We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
RESULTS: Plant and Substance analysis Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 11/21/2011 10:56:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In this thread I'll be posting all the results of analysis that are relevant to us, done by nexians. This post will be added as more tests are done:

EDIT: This thread still has to be updated (19/06/2012), there's other analysis not yet written below, check the links in my signature for more info.

Mimosa hostilis

Dec 2011 - Analysis of Jungle, FASI, FASW, Naphtha freebase and limo freebase - GC-MS/TLC/Uv-Vis Photospec/NMR - Endlessness
- Acqueous salted DMT (like FASW or vinegar) and evaporated xylene yields DMT + 2MTHBC + MTHBC + 1,2-Dimethyl-THBC + small amounts of NMT

- Fumaric acid precipitated DMT (FASI/FASA) yields DMT + 2MTHBC + small amounts of NMT

- Washing limonene with water, after having precipitated all apparent DMT with FASI, will yield a concentration of non-dmt alkaloids, plus a bit more DMT. These non-dmt alkaloids are 2MTHBC, 1,2-Dimethyl-THBC, NMT and 2 phenetylamines (!!!) including N-Methyl-Phenetylamine and another one, potentially N,N,-Dimethyl-Phenetylamine. This is very surprising to find phenetylamines in mimosa!

Feb 2011 - Red vs yellow vs white spice - LC/GC-MS - Burnt
Mostly DMT, small amount of NMT/2MTHBC, also some plasticizer found (from material used in extraction?)

Mar 2010 - Jungle spice summary - LC/GC-MS - Burnt

Jungle is mostly DMT, with small amounts of NMT/2MTHBC, plus organic acids, a fatty acid, and phenolic compound

Nov 2009 - Jungle spice - LC/GC-MS - Burnt
Dmt + unknown beta carboline

Phalaris

Dec 2011 - Phalaris analysis thread - GC-MS - Endlessness

Wild phalaris arundinacea Autumn harvest BC Canada
Hot limo pulls
16% 6-MeO-2-Methyl-Tetrahydro-Betacarboline
4% 5-MeO-NMT
1% NMT
1% DMT
1% gramine

AQ1:
crude methanol soak
26% fatty/carboxylic acids
3% oleamide
2% DMT
2% phytol
0.x% hordenine

Big Medicine:
crude methanol soak
20+% fatty/carboxylic acids
3% DMT
2% hordenine
1% MTHBC

Yugo red
crude methanol soak
20+% fatty/carboxylic acids
7% hordenine
5% gramine
1% DMT

test room temp limonene extract
33% DMT
10% limonene (crude separation)
2% gramine

Extractions:
Extracting a gramine containing phalaris with limonene, salting with vinegar, evaporating, making paste with sodium carb and pulling with alcohol, will leave the gramine and hordenine behind and pull mostly only DMT.

Acacias

Jan 2012 - Acacia analysis thread - GC-MS - Endlessness
Acacia acuminata:
51% Tetrahydroharman
32% DMT
16% Tryptamine
0.5% Harman
0.4% 3-Methyl-Quinoline ?
0.3% N-Methyl-Phenetylamine
0.1% Phenetylamine

Acacia confusa
(both stem and root)
DMT, NMT and traces of skatole

Acacia obtusifolia
TWIGS
92% DMT,
2% 2MTHBC
0.8% 3 methyl quinoline?

LEAF
83% DMT
2% MTHBC
0.4% 3 methyl quinoline ?

BARK
84% DMT
4% 2MTHBC
0.4% 3 methyl quinoline?

Acacia obtusifolia x maidenii

DMT, traces of 2MTHBC, possibly some quinoline compound

Bufotenine / Bufotenine n-oxide

Nov 2009 - Bufotenine - LC/GC-MS - Burnt
No bufotenine oxide found, pure bufotenine

LSD

(accuracy 10%)

Nov 2011 - Red Buddha - TLC and Uv-Vis photospectrometry - Endlessness
160 mics

Oct 2011 - Avatar (supposed new batch this year) - TLC and Uv-Vis photospectrometry - Endlessness
120 Micrograms

Sept 2011 - Hofmann - TLC and Uv-Vis photospectrometry - Endlessness
3 different hofmann blotters with 38, 40 and 45 micrograms

Sept 2011 - Liquid LSD - TLC and Uv-Vis photospectrometry - Endlessness
3 different liquids with 50, 55 and 110 mics

Vasicine/Vasicinone/Deoxyvasicine

Nov 2010 - Syrian rue / vasicine, etc - GC-MS - Burnt
Syrian rue extracted without a manske step found with mostly harmaline, small amount of harmine, very small amount of THH, and vasicine/vasicinone/deoxyvasicine

Harmalas

Jan 2011 - Harmaline to THH reduction using vinegar and zinc works - GC-MS - Endlessness
Using zinc and vinegar can turn all harmaline to THH.

Nov 2010 - Harmine/harmaline separation - GC-MS - Burnt
Separation not pure by pH precipitation, harmine is reasonably pure but harmaline has a lot of harmine contamination, if the harmine was precipitated at pH 8.5

Nov 2010 - Harmala red - LC-MS - Burnt
Extracted and recrystallized (in ethanol) harmalas from syrian rue had harmine, harmaline and harmalol, plus traces of unknown components

Apr 2010 - Harmala red - GC-MS and ferric chloride reagent - Burnt
Harmala red could be some phenolic compound

Nov 2008 - Syrian rue manske - GC-MS - Burnt
Syrian rue extracted with manske has no vasicine/vasicinone/deoxyvasicine, only harmine and harmaline

Diplopterys cabrerana

Nov 2011 - Is there 5-meo in cabrerana? - GC-MS - Endlessness
No 5-MeO-DMT found, main DMT peak. Other traces pending identification.

Phalaris brachystachys
? 2011 - Phalaris brachystachys - nLC-MS - Benzyme
90% DMT, 10% Gramine

Edit: im also attaching the mass spectra files of different substances for those wanting to practice identification with Openchrom and AMDIS/NIST

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

sauroman1
#2 Posted : 1/5/2016 8:02:31 AM

Anybody from Lisbon?

Great work. I'm curious how much DMT you found p. brachytachys and which parts of plant? Also could you test acacia longifolia or it's subspecie var. sophorae since this is abundant in mediterranean countries tree?

nen888
#3 Posted : 1/5/2016 9:07:19 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

yes great work endlessness, thanks agin...hope you're well..and was nice to hear about more trees growing far and wide..

particularly good and timely to see the Phalaris results again...this (testing incl.) is truly the way of the future!
i did have a query i recall in the acacia analysis thread as to whether the particular gcms system could well pick nmt from dmt (i.e not showing up, ratio dependent), and this has been known..but well, it's a great achievement so far Thumbs up
and definitely a big step towards harm reduction..

..and as we discussed in the past ,where the tests can go is into seasonal, phenotype, and methodological variatation, which is definitely out there..

look forward to the next round of nexian contributions to the archives of knowledge !

concombres
#4 Posted : 1/23/2016 9:36:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I`d like to see some work done with desmanthus illinoensis in the future.
Looking into growing this plant & learning to use it as a source for spice.

Is there a safe way to have analysis done without access to Gc/MS or something similar?
I was thinking I live in an area where soil is probably contaminated due to being surrounded by factories & landfills & phytochemical analysis to determine if my plants have taken in that contamination may be a good excuse to have this type of lab work done but the safety of a having analysis done on a DMT containing plant makes things seem rather questionable. I do know of a handful of local labs that do this type of analysis but not being involved with them directly I do not know about the inner workings of these places.

Spaced Out 2
#5 Posted : 1/23/2016 11:32:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm glad you mentioned this concombres as I will be starting a bunch of bundleflower seeds very soon to be ready for spring. So yeah I'd like to see some work done in the future as well. I know they are finicky but going to give them a go and see what I can come up with.

concombres
#6 Posted : 1/23/2016 12:10:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spaced Out 2 wrote:
I'm glad you mentioned this concombres as I will be starting a bunch of bundleflower seeds very soon to be ready for spring. So yeah I'd like to see some work done in the future as well. I know they are finicky but going to give them a go and see what I can come up with.

^This one looks like it will require some dedication. From what i have read alkaloid content can be all over the place.
It's going to probably require you to first learn to tend to the plant & keep it alive & healthy for a couple years.
From there you can work to determine what the best way to go about getting consistent & high alkaloid content across plants is.
That may mean growing until a specific plant has good genetics & produces high alkaloid content & cloning. After that good clones can be spread easily & we may get somewhere.

Spaced Out 2
#7 Posted : 1/23/2016 2:38:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a perfect spot for them, and dedication is not a problem. Getting somewhere, and a better understanding of this plant, growing patterns, alkaloid content etc. is the goal. Your right though I'm sure it will be like wild phalaris grass in its yield, but that's ok. It would just be nice to have another viable source for when acacia goes away or is hard to get.

It's just seems that there isn't many people working with it right now, hell it even grows wild in my home state, so when I return there I will be looking for some to take samples from to see what I can come up with and to see how it varies plant to plant.

concombres
#8 Posted : 1/23/2016 2:55:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spaced Out 2 wrote:
I have a perfect spot for them, and dedication is not a problem. Getting somewhere, and a better understanding of this plant, growing patterns, alkaloid content etc. is the goal. Your right though I'm sure it will be like wild phalaris grass in its yield, but that's ok. It would just be nice to have another viable source for when acacia goes away or is hard to get.

It's just seems that there isn't many people working with it right now, hell it even grows wild in my home state, so when I return there I will be looking for some to take samples from to see what I can come up with and to see how it varies plant to plant.

I think this whole mhrb & acacia becoming hard to come by thing will solve itself when it happens.
The high alkaloid plants being less available I think will just mean DMT will be left more to those willing to dedicate the time & energy into growing lower yeilding plants & learning to make them work.

Hopefully I can dig up enough info on the alkaloid profile of bundleflower. If it produces an extract that is relatively clean, low yeilds are perfectly fine. Clean spice can always be converted to fumarate salts & stored until a nice stash is built up.
It may not be extremely practical or cost efficient but it works well enough to provide a handful of experiences over the course of a year which is enough for me.

Spaced Out 2
#9 Posted : 1/23/2016 3:06:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with you 100%.

Please keep me posted on any good information you dig up on it, I will research myself as well and do the same. I have done a little so far just not as much as I need to.

concombres
#10 Posted : 1/23/2016 3:32:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spaced Out 2 wrote:
I agree with you 100%.

Please keep me posted on any good information you dig up on it, I will research myself as well and do the same. I have done a little so far just not as much as I need to.

Feel free to PM me with information & notes. This is getting a bit lengthy & off topic for this thread.

As of now what I can gather is 0.34% DMT from some sources but it varies alot according to those who have extracted from it. I see 0.11% NMT as well but am looking for further mention of that to verify evidence of NMT or other alkaloids present in extractions documented by others across the net.

eastlancsguy
#11 Posted : 1/24/2016 10:15:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

A friend of mine carried out an extraction on Acacia Mangium bark recently. He's tested the results using a TLC kit but found no evidence of DMT within the extraction.

A failure for us, but more knowledge for the community, at least.

I posted about it here: Acacia Mangium Extraction TLC Results.

All the best,
ELG