We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I'm having intense DMT trips in my sleep. Options

Psilosopher?
#1 Posted : 2/4/2016 10:11:22 PM

Don't Panic

Is this common? I've been having really intense trips in my sleep. Complete with the whole shebang; turning into an entity, death of the physical self, oneness with the universe etc.

I haven't smoked in a few days, and it's been happening every night. Not complaining, just curious.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

concombres
#2 Posted : 2/4/2016 10:19:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don`t know if it is extremely common, but it occurs enough that this is not the first time I have seen it mentioned here.

While I have not experienced DMT like dreams, i have & continue to experience effects on dreaming for short periods after DMT usage.

There was another thread here recently about. Member experiencing something while dreaming similar to what you describe & a handful of others did say they have had experiences like this as well.

I think this is a poll-worthy question. I`d be interested in knowing how many others here have experienced some type of effect on dreaming as a result of DMT use. I think it may be a fairly common occurance & could potentially be useful data at some point.

Psilosopher?
#3 Posted : 2/4/2016 10:24:32 PM

Don't Panic

concombres wrote:
I don`t know if it is extremely common, but it occurs enough that this is not the first time I have seen it mentioned here.

While I have not experienced DMT like dreams, i have & continue to experience effects on dreaming for short periods after DMT usage.

There was another thread here recently about. Member experiencing something while dreaming similar to what you describe & a handful of others did say they have had experiences like this as well.

I think this is a poll-worthy question. I`d be interested in knowing how many others here have experienced some type of effect on dreaming as a result of DMT use. I think it may be a fairly common occurance & could potentially be useful data at some point.

Mmmm, I was actually looking for that recent thread, but I'm stupid.

I hope it's permanent, though.

How do I turn this thread into a poll?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

concombres
#4 Posted : 2/4/2016 10:44:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ask & thou shall recieve

Link took me a second to find. I had to dig through all the likely sub-forums for a second before remembering it was posted in the first steps in hyperspace section.

While I cannot say whether or not what you are experiencing is permanent, i can offer you what I know.
The effects in my case that DMT seems to have on dreaming do fade within a week or so if I do not use DMT again, but come back when I do. Even if I use relatively small doses.

I can`t help you with the poll creation. I have never tried & don't see any buttons for it when I post, but someone will probably come along & help you out if you want to add a poll.

Doc Buxin
#5 Posted : 2/4/2016 11:21:58 PM

Pay No Mind

I certainly have had DMT-trip-like dreams from time to time.

This did not surprise me however due to having experienced very vivid LSD trip dreams many, many times in the last 30+ years.

I love it. To me, it's like a "bonus trip" unexpectedly, straight out of nowhere. Wink
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

concombres
#6 Posted : 2/5/2016 1:01:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Doc Buxin wrote:
I certainly have had DMT-trip-like dreams from time to time.

This did not surprise me however due to having experienced very vivid LSD trip dreams many, many times in the last 30+ years.

I love it. To me, it's like a "bonus trip" unexpectedly, straight out of nowhere. Wink

From everyone I have seen mention dreams like this I have heard the same so far. Seems to be a desirable effect.

While my own experiences have been different & not quite trippy or reminiscent of entheogenic states, the effects I have noted on my dreams after DMT use have never been negative or un-enjoyable.

Gone-and-Back
#7 Posted : 2/5/2016 1:21:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have had a total of two dreams where I have gone to hyperspace. One of them actually involved smoking dmt in the dream, and the other one I do not remember the dream involving any smoking, but I ended up in hyperspace somehow anyways.

Both times were pleasant, and for some reason all the feelings of anxiety or heavy body loads that come with dmt use didn't exist when entering that realm during dreams. So it was even more amazing then if I had actually smoked dmt.

Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Bancopuma
#8 Posted : 2/5/2016 1:26:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had a few DMT like experiences in my sleep, and believe effects lingered when I awoke. I've also seen DMT patterns in the sky in a dream, which acted as a lucidity trigger in that instance. My dreams have also taken on more psychedelic imagery since dabbling with DMT and other psychedelics. Most notably though, after returning from Peru and partaking of ayahuasca out there, I awoke one night (for real, not a false awakening) and perceived swirling geometric patterns in the darkness above me...thee lasted for a few seconds before dissipating. So in this case my DMT/ayahuasca altered dream space appeared to spill over into my waking consciousness for the briefest time which I thought was pretty cool.

TGO
#9 Posted : 2/5/2016 5:24:41 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

As I find this subject incredibly fascinating I've taken some time to put together a small compilation of related threads that I think you all will find interesting, to say the least. I'd share my experience but I already have in the 4th link. Cheers!

Tripping in Dreams

Do anyone notice differences in their dreams after using DMT?

I had a DMT experience while dreaming

any one else experience actual dmt trip in a dream?

DMT Trip While Sleeping!!??

DMT's Effect On and Suppression of Dreams

Dreams after DMT?

DMT tripping while sleeping

Crazy vivid dreams

DMT themes in dreams

Smile
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

ultraviolence
#10 Posted : 2/6/2016 1:08:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After smoking dmt, I was very interested in training myself to lucid dream. To do so, I started using African Dream Root. I successfully taught myself to lucid dream and it now happens almost every night. I have created an entire town in my dreams that I am always in with many different stores, a school, and lots of different houses/apartments. I take drugs a lot in my dreams, usually lsd.

I also experience the same thing that Bancopuma described. I will wake up from my dream, usually because the dream is so lucid that the experiences jolt me awake, and when I open my eyes there are colors and fractals everywhere, along with a tryptamines body high. It only lasts for about 10 seconds but it is very intense and interesting, not being able to walk downstairs to take a piss is a weird feeling.

I personally haven't smoked freebase in about 3 years and I've only smoked changa a few times in that period, yet I still have dmt-esque dreams a couple times a week. I feel like the dmt is calling me, and has been for years, but I haven't taken the plunge in quite some time.

concombres
#11 Posted : 2/6/2016 11:26:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In the thread I linked a couple posts up, when endlesness & UC come in, i think some very good points are made.

It is interesting that dreams are changed in some way after DMT use & it is seems to be such a common occurance.

What I would like to know is what exactly is going on within the brain and/or body that causes changes in dreaming.