We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
E-liquid success: An express ticket to the Alien Pool-Party Options

ducdevil
#1 Posted : 2/17/2016 1:20:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well, it happened. it was in many ways an “unintentional breakthrough”, yet it was welcomed and glorious. i wanted to put a few things out there for general sharing and perhaps some help to those who are curious.

first of all, the whole vaping with e-liquid thing has been, in my opinion, sort-of over-thought. in fact, it is not rocket science and is probably the most convenient, pleasant and safest way to blast off. there is a list of plus and minus attributes; i think the plus column is far longer than the negative. here are a few points for those who might want to investigate this ROA.

pluses:

no bad taste or flavor. in fact, it’s really up to you how you’d like it to taste. as most of you know, there are now literally tens of thousands of flavors out there. depending on the concentration ratio, it can be almost imperceptible. in the following section i give the specifics of how i went about it, regarding ratio.

very safe. nothing burning. nothing to drop or break or shatter or spill. unless your tank is leaky, it shouldn’t even be a problem if one drops the mod. and quiet too - no clicking of lighter. also, depending on how much juice is in the tank, no reloading.

portable, convenient and stealth. whether at home or out-and-about, having a vape rig is not a strange sight these days. always ready to go if there is juice in the tank, it’s almost too easy.

smooth. no harshness at all. if one already vapes, it’s no different. this can be a good thing or a cautionary exercise.

minuses:

in fact, there is only one real drawback to this method and it’s pretty obvious: dosage. with the variables involved, it is near impossible to accurately determine how much a “puff” contains. while i am an avid vape enthusiast, my days of building coils have waned with the plethora of fantastic sub ohm tanks available now. therefore, i am not really a “dripper” anymore, and have not experimented with dripping spiced juice. i suppose one could determine a dose more closely this way (counting drops per ml, etc…) but i didn’t want to get this detailed. also, the convenience factor of a pre-filled tank on a nice mod is too cool to beat!

i used the following equipment: Kanger 150watt mod, and Arctic sub ohm tank with a .5ohm coil. i used it set very low - only 50 watts (this was MORE than plenty!). i wanted to start small and discover without being too overwhelmed, my intention being multiple hits to find the right spot gradually. HA! didn’t really work out like that!

ratio was a conservative 1:6 (250mg per 1.5ml). juice was “Queenside” by Five Pawns, a lovely blood orange and cream flavor, 0mg nicotine. it is a 50/50 PG/VG blend. juice was warmed using a waterbath and the spice dissolved almost effortlessly over the course of an hour. it was placed in a small bottle and put away until i was ready.

important note: unless you are whipping up a ton of juice, 1 or 2ml is not very much in these larger tanks out these days. (most are at least 3ml, some up to 7ml!) you need to be careful where the wick holes are on the atomizer so your small amount of juice is over these openings. otherwise, even after a couple of puffs, the level of the juice will fall below the wick holes and you will get a burnt hit. a burnt hit with plain juice is horrible enough; i can’t imagine how bad it would be with spice. the Arctic tank’s coil has it’s openings quite low so even 1.5ml was above that line. this might have sounded complicated; it’s not really - you just want to make sure the level of the juice is over the holes where the cotton is.

the tank was loaded with all the juice i had and i let it sit to saturate the cotton.

here we go:

in a darkened room with Brian Eno’s “Thursday Afternoon” playing (my favorite voyage track) i did the breathing and calming and noticed my sweaty palms, as always. then that moment comes where you say to yourself, “ready now”….

i took a safe, wimpy puff to test it. starting at 50watts to see what it would be like. probably about a half-lungful and held it in for about 20 seconds. i could tell the effects were coming, but not very intense. i waited about 10 seconds, and took the second puff. full on, deep and long, as much as i could take. held it in…and then….

i don’t need to tell you what happened. this is not a trip report - this is a debrief. it was a complete, unmistakable breakthrough into an Alien playground with entities dancing around some type of swimming pool. the fractals and insect-like molecular components were supremely vivid. i was using earbuds this time and the music was in, around and through me. there was no “me” at all. when it became apparent, in those last few seconds of real-world awareness that it was going to be an intense event, i laid down on the bed.

as the room came back to me, part of me wanted to sit up, but i was coaxed not to yet. i laughed and realized that my eyes had been open the whole time with no visual or conscious awareness of the room i was in. the slow transition back to the visual world we know was amazing, as i surveyed my body which looked oddly long and tall - my legs and feet seemed so far away in front of me - i wanted to move but could not yet. it was not the least bit frightening or upsetting; i just knew i hadn’t yet reconnected with my physical form.

since there were no harmalas, i was back to full awareness and consciousness within roughly 20 minutes. i was, however, still in the “holy shit” stage, amazed at what had happened.

i guess i never mentioned this was my first breakthrough. it was, and i’ll never be the same.

to close this long essay which i thank you for reading, let me just say once again that using e-juice seems to me to be the most fantastic, pleasant and efficient ROA i’ve ever encountered. i have used a GVG which i adore, many different electronic vaporizers (the Mighty being my fave for Changa), and bongs, pipes, etc.

nothing compared to this. i was prepared to gradually explore with multiple puffs. two puffs, the first being almost nothing, was all it took. and, as you saw, my ratio was quite weak. leads me to believe a couple of things:

absorption with this ROA might be slightly delayed because of the carrier medium. the first little puff probably had quite a bit of spice in it; if i had waited a full minute after that, effects might have been more pronounced. as it was i went ahead with the full-on puff almost immediately; this is what secured the warp-drive ascent.

using modern sub ohm tanks, it is possible to inhale an enormous amount of juice in a puff. a couple of years ago with the pen-type vapes, it was much harder to get enough. now, it could almost get too intense. using a 1:1 ratio one could easily cross into very unpleasant territory. i have no idea how much i ingested. could’ve been 25mg, perhaps more, even 50mg. the level in the tank looks pretty low now. starting with 250mg this makes me wonder how much it was i puffed. but this is the rub: i’ll never really know unless i get obsessive and measure out how much is left, etc.

i totally endorse and suggest people try this out - like i said it’s not difficult and you can be sure it will succeed with greater likelihood with no “flame technique” needed.

i appreciate all i’ve learned on the Nexus, and send my love out to everyone and everything, everywhere…

Namaste

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Leithen
#2 Posted : 2/17/2016 10:07:37 PM

Be Here Now

I think this will become one of the more popular ROAs in the near future. It does seem far more convenient especially considering how many people already have the vapes.

Hopefully in the coming months more solid research and experience reports will come out. Thank you for sharing yours here! Thumbs up
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”
― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

anne halonium
#3 Posted : 2/17/2016 10:50:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

interesting.
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

skoobysnax
#4 Posted : 2/21/2016 4:36:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anne halonium wrote:
interesting.

Very. I have recently stopped combusting cannabis and my lungs love me for it. Co2 extracted oil in a pen. So simple. Now if the spice dosage problem could be solved. Could be good to thin it out more and use with harmalas to be able to move in slow and gauge the experience.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

sbc1
#5 Posted : 2/21/2016 3:38:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ducdevil any more news on how you've been getting on, this is my preferred roa as well, I'm about to order the evic vtc mini and the crown uwell tank, im interested in using the temperature side rather than wattage to see if it's more efficient hopefully I'll be able to experiment soon

monomind
#6 Posted : 2/22/2016 10:20:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

skoobysnax wrote:
anne halonium wrote:
interesting.

Very. I have recently stopped combusting cannabis and my lungs love me for it. Co2 extracted oil in a pen. So simple. Now if the spice dosage problem could be solved. Could be good to thin it out more and use with harmalas to be able to move in slow and gauge the experience.

e-changa ??? Thumbs up sounds cool.
however from my experience harmalas and spice vaporize at very different temps.
i would think that having 2 vaporizers, 1 for harmalas and one for spice is the way to go.
you can puff on one and then the other in order to float nicely into hyperspace Smile

ducdevil
#7 Posted : 2/22/2016 3:00:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hi everyone -

glad this thread has had some activity and some interest!

i haven't dabbled with the ejuice method lately since i've been super busy, but i wanted to address a couple things that have been raised:

sbc1: personally i wouldn't use the Uwell tank for spice/juice; it's a fantastic tank for vaping, but you'll need to keep a lot of juice in it most of the time, otherwise the juice will drop below the fill holes and you'll risk dry burning the coils. i like smaller tanks; the Arctic, or either the Kangertech sub mini or nano. these tanks have a coil which has the feed holes (where the cotton wick is) low enough that you can still have saturation with a relatively small amount of juice. i suppose, if one is mixing up 4 or 5mls of juice at a time, this wouldn't matter. i am usually mixing only 1.5 or 2mls at a time...small batches for experimentation. YMMV

i noticed that if i keep the 50/50 juice in the tank for a while without using it, the juice is so thin it begins to leak out of the bottom of the tank very slightly. i think i will move to a 60/40 VG/PG to slightly thicken the juice; i have done this before and the juice tasted better, vapor production was better and the spice still dissolves quite well. i have not yet tried to dissolve harmalas into this same mixture; i've heard reports that it doesn't dissolve too well in the ejuice. i'll try it anyway; even if they don't dissolve completely, that isn't as critical i believe. a few mgs difference in a harmala dosage isn't as important as a few mgs off with spice. i think you know what i'm suggesting...

my changa "rig" is a S&B "Mighty". the harmala effect is definitely present. i use a mix heavy on the mullein; it acts as a sponge and really distributes the spice quite evenly. i use caapi as well and sometimes lotus. mostly mullein. i vape it at 360-370f. always had great results. i've tried other vaporizers as well; for me at least, the Mighty never fails. i calculate how much spice/harmala is in each mg (roughly) and weigh out each dose. it is true that the vaporization temps are different for harmalas and spice; i prefer to use one rig for my changa explorations and found the temp i listed above is, perhaps a good compromise.

i am going to mix up some more juice using a slightly thicker juice (60/40). i'll try adding some harmalas to see if they dissolve using a water bath. stay tuned; i'll let you know!

cheers!

sbc1
#8 Posted : 2/22/2016 4:34:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cheers ducdevil, the reason for the uwell is because of the ss coils and the tank is supposed to be really good, but I'll take your advice on board, have you seen the new smok micro tank check it out, have you used your ejuice with the temperature mode

ducdevil
#9 Posted : 2/22/2016 4:42:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

do you mean the TFV4? yes, i use it all the time and also the "mini" version of it which is new. it's quite a beast. for straight vaping, it's one of my current faves. i think for spice it's overkill. it doesn't function well at low power, and at its sweet spot you'd get so much vapor it could be overwhelming. i suppose one could dilute the juice - even 1:10 - and then it would be fun. with this tank with the airflow wide open, you could probably puff .5ml at once. holy shiva. that would be deep.

maybe i'll do a 1:8 batch and try it. with harmalas. whoa.....

Thumbs up

ducdevil
#10 Posted : 2/22/2016 5:24:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oh yes - one more thing:

i have messed around with TC mods in the past; i'm not really into it and i think it's kindof an unnecessary bell/whistle. keeping the mod at a low wattage based on the ohm rating of the coil is sufficient to avoid burning. and, when the spice is blended with the juice it's not likely one would burn the spice if the juice is vaped at an appropriate temperature.

for straight vaping, i find TC limits the flavor too much - i like a warm vape - all the TC mods i've tried the vape is too cool.

of course, i prefer hot tea to iced any day! Laughing

sbc1
#11 Posted : 2/22/2016 7:33:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

No the smok micro here's a youtube link https://youtu.be/e2L8Y-pgJ8I
You should definitely try your smok tank that thing is a beast I'd be to scared to use it ha, dunno temperature might be the way to go for me, plus it's getting more advanced who knows what's next, I can't wait to hear how you get on with the harmalas, if not in the same liquid try it's on its own in a tank, a puff on that then a puff on the dmt tank

Firemetal420
#12 Posted : 2/24/2016 5:09:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Love this thread, I very recently decided to get into the whole vape thing to get away from the poisonous cigarettes I smoke. I ordered a wismec reveleaux rx200 with a smok tfv4 sub ohm tank and all the accessories that go with both. I'm going to be making my own juice so I will absolutely be adding some dmt and trying that at some point in the near future. My concern is that the smok tank is a little much for a mix with dmt. So does anyone have a tank recommendation that they've had success with other than the one specified in the original post?
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever

ducdevil
#13 Posted : 2/24/2016 4:32:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sbc1 wrote:
No the smok micro here's a youtube link https://youtu.be/e2L8Y-pgJ8I
You should definitely try your smok tank that thing is a beast I'd be to scared to use it ha, dunno temperature might be the way to go for me, plus it's getting more advanced who knows what's next, I can't wait to hear how you get on with the harmalas, if not in the same liquid try it's on its own in a tank, a puff on that then a puff on the dmt tank

hey sbc1 - nice find! i have the TFV4 and the "mini" version - never saw the "micro"! for sure, that's the one i'd try - just ordered it! small capacity, low profile coil...i am sure it's a winner.

glad to see this thread is alive and breathing!

cheers everyone!

sbc1
#14 Posted : 2/24/2016 5:18:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah looks like a decent tank might order it myself, you'll have to let us know how you get on with it, hopefully this thread will stay active and more people join in and try thus roa

eastlancsguy
#15 Posted : 2/24/2016 10:10:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I really want to try this method, surely it's got to be the ultimate way to smoke the spice.

There was a very long thread about this that was running for ages, but no one seemed to have any success, which up until now has put me off trying.

What's changed? Is it the use of sub ohm vaping kits? No one seemed to be able to get strong enough hits previously.

ducdevil
#16 Posted : 2/24/2016 10:30:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes. Absolutely. Sub Ohm is the key.

It is also, I should mention, worth some caution. Immense amounts of vapor can be inhaled with each puff, so the over-zealous juice mixer could really be in for quite the surprise.

In the previous threads, folks were mixing 1g per 1ml because the amount of vapor possible with the weaker batteries and higher resistance coils made dosing really hard; multiple puffs - maybe 5-10 inhalations to get anywhere. The small tanks had no airflow and couldn't vape enough liquid at once. That is no longer the case.

Ratios of 1:4 are still quite generous; I had rip-roaring success with 1:6, and that was even a bit intense.

There are so many tanks and coils available now; an embarrassment of riches, as they say...

The research has just begun Very happy

sbc1
#17 Posted : 2/24/2016 10:58:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Let's keep this thread alive and get more people involved, post your experiences, setups, ratios ect

eastlancsguy
#18 Posted : 2/25/2016 2:27:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm definitely going to try this, surely it's the future ROA of choice if we can get it working reliably.

ducdevil - Can you answer a couple of questions for me to help me give it a whirl?

1) What tool do you use to accurately measure out such small amounts of e liquid?

2) When you've dissolved the spice into the eliquid, how do you manage to transfer such a small amount into the storage bottle without having any drops still stuck inside the container? I find that it's really hard to pour small amounts of e liquid and always end up having some stuck at the bottom of my bottles.

3) Do you find that the spice comes out of solution when stored in the e liquid for a length of time? Do you need to reheat it to get it to redissolve?

4) I am currently running this battery. It only goes up to 60 watts. Do you think this would be OK if paired with a suitable tank? I believe it can cope with sub ohming based on the reviews I read before purchasing.

Thanks. I'm also really keen to hear how you've got on with your harmala vaping as this is also something I'd like to try.

ducdevil
#19 Posted : 2/25/2016 3:00:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

eastlancsguy wrote:
I'm definitely going to try this, surely it's the future ROA of choice if we can get it working reliably.

ducdevil - Can you answer a couple of questions for me to help me give it a whirl?

1) What tool do you use to accurately measure out such small amounts of e liquid?

Easy! small, 1ml syringe. with or without needle, works perfectly

2) When you've dissolved the spice into the eliquid, how do you manage to transfer such a small amount into the storage bottle without having any drops still stuck inside the container? I find that it's really hard to pour small amounts of e liquid and always end up having some stuck at the bottom of my bottles.

Same answer, actually. also, when the liquid is warm it seems to flow much easier and doesn't seem to cling to the small beaker i use to dissolve in. i find a beaker easier than a shotglass since there is a small pouring spout on most beakers. keep in mind, however, the thicker the liquid, the more will cling. 50/50 blend seems perfect. even 60/40 VG/PG.

3) Do you find that the spice comes out of solution when stored in the e liquid for a length of time? Do you need to reheat it to get it to redissolve?

No, i have not found that. the liquid darkens slightly, but nothing either separated nor precipitated.

4) I am currently running this battery. It only goes up to 60 watts. Do you think this would be OK if paired with a suitable tank? I believe it can cope with sub ohming based on the reviews I read before purchasing.

I ran mine at 50 watts, .5ohm coil. should be fine. however, you will be pushing the top end of its limits - battery will drain quickly. i'd look for something, if you can, with 100watts; it will run more efficiently and power will be reserved.

Thanks. I'm also really keen to hear how you've got on with your harmala vaping as this is also something I'd like to try.

Will do!

Hope that helped! Good luck! Enjoy!

eastlancsguy
#20 Posted : 2/25/2016 3:09:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

You, sir, are THE MAN! ;-)

Many thanks for the info.

ducdevil wrote:

[i]I ran mine at 50 watts, .5ohm coil. should be fine. however, you will be pushing the top end of its limits - battery will drain quickly. i'd look for something, if you can, with 100watts; it will run more efficiently and power will be reserved.

Yes, I hear you. I will give it a whirl with this battery first, and if it's no good, I'll upgrade. It's a 4500mAh battery so hold plenty of charge, so hopefully won't run out too quickly.

One further question if I may. Could you provide some more info on your vaping technique? When I vape for nicotine, I usually pull the vapor into my mouth first, then inhale it into my lungs.

When you talked about getting your second big hit above (that lead to the breakthrough), what technique did you use? As I described, or do you inhale directly into your lungs?

All the best
ELG

123NEXT»