We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Separate NMT / DMT Using TLC Kits Options

eastlancsguy
#1 Posted : 1/13/2016 11:19:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere, I've had a good look but am unable to find anything conclusive.

My friend recently tried a bark extraction using a species of Acacia that not much is known about (Acacia Mangium). He tells me he managed to extract 1.25% of strongly DMT smelling orange wax.

He doesn't want to bioassay this product without knowing a bit more about what's in it. He's awaiting delivery of a TLC kit as he'd like to try and analyse the contents of the substance somehow.

He suspects his wax may contain a mix of DMT / NMT. Will the TLC kits allow him to separate and test for the presence of both substances?

Thanks
ELG

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 1/13/2016 9:05:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes!

You will be able to clearly see both separate spots, nmt below dmt.

You can use the caffeine calculator in the tlconscious.me page, running some caffeine next to your sample , or if you have some known dmt-containing plant next to your sample, it will make it even easier. Check the reaction results compared to the videos database.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have here , or pm me.. I might take a bit to answer but i will!

Good luck!

eastlancsguy
#3 Posted : 1/13/2016 9:54:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

That's great news, thanks Endlessness.

My friend says that he has a sample of (what he suspects is) fairly pure DMT. He was planning on running three samples of this on a test card, then once separation had occurred using the three different reagents to do a colour check to see what colouring he gets.

He was then going to run three samples of the stuff he extracted on a test card and repeat the same reagent tests on anything that separated to see if he could match the colours up with the test card (to see if DMT was present) and with the online resources at bunk police (to see if he could identify NMT / anything else).

Does this sound like a sensible approach? Neither my friend or I have any Chemistry experience so he's a little in the dark!

endlessness
#4 Posted : 1/30/2016 12:43:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry for the late reply but yeah, your plan sounds good.. as we've talked about it here, you clearly had DMT/NMT in that first reference sample Smile

eastlancsguy
#5 Posted : 1/30/2016 10:48:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

No worries dude.

Once again, many thanks :-)