We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Deliberate breathing with 5-MeO-DMT Options

UgraKarma
#1 Posted : 2/9/2016 2:45:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have come to notice that if there is any one single factor which prevents me from completely letting go after consuming a release dose of 5-MeO freebase (for the purposes of this post, let's call that inhalations of 10MG freebase or more - and slightly more than that for HCl,) the one thing which keeps me tethered to my meat body is the overwhelming concern for my breathing.

I'm wondering if this is an unnecessary concern. Let's say for example that I simply did not pay mind to breathing, which might very well lead to either not breathing at all or the sensation of not breathing. Is this something I should continue to maintain my focus on?

Is it safe to say that the body will do what is needed regardless of the compound's influence? Like passing out or sleeping, will my breathing continue regardless? Even at higher dosages at or around 20MG?

Although I feel like the obvious answer is that the body will take care of itself, I think I'd find comfort in confirmation of this via feedback from the community.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 2/9/2016 7:20:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Have you seen this thread?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

UgraKarma
#3 Posted : 2/11/2016 3:08:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for pointing that thread out, although it seems to support my thinking that there is no sure answer towards definitive safety or lack thereof when utilizing 5-MeO-DMT.

Between the cautionary literature found in Appendix Six of Tryptamine Palace, and "Negative Reactions and Precautionary Practices" from the Toad and the Jaguar, it seems that a host of unpleasant phenomenon remains quite possible (in Toad And Jaguar Metzner speculates this can be expected in about 10% of users), but nothing points towards respiratory arrest directly. Varying degrees of depersonalization following the experience seems to be the more likely undesirable reaction - and although not pleasant, would not be a direct threat to the meat body waiting back in my room.

Part of my concern lay in the fact that I almost militantly prefer to use tryptamines in a solo setting (I'm able to get more productive results in solitude,) but don't want to jeopardize my own health in my pursuits.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

NotTwo
#4 Posted : 2/14/2016 9:18:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi UgraKarma

I'm very much with you on this one and put my own post about this quite recently.

Having come out of a couple of 5-meo experiences finding I was hardly breathing at all I was slightly concerned. Like you I'm a solo voyager and don't fancy inviting someone round to watch me especially as my process is meditation, smoke, meditation. But I have noticed how the last couple of times I've been a bit obsessed with seeing that I was still actually breathing ... which can be none too easy when time has slowed down to approx. one century per second - one breath every 2 millenia is enough to know you're still alive Big grin

I don't know what the answer is; get a sitter despite the inconvenience or trust that the body will do what the body does (possibly dying in that false belief!). I'd love to hear what you decide.

In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.