We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
in the middle of lazyman....some very general questions... Options

artaylor7785
#1 Posted : 7/30/2009 12:20:43 AM

love

ok so swim is in the middle of the lazy man tek. swim just added his basified water....NaOH. my question about the lye is that its a plumbing thing...and they are granules...they are grey not white....so im just curious of the purity the brand name is Insta-Flo odorless drain cleaner....says contains sodium hydroxide....im thinking its all it contains cause when added whith water it started steamin quick. so thats what is soaking now is the mimosa bark and hopefully lye mixture....in 2 hours i will mix the naptha and the fan dry to see if it works.....also im using about 1/4 of the mimosa it calls for in the tek so swim is ROUGHLY cutting everything by a quarter.....my question is that percise enough or does one need to be pretty dead on when doin it? ANY advice is appreciated....oh and another question when....i put out the final solution to dry can i put it on something ceramic or does it have to be glass? thank you
"what is more important than truth, love, and humility?" buddha

anything said by this alter ego is purely for entertainment only...i do not participate nor condone such behavior.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

artaylor7785
#2 Posted : 7/30/2009 12:55:21 AM

love

ok so ill answer some of my own questions...the insta flow is 99 percent lye...no other active ingredients...assuming it'll work....can one use too much lye?? im letting it sit for another hour then going on with the extraction...im sure swim will have more questions in just a lil while....stay tuned!!!(first extraction)

anything said by this alter ego is purely for entertainment only...i do not participate nor condone such behavior.

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 7/30/2009 12:57:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

you cant use 'too much' but you dont need to use TONS...its a waste if anything...but you can be sure that if you use too much you wont have any emulsions
it's a sound

artaylor7785
#4 Posted : 8/1/2009 7:28:28 PM

love

ok so i finished my first extraction ...was def. a learning experience...the spice came out orange yellow...the night before my frined had some, which was really ironic, anyways hers was orange too, but it was harder and more crystal like....so my question is how do i first make it crystal like, and how would i clean it up....i would like to go for some "cleaner" spice...

o and i know this isnt a trip report section but it was my first time with spice and all i can say is OOHHHHHHHHHH.....lol, but in all seriousness, dmt is not a drug its a tool a sacrament, something....much respect

-albo

noothgrush
#5 Posted : 8/1/2009 10:39:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM also just finished his first extraction and got white crystals which became clear with a recrystalization. On later pulls where the solution was heated, SWIM pulled creamy-white/yellow crystals. SWIM used both heptane and white spirit for his pulls, and was wondering which solvent SWIY used?

artaylor7785
#6 Posted : 8/2/2009 3:01:53 PM

love

naptha