We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Question about Syrian Rue... Options

newswimmer
#1 Posted : 12/6/2007 10:15:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My friend has been told to give this stuff a try to enhance his experiences. So he has ordered some, and it will be here very soon. He's not completely sure what to do with it though. He's pretty sure he doesn't have to extract it. It's not seeds. Here is what the site says: Peganum Harmala 10x (Syrian Rue) [img:91d6bbb45a]http://iamshaman.com/eshop/products/medium/syrian10x.jpg[/img:91d6bbb45a] Every gram of this 10x Syrian Rue extract is equivalent to TEN GRAMS of fresh P. harmala seeds. So if it was said that my friend needs 3.5 grams of this. Can he swallow 1/3 a gram of what's pictured due to the fact that it's an extract, and not a seed?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Viracocha
#2 Posted : 12/6/2007 10:33:19 PM

..still lc..

yep, lucky you chewing four grams of those seeds eeesssh no good i recommend you use a coffee bean grinder or some other kind of grinder and grind what you have to powder if it isn't already (doesn't look like it from the pic). Then put your measured doses in 00 gelatin caps. You could afford to go up to 0.5g/cap, don't go lower than 0.3g/cap

newswimmer
#3 Posted : 12/6/2007 10:58:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:9900044070="Coschi"]yep, lucky you chewing four grams of those seeds eeesssh no good i recommend you use a coffee bean grinder or some other kind of grinder and grind what you have to powder if it isn't already (doesn't look like it from the pic). Then put your measured doses in 00 gelatin caps. You could afford to go up to 0.5g/cap, don't go lower than 0.3g/cap[/quote:9900044070] it appears to be ground up. Perhaps not as fine as it could be, and he could try to further grind it. I assume a mortar and pestle would work, I'll let him know. He ordered 6 grams of the stuff. I suppose that's 12-18 uses? Is that math right at a 10x level extract?

Viracocha
#4 Posted : 12/7/2007 12:22:09 AM

..still lc..

Mortar and pestel would work fine, you want to get it to as fine a consistency as possible so your stomach doesn't have to try and work with little rocks. It'll also allow for more efficient dosing as a few pellets may pass through you before your body could actually get to the alkaloids yep 10x means 0.4 grams equals 4 grams of standard product 4 grams of rue is a standard dose so dosing 0.4 grams of this would be perfect. 6 grams would give 15 0.4g doses. You could easily dose 0.6g or a little higher, this would give greater potentiation intensity and length

newswimmer
#5 Posted : 12/8/2007 7:39:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My friend got his shipment the other day. He loaded .4 g into 00 gel caps. He'll give it a whirl tomorrow. Does he really not need to eat for the full 6 hours? What about a small snack for breakfast, then take it a couple hours later? Are there any dangers in taking an MAOI? He's not on any other medication, so couldn't imagine it interfering with anything. I'll let you know what he tells me after the fact.

El Ka Bong
#6 Posted : 12/9/2007 7:27:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is that seed or some scraped up grunge/extract..? I recommend NOT eating the seed solids ! If that brown stuff isn't totally water soluble at acid pH, then filter it ! but what do I know, the picture looks like seeds too..?! What is that brown stuff ..? don't eat that ! Is it dried extract ? And I suggest to smoke dmt after taking the rue, don't eat dmt right away - pharmahuasca can be rough too ! ... When trying MAOIs from 3.5g seed, the b-carbolines will only mildly affect your mind - relaxing and loosening you up just right. Try that alone too, I think 3.5 grams of extracted seed wears off in 2 hours after drinking it. I wonder how long you'd be 'inhibited' from 0.35 - 1.0 g of that brown stuff.. The recipe for liquid extract is so simple - Combine 50 ml Lemon juice (pH 2.1) + 150 ml water + 3.5 grams pulverized seed ( or just 0.35 - 1.0 g 10X stuff), and let sit for 8 - 12 hours at room temp. Stir as often as possible, then filter it to get a clear yellow acid extract that is totally safe to drink (ie NO puking !). It may drip-out the filter and take another 12 hours, just be patient to get perfectly clear lemony extract. Drink this 200 ml with 400 ml OJ or juice.. Then one day after getting used to it all, try eating dmt. Just don't eat the seed !... although the experience of puking your angst out while tripping on 150 mg dmt eaten on 3.5 grams of ground seed is kind of worth it .. just to know how freaking valuable your MAO enzymes are, and how many waves of imagination soup there are out there... ! Eating the seeds is a stronger dose of MAOIs, it must inhibit MAO enzymes more than a lemony extract, but not by much. You get 'woozy' in 50 minutes of consuming a good dose of extract. The MAOIs are probably worth trying to doses high enough to get 'high', but I'm so conditioned from the memory of purging hard that 3.5 g seed is alot, my maximum necessary, to totally potentiate inhaled dmt. The only time I tried eating 3.5 g seed, I didn't stop heaving until I had every particle of rue seed OUT of me ! But the irritant could also have been the 150 mg dmt, letting me I drift for about 2 hours in synesthetic rafts, just peaking ! The rue is very strong at inhibiting the MAO enzymes, but you can't really tell how shut-down they are until you eat some dmt... (> 50 mg) ! jeebus ! But having said that you'll puke if you still have to... I think dmt is able to irritate the stomach more than rue extract. Just have an empty stomach when you take the rue seed EXTRACT ..! then smoking dmt is like a soft velvet-lined-glove-of-love coming off ... instead of a latex-rubber-ego-binding rip through, which we all know too...! So believe ME ! I do not recommend eating any solid parts of the seed ! You will puke ! The seed coat has tannins and other alkaloids in there(supposedly "abortifacient" including the 'puke-ifacient' ones..), which do not become soluble at the acid pH of lemon juice.

newswimmer
#7 Posted : 12/9/2007 7:47:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

oh wow...Maybe my friend jumped the gun a little bit here. After I finish this post, I'm going to tell him to go see if this fine powder is water soluble. He knows there are drug intereactions with MAOIs, and will avoid all the stuff he's read about. He's now a little worried about taking the 400mg of powder he put into the gel capsules. He HATES throwing up, under any circumstances. He also wasn't aware that he would be affected physically by the syrian rue, all on its own. Perhaps he'll cut the dose back to 200-300 mg. His plan is to give it a whirl tonight. So if the powder isn't water soluble, then he absolutely shouldn't put even this tiny amount of powder in his stomach? BTW- it is not ground up seeds. It is an extract. Very finely ground powder.

newswimmer
#8 Posted : 12/9/2007 9:06:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My friend has come to the conclusion that this extract powder is not water soluble. Should he avoid taking it tonight on an empty stomach if he doesn't want to vomit?

Mano
#9 Posted : 10/20/2008 5:01:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I ordered some 10x rue extract and finally got a chance to use it this last weekend. I took about .5 g mixed w/ orange juice with a partner and waited. Not having done any maoi’s before, we didn’t know what we should be feeling. There was a slight body buzz going on but not a whole lot with both of us. After an hour, we both ingested 100mg of DMT fb and waited. Nothing transpired after an hour and a half so we just decided to smoke some. We got a normal high that kinda lingered for about 10 minutes but I was not impressed by the rue extract. Has anyone else had experiences like this? Even if the stuff is not water soluble, shouldn't it still dissolve and get digested in the stomache?

I have read about the tea and extractions and would really rather pay for someone else’s work on the rue. If other people have had similar experiences with the rue extract, I may just bite the bullet and make it myself from some rue seeds.

~ be excellent to each other . . and - - -

'Coatl
#10 Posted : 10/20/2008 6:20:05 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Trying doing 2-4 grams of Syrian Rue (or the eqivulant extract) or about 50-75g of Caapi + DMT (smoked or oral ingestion)

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

acolon_5
#11 Posted : 10/20/2008 8:24:08 PM

The Great Namah

newswimmer wrote:
My friend has come to the conclusion that this extract powder is not water soluble. Should he avoid taking it tonight on an empty stomach if he doesn't want to vomit?

If it is freebase it will not be water soluable. Add a drop or two of vinegar in 20mL of water and see if dissolves then. My guess is that you have freebased alkaloids. Your gut will turn them back into HCL salts.

With the harmala alkaloids a little nausea is just unavoidable in some people.

Quote:
I ordered some 10x rue extract and finally got a chance to use it this last weekend. I took about .5 g mixed w/ orange juice with a partner and waited. Not having done any MAOI’s before, we didn’t know what we should be feeling. There was a slight body buzz going on but not a whole lot with both of us.

That sounds about right for a low-moderate dose of rue alkaloids

Quote:
After an hour, we both ingested 100mg of DMT fb and waited. Nothing transpired after an hour and a half so we just decided to smoke some. We got a normal high that kinda lingered for about 10 minutes but I was not impressed by the rue extract. Has anyone else had experiences like this? Even if the stuff is not water soluble, shouldn't it still dissolve and get digested in the stomache?

You waited WAY too long to ingest the spice. If you want to predose with rue alkaloids you should not wait more than 20-30 minutes before ingesting DMT...alternatively you can take a bit more rue extract with the spice. Traditionally caapi vine and dmt containing plants are ingested together, though drinking more of the mixed brew throughout the night is common.

If you are looking for a strong harmala experience, caapi is really the only decent way to go...Rue works great as an MAOI for pharmahuasca but gets very uncomfortable at high doses. With Caapi you can up the dosage high enough to get actual visions (not really visuals, but visions). A strong Caapi brew (without DMT) has blown me away before.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Mano
#12 Posted : 10/22/2008 6:26:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^ A-5, big thanks for the advice. I'm gonna take your suggestions and do a follow up experiment this coming weekend if time permits.

I also got an order of 5x caapi extract. How does dosing with 10g of that followed by smoking 50mg DMTfb 20 minutes after sound?

~ be excellent to each other . . and - - -

Jorkest
#13 Posted : 10/22/2008 6:51:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

smoking does things differently than if you take it orally...1.5 hours is too long for oral ingestion..but if you smoke it...it will most certainly have an effect on the trip...
it's a sound

acolon_5
#14 Posted : 10/22/2008 7:05:23 PM

The Great Namah

Mano wrote:
^ A-5, big thanks for the advice. I'm gonna take your suggestions and do a follow up experiment this coming weekend if time permits.

I also got an order of 5x caapi extract. How does dosing with 10g of that followed by smoking 50mg DMTfb 20 minutes after sound?

I'm not big on extracts unless I make them myself... I can't even begin to give you accurate dosages for them, but if it truly is a x5 then 10-15 grams of it should be enough. When you start feeling a little tired, have some minor visual distrubances, and have a little body tingle you know that your caapi is working. Again, I wouldn't wait more than 20-30 minutes (on an empty stomach of course). Please understand that while most foods are ok to eat before/after harmala alkaloids, there are many OTC and perscription drug interactions that can be fatal, including but not limited to benadryl, decongestants, and cough medicines. Make sure you don't take any meds a day prior and a day after.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

'Coatl
#15 Posted : 10/22/2008 7:10:01 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Ya you could def. smoke the stuff, esp. if it's in freebase form.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb