We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
san pedro higher dose experiment no.1 Options

balaganist
#1 Posted : 8/1/2009 1:12:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Partly in response to polytrip's thread: http://www.dmt-nexus.me/...aspx?g=posts&m=70814

I am also coming down from a san-pedro experience! However, mine was quite different..
I started the night by taking around 150mg extract with a yerba mate tea before going out to meet friends, where I had a couple beers and was planning to move on to a club after. I left a couple hours or so later, just after taking another 300mg (or just over), and then had a bit of trouble finding transport to the club.. ended up getting a taxi somewhere, getting dropped off where I could get a bus, but by this time I was on strong and there were a lot of drunk friday night people around, it was a bit too much... I was also tired after a hectic week and not enough sleep - I was hoping the mesc would wake me up a bit, well it prob did a bit but I ended up feeling tired and indecisive as to whether I should carry on my journey or just go home. I also lost my mobile in the taxi which annoyed me a bit! I ended up going homewards but still partly wanting to go and dance a bit... it just seemed too hectic to try and find the place in my tripped out state, but so was being on an overcrowded night bus!!

I finally got home, still a bit annoyed about my lack of conviction and losing my phone.. but told myself to let it all go and just enjoy the trip in peace and quiet. I sat for a while trying to meditate into it. It was very nice... but I was searching for visions, asking for teaching and healing, but it seemed to be a bit .. empty (not sure if that is the right word).. I mean, I was feeling it in my body, and definitely going on journeys in my mind, but they mostly seemed to be thoughts and memories, not ayahuasca-like visions. I ended up going to lie in my bed, tripping out for a while, and gradually fell asleep, waking up briefly at one point early in the morning to colourful OEV's. Some really vivid dreams aswell.

Today I feel quite ungrounded with some low level tension, however, I wouldn't necessarily attribute this to the mescaline, I think its just the state I got myself into last night. I am still feeling the mesc a bit now some nice waves of subtle body euphoria now and again.

I would really like to try again, perhaps cooking up the fresh cactus instead of doing an extraction, and now I know what a higher dose is like I will be more ready for it. I would also not do it when I am so tired, and def not having to deal with public transport!! - unlike XTC it does not seem to charge you with energy you dont have.

Also Bancopuma suggested I may have evaporated the acetate on too much heat (was 65C). In any case, I will be trying again soon..!
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

polytrip
#2 Posted : 8/1/2009 1:44:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Yeah, i had some less succesfull sanpedro journey's before as well. There seems to be two thresholds with cactusses; the first one gives you slight xtc-like feelings with peyote and a weird, foggy sort of drunkennes or sedation with san pedro. Then there is a second level where it completely changes and becomes totally psychedelic. It seems you either get enough of it to get a full psychedelic breakthrough, or you don't, as if there's no gradual increase with dose.
It could also be that the alkaloid contend of cacti varies so dramatically that with some cactusses you just get more of the XTC-like alkaloids or the ones that bring sedation, then real mescaline. The experiences i got from them differ dramatically anyway.
When you have that breakthrough dose, you can not be left unimpressed.