We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Transcultural use of narcotic water lilies in ancient egyptian and maya drug ritual (paper) Options

downwardsfromzero
#1 Posted : 1/26/2016 1:37:07 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I found this and thought it was interesting. I'll have to put in a request in the sci. papers thread, I suspect Wink

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Endurance
#2 Posted : 2/13/2016 11:58:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey downwardsfromzero, attached is the article referred to in the link.

Emboden, W.A., 1981. Transcultural use of narcotic water lilies in ancient Egyptian and Maya drug ritual. Journal of Ethnopharmacology 3, 39-83.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 2/14/2016 1:26:50 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Thank you very much indeed!

Now to get my hands on some more lilies...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Nydex
#4 Posted : 6/8/2018 3:58:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Endurance thanks a million times man!!! I recently got really excited on that topic and found several of his research documents, but I had to request full access and wait for it to be granted to me (if it would happen at all), but now you've shared this for free! Thanks a lot, I plan on a future post delving into the details of those rituals in Ancient Egypt, as well as weird things around their culture and way of life, as well as philosophy.

Many thanks!!! Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Cactus Man
#5 Posted : 6/12/2018 5:42:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Im assuming this is different from blue lotus? Ive tried that before a bit but I dont think Ive had lily.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 6/12/2018 9:11:20 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Cactus Man wrote:
Im assuming this is different from blue lotus? Ive tried that before a bit but I dont think Ive had lily.

As I understand it, the ancient Egyptians used the water lily Nymphaea caerulea, known as the Blue Lotus.

exquisitus
#7 Posted : 6/13/2018 7:57:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i do remember that somewhere, but not exactly where, in his works, the real world indiana jones (in 1957!), dr charles muses, also hardcore mathematician, very early software and hardware engineer and a mystic (also known as a shaman), wrote something about what egyptians used.

anyway, he is worth reading for a whole bunch of reasons related to this forum.

edit.
could be that
Charles Muses, THE SACRED PLANT OF ANCIENT EGYPT, 1989
or that
"The Shamanic Way in Ancient Egypt" by Charles Muses

or coulld be multiple other works. i simply don't remember anymore. i don't even remember what the plant itself was...