17 Posted : 3/10/2008 10:49:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia does rely heavily on 'set' or state of mind. I found it quite serious but mischevious at times. I did reach a state of total peace and complete and utter dissoluion into the universe that was extremely
tranquil and the 'place' i was in and part of extremely weird and otherworldy.
I havent been back since as that trip totaly quenched me.Smile

sattwa23
#18 Posted : 3/22/2008 7:22:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM did Sally D 2 times and he's not sure to repeat it in nearest future Smile Or, may be, Sally D did SWIM 2 times... Laughing
Both trips were VERY intense. First time Salvia showed SWIM her kind side and let SWIM meet her female core. Second time was very dramatic and hard to go through. Anyway second trip gave a lot on understanding SWIM's current psychological issues. The depth of understanding it's aspects was frightening! This substance is very picturesque in proving the idea that every plant of power is able to grant human with soooo important things, but it demands a lot in return Wink Also it's important to understand that your state of mind will be crucial when doing Salvia. SWIM think it's not for kicks, NO WAY! Very happy Good luck and clarity in your JOURNEYS!
~let the beauty be around you~

Laerrus
#19 Posted : 3/23/2008 3:53:45 AM

Stephen Guptill

Whew, I love Salvia for one.

With her I can find the True point of light in my path.

She tells me what I need to hear when we visit.

She pulls me out of the back of my head, through the gears of reality and reassembles me where she wants me to be.

Then she tells me what I have to hear and sends me back.

*PooF*

Just like that Skittles commercial.

Back in my living room I appear.

Salvia sometimes comes into my world so I can show her the modern city I live in as she is curious about a lot of the new humans around.

How do you think she jumped from Mexican desert to populace so quickly where other entities, RE: plants, choose to stay hidden only to those who seek them througholy.

Salvia is like a Mother from the Universe, when she finds her children she embraces them in warmth, and helps them patch their wounds, dry their tears and sends them on their way. Without her guidence my life would be much more chaotic.

Through understanding her chaos I gain control over my world's order, is what you could say I suppose.

Salvia impacted me enough that I drew several pages of comic books based around it which is part of one of my secret projects.

Sinewave
#20 Posted : 3/23/2008 9:29:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just tried Salvia for the first time.

I went out into the bush to do this, by my fireplace I keep for journeys, in the day while the sun was good.

When I sat down and examined the bag of leaves I took on the role of referring to the salvia as "her" and began to crush the leaves with my hands and put them into a pile on a rock. I really wanted to be close to it and experience it with respect. I had enough to pack 3 bowls. I packed my bowl all the way, totally full. Then I proceeded to smoke it like a champ, like my bong hitting iron lung cloud man days. I was cross legged, and very relaxed and taking large yogic breaths between each big hit of smoke. This and a few other variables must have done it because it came on as soon as the 1st bowl was done. It wasn't like going downhill on a rollercoaster like DMT. I was just "there". Wup wup wup wup wup wup wup. Time was completely staggered. And it had a rythm. And to this rythm I was being touched, my whole body but especially my lower half, it felt like what those navajo hand-shaker healers do, quivering hands across my whole body, to this rythm. Each breath became an eternity. Time was very very slow. My consiousness seemed intact... everything seemed so still I wondered what it would look like if someone walked across my field of vision? Would they be slow? Or fast? The ground below me was gone. I was floating. I felt fractures of reality around my position, pulses or waves that surrounded me as if I was a figure in an old hindu painting, sitting on a lotus experiencing nirvana. I'm not sure it was nirvana ; ) but it was an empty bliss. I laid back and suddenly she was gone. It wasn't abrupt like DMT. It was there, and then it wasn't. I'd like to explore this space more..

12NEXT