We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvia in Canada Options

Gonzukes
#1 Posted : 12/15/2015 9:19:08 PM

Diviner of Sound

So what's the deal with Salvia Divinorum in Canada now?

I watched Mckenna's talk on Salvia last night, and it enticed me to try it again after at least a year having no contact with it. I've done Salvia probably about 9 times (7 times before any other psychedelic due to availability), and as such have a pretty.. interesting.. history with it, to say the least.

Anyways, I've never tried the quidding (or whatever you'd call it- basically orally) method. I really want to, and I'd even love to grow my own plants.

However, apparently they're illegal now in Canada, but it's not enforced or something? I can't really find much solid information on this whole thing, and I've found sites which apparently sell seeds. I'm curious about the legitimacy of that, if anyone knows?

Thanks to everyone who helps me to find an old friend Smile. It's a massive shame we've illegalized such a powerful teacher, despite it's religious use in many tribes.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Metanoia
#2 Posted : 12/16/2015 12:39:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm afraid it's going to be extremely difficult to find live plants in Canada at this point. The ban on Salvia will go into effect in February 2016 and you'll no longer be allowed to legally own live plants. Apparently dried leaf and extracts will still be legal to possess, from what I can gather.

https://www.richters.com/show.cgi?page=Issues/salvia.html

As for viable Salvia seeds, they are incredibly rare. Most likely not legit. The only reliable method of propagation is from cuttings, which unfortunately will probably be really hard to find as I said.

It's a friggin' tragedy that Health Canada has decided to ban a plant that has so much potential for healing. Speaking from personal experience, this plant is incredibly medicinal and is only really dangerous when you're dealing with extremely concentrated extracts. Quidding or smoking plain leaf, along with a basic mature, responsible attitude, is no more dangerous than smoking a little cannabis or having a couple glasses of wine. Maybe even less so.

Gonzukes
#3 Posted : 12/16/2015 1:07:36 AM

Diviner of Sound

Metanoia wrote:
I'm afraid it's going to be extremely difficult to find live plants in Canada at this point. The ban on Salvia will go into effect in February 2016 and you'll no longer be allowed to legally own live plants. Apparently dried leaf and extracts will still be legal to possess, from what I can gather.

https://www.richters.com/show.cgi?page=Issues/salvia.html

As for viable Salvia seeds, they are incredibly rare. Most likely not legit. The only reliable method of propagation is from cuttings, which unfortunately will probably be really hard to find as I said.

It's a friggin' tragedy that Health Canada has decided to ban a plant that has so much potential for healing. Speaking from personal experience, this plant is incredibly medicinal and is only really dangerous when you're dealing with extremely concentrated extracts. Quidding or smoking plain leaf, along with a basic mature, responsible attitude, is no more dangerous than smoking a little cannabis or having a couple glasses of wine. Maybe even less so.

Yeah, the entire war on substances is so corrupt. The war on harmless, mind-expanding substances even more so..

Hmm.. Any idea how to go about finding cuttings? It'd probably only be through various connections hey?

Oh well.. What about just getting dry leaves? Are there any legitimate sources online that you or others know of? I'll do some research in a bit too, but its nice to see what others think Smile.

Also- Dry leaves are fine for quidding right?

jamie
#4 Posted : 12/16/2015 3:25:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

If you are on the west coast..like vancouver..then yeah you can still find it around, legally.

Everyone is trying to get rid of the stock before the ban hits.

Long live the unwoke.

Gonzukes
#5 Posted : 12/16/2015 5:07:32 AM

Diviner of Sound

jamie wrote:
If you are on the west coast..like vancouver..then yeah you can still find it around, legally.

Everyone is trying to get rid of the stock before the ban hits.

Yeah I'm west coast, I guess I'll try to find some decent looking sites, thanks man!

Metanoia
#6 Posted : 12/16/2015 10:46:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, jamie's probably right. Most vendors are probably trying to get rid of the stock they have. Cuttings would probably be the first to sell out though, I would think.

Dry leaves are fine for quidding, just rehydrate them in a bowl of water first.

Gonzukes
#7 Posted : 12/16/2015 10:53:39 AM

Diviner of Sound

Metanoia wrote:
Yeah, jamie's probably right. Most vendors are probably trying to get rid of the stock they have. Cuttings would probably be the first to sell out though, I would think.

Dry leaves are fine for quidding, just rehydrate them in a bowl of water first.

Okay awesome, thanks!

Terrence_Mechanic
#8 Posted : 12/18/2015 4:58:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh my god, this is a shame. So from what I understand you cannot possess a live plant but dried leafs are alright and can be used for incense etc. ?

Can I ask about Caapi and Mimosa? Are there any bans on these coming too in Canada? Is it legal to possess?

Metanoia
#9 Posted : 12/19/2015 1:58:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Since it's just a legality question I think we're allowed to discuss it. I know Health Canada stops Mimosa and Acacia from being imported. Caapi I think you're still allowed to import.

BringsUsTogether
#10 Posted : 2/3/2016 8:55:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Metanoia wrote:
Since it's just a legality question I think we're allowed to discuss it. I know Health Canada stops Mimosa and Acacia from being imported. Caapi I think you're still allowed to import.

You can't import caapi vine. Harmaline is a scheduled substance in Canada.