We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Harmine, diabetes, and opiates - Need your thoughts Options

Rabbit
#1 Posted : 2/26/2016 7:33:35 AM

Hopping through time and space

Heya,

So background story, somebody close to me has developed type 1 diabetes (yes that's correct) due to a steroid injection that basically did a number to his pancreas. He's been having a lot of trouble managing the disease, and I remembered reading that harmine has been found to have a profound impact upon diabetes by driving the reproduction of insulin-producing cells.

The one major catch is that he is also a regular user of opiate (opium-based) painkillers (which he gets legally for chronic pain). As far as I can tell, although some have warned against it, I can't find any hard evidence that harmine or other MAO-A inhibitors are contradicted with classical opiates.

I worry that if they are contradicted, and he takes both at the same time, he could overdose or have some other major health crisis. But on the other hand, if harmine can help him either cure or better manage his disease, then it's something I really want to pursue. I would do anything to see him get better.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Biawak
#2 Posted : 2/26/2016 8:10:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Morphine combined with MAOI is acceptable medical practice, far as I know.
"The cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation." - Terence McKenna