We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
could we have a realtime chatbox pweze? Options

Xstacy
#41 Posted : 7/5/2009 10:41:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Since when did open communication lead to loss of information? That was pretty silly to say.

Copy and paste into thread. If nothing else, this will speed up learning. Just make sure you come here and type it up if you learn something useful.
All illegal narcotics are medicinal. Boredom is a disease worse than cancer. Drugs cure it, with little or no side effects if used as directed - Doug Stanhope.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

The Traveler
#42 Posted : 7/5/2009 11:42:03 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Xstacy wrote:
Since when did open communication lead to loss of information? That was pretty silly to say.

Copy and paste into thread. If nothing else, this will speed up learning. Just make sure you come here and type it up if you learn something useful.

Maybe you will post on the forum what you learn from your chat but in my experience not many will.

Phlux-
#43 Posted : 7/5/2009 11:48:25 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

ok i have my own entheogen site and i do have a chat app on it - it did draw info away from the forums as its much easier for ppl to just pop in and ask a q but that has been sorted out - questions are kept to the forums and the chat is for just chatting and getting to know other members.
If controlled properly i dont forsee it being a problem, but that doesnt mean someone needs to be there to control it, ppl on my site are able to govern themselves and im sure it would be the same here - perhaps a test run is a good idea - just for a week or so - if it fails it can be removed - if it works out well im sure it would be much appreciated.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

olderROM
#44 Posted : 7/5/2009 11:55:26 AM

Alfred

sorry, i just missed ya on IRC phlux!
All of the posts made are hypothetical and for educatiunal/entertainmint purposes only. SWIM (a fictional chaaracter) and his activities are completely fictional.

The Traveler
#45 Posted : 7/5/2009 1:02:10 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Phlux- wrote:
ok i have my own entheogen site and i do have a chat app on it - it did draw info away from the forums as its much easier for ppl to just pop in and ask a q but that has been sorted out - questions are kept to the forums and the chat is for just chatting and getting to know other members.
If controlled properly i dont forsee it being a problem, but that doesnt mean someone needs to be there to control it, ppl on my site are able to govern themselves and im sure it would be the same here - perhaps a test run is a good idea - just for a week or so - if it fails it can be removed - if it works out well im sure it would be much appreciated.

You are right there Phlux-,

A test run would be the good thing to figure out if this would work.

shoe
#46 Posted : 8/1/2009 1:33:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Doing this might also just be a natural step for the dmt community? don't be afraid of loosing anything on the forum, there are still the teks, the people who want to post teks and the people who want to post their experiences. They really won't/can't post those in a chatbox.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

dread
#47 Posted : 8/1/2009 1:51:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I presume I can register my nick as "olderROM" or any else nexus member's nick, right?

If you implement an IRC-based chat, you can use Nickserv which allows everyone to register their nicks so that no one else can use them.

PREV123