We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New Johns Hopkins survey on death & dying Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 3/8/2016 11:32:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi peeps, I appreciate there has already been a survey on psychedelics and death and dying put out by the Johns Hopkins team, but now The States of Consciousness Research Team based there are interested in hearing back from anybody who has experienced an NDE, OBE or any other non-ordinary (non-substance) experience that has altered one's views or understanding of death. This team is doing amazing work and is worthy of support, and any feedback would be much appreciated.

Dear Friends,

The States of Consciousness Research Team at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine needs your help. We are conducting an anonymous online survey of Near Death Experiences (NDE's), Out of Body Experiences (OBE's) or other non-ordinary experiences that fundamentally altered beliefs or understanding about death and dying.

If you have ever had such an experience, we would greatly appreciate it if you would take our survey. If you know of others who have had such an experience please send them the link and encourage them to participate. This includes people who had such an experience long ago.

Although the survey could take 30+ minutes (the time length can vary based on how much you choose to reply to open-ended questions), we believe you may find this survey interesting.

REASONS TO TAKE THE SURVEY:

1. The survey is an opportunity to revisit and contemplate a significant and possibly transformative experience.
2. You may find it meaningful to further explore some of the philosophical implications of your experience.
3. You will be making a unique and important scientific contribution.

Please share: http://www.deathanddyingsurvey.org/home.html

We deeply appreciate your help. Thank you.

Roland Griffiths, Ph.D.
Principal Investigator
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
IRB approved application: IRB00080423

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Bancopuma
#2 Posted : 5/4/2016 4:59:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi peeps, I've been in recent email contact with Prof Roland Griffiths, head of the consciousness research team at Johns Hopkins behind this study (I've met him, great chap), and they're having trouble making up the numbers data wise from this survey...he provided some more information on it that I've updated the OP with...I know any and all survey feedback would be very much appreciated by him and his team.