We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Realization "life" is way bigger than we're told. Options

brilliantlydim
#21 Posted : 2/11/2016 3:42:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

didnof wrote:

"if we took all the knowledge that mankind had accumulated and transmitted by the year One CE as equal to one unit of information, it probably took about 1500 years or until the sixteenth century for that amount of knowledge to double. The next doubling of knowledge from two to four 'knowledge units' took only 250 years, till about 1750 CE. By 1900, one hundred and fifty years later, knowledge had doubled again to 8 units. The speed at which information doubled was getting faster and faster. The doubling speed is now between one and two years."

If he is right that means singularity in less than 4 years, unless we have total collapse first and start back at ground 0.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Doc Buxin
#22 Posted : 2/12/2016 1:41:45 AM

Pay No Mind

hug46 wrote:
...as we age we lose our memories...

....it could be argued that someone that has no real interest in how things work, and is happy being ignorant, is at the highest point on the expanded consciousness foodchain.

You have to be quite envious of someone that has more interest in how many sugars they have in their tea than understanding how a black hole might work. This is the epitome of living in the moment....

The older I get, the more I feel this way.

I often tell clients & patients that come into our acupuncture & herbal clinic complaining of losing their memory due to aging, "enjoy it...you've lived a long, good life...now it's time to forget about it & just appreciate the moment you're in".

Wink
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

yamma1
#23 Posted : 2/12/2016 6:50:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AOM0525 wrote:
I also believe that DMT finds you.

YES! Finds and then " saves " you! Smile

welcome

“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”

Terrence Mckenna

hug46
#24 Posted : 2/15/2016 9:41:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Doc Buxin wrote:

I often tell clients & patients that come into our acupuncture & herbal clinic complaining of losing their memory due to aging, "enjoy it...you've lived a long, good life...now it's time to forget about it & just appreciate the moment you're in".

Wink

I"m with you on that Doc. But when it gets to the point where you are habitually forgetting to turn the gas off on the hob (like my mum does) it gets to be a problem. Sometimes i forget certain words that i wish to use in order to be able to articulate better or the names of people. It can be very frustrating. I have a feeling that i may have always been like that ...but i can"t remember whether i was , or not....Razz

zhoro
#25 Posted : 2/15/2016 2:07:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AOM0525 wrote:
Good evening everyone,
I'm happy to have arrived here at the Nexus. I only recently found out about psychedelics, specifically DMT, and the positive impact they can have.

About me. I'm a 36 year old, male. Currently living in NY but also spent some time in Cali. I grew up in typical suburbia during the Nancy Reagan 80's and I said "No to drugs!" through my teens and into my mid 20's.

It was ingrained in me that those who did drugs were "bad" and not doing drugs meant you were "good". I have 2 siblings who have experimented with many types of drugs throughout their lives, but I was never interested. In my mid 20's I dabbled with weed but only a few times. I never thought much about drugs, and I rarely drink.

In late 2014 I began searching for more meaning in my life. I quit my job in Nov 2014 because my feelings of unfulfillment were becoming to great to ignore. After a month of doing nothing, I began searching. What I was looking for I didn't know but I knew that there were answers about myself I needed. I've never done much meditating but I began to find myself doing it everyday. I found some books which helped my analyze my childhood and helped answer some more questions. In mid 2015 I took a "self help" course and it opened my eyes much further to the reality we live in. It gave me perspective on how to deal with everyday life.

During 2015 I happened upon the the documentary "DMT: The Spirit Molecule". I had watched it a few times and was throughly intrigued and did quite a bit of research on it, but figured, "it's a drug, there's no way I can get my hands on it." It was about August when my brother just happened to bring up DMT. I was shocked because I hadn't mentioned anything to him about what I had seen or my thoughts on the topic. But it turns out he was also doing research on it or knew about it for some time.

It was not too long after than my brother got his hands on some DMT. My life has been changed forever. The places I've been, the things of seen, and most importantly the experiences that remain with me are for later posts.

I throughly believe that we, human beings, are undergoing a paradigm shift in consciousness. I also believe that DMT finds you.

I look forward to gaining insight in the experiences of everyone here.

The things experienced when growing up and told about life by various entities like your parents and Nancy Reagan as well the experiences you had on DMT never happened apart from you. You are the common element in all experiences. Who and where is this "I"?
Here it is - right now. Start thinking about it and you miss it. ~ Huang-po

PREV12