We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
5-MeO-DMT and Harmalas Options

UgraKarma
#1 Posted : 12/30/2015 12:10:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For some time now, I've come to consider 5-MeO-DMT a major no-no, rife with contraindications, when used in tandem with harmalas, or MAOIs. Because 5-MeO is so physical, and seems to share tactile qualities with phenthylamines which also have harsh reactions when combined with MAOI's, this seemed to make perfect sense to me and I didn't dig into it much further.

On a very old thread, 69ron comments on the efficacy of 5-MeO-DMT and harmalas taken sublingually, and it has piqued my interest. As far as I can tell, there's no guide for dosing, as one might easily find Googling for heroic dose/psilohuasca, ayahuasca, pharmahuasca, etc... If anyone is able to come up with a working dosage scale, or even share odds and ends notes on their subjective experience, I'd be interested in reading about the experience, and how the signature of the rue imprints itself onto the 5-MeO experience, (i.e. if you found MAOIs to enhance the low-dose empathogenic/entactogenic effects, and if its synergies could be considered desirable all the way through to the "release dose".)

A few notes on where I'm coming from:
I have about 30-60mgs (eyeballed) of HCL 5-MeO, which would be much better for sublingual administration than the larger amount of freebase I have, however I'm without freebase harmalas at the moment. Would you consider this experience warrant the trouble of running a rue extract? I enjoy low-dose intranasal administration for the HCL, so if it's not a tremendous difference experientially, I'll probably not rush to try this combo before the end of the year, and simply continue to use it in this fashion.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

nen888
#2 Posted : 12/30/2015 9:52:16 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..please be careful UgraKarma..
5meo and Harmalas is a potentially dangerous combination
(see https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=66540 , incl. later posts)
..5meo should not be casually exchanged with DMT in pharmahuasca experiments...there can be serious complications in some..

UgraKarma
#3 Posted : 12/30/2015 10:50:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Nen - that thread successfully confirmed my reservations. Simply not stacking up enough "positives" in my cost-benefit analysis to try this myself. Maybe some day, but not for now.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

Global
#4 Posted : 12/31/2015 1:19:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Is 5-MeO not strong enough for you? If the answer is yes, you most likely don't really have 5-MeO. I really don't think harmalas are necessary. If it is a consumption issue, then I would freebase the 5-MeO (very simple process) or just smoke the HCl form - it works. I'm not sure what oral dose range for 5-MeO is, but I would be very careful about looking that kind of a thing up. If you smoke it, surely smoke no more than 10mg, which is already kinda asking for trouble.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

rOm
#5 Posted : 1/2/2016 2:06:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron was speaking about 5mg dose of 5meo dmt ( which he suposedly extracted from virola resin, and to date, we couldn't back up these claims ). This is an active dose already which top with a very low dfose of sublingual harmalas was better he used to say.
Now I think, even if the reality is questionable, these sort of dose are more on the safety side anyway.

Few poeple dared to oral 5 MeO-DMT with harmalas as it has been successful but seems pretty risky ( at least one fatal report of such combination in a apparently healthy young adult was reported).

I did such experiecne by accident too ( didn't lable my jars and took 5Meo instead of n,n ) and I can tell you it wasn't fun for the first hour AT ALL.
Maybe thankfully I was taken by strong nausea and I had to puke ( I might as well have thrown up some excess 5 meo ).
I had a hard time chilling and I thoght my life was threatened.
I eventually chilled up, and at least enjoyed a very good afterglow. All I can say, it didn"t went as smooth as a good n,n-DMT oral ( pharmahuasca style with harmalas ).

I never dare to repeat the experiecne even on low doses. Nonetheless I did make some kind of enhanced leaves ( no harmalas but n,n and 5 meo combined ).
You can ingest those tryptamines alternatively via rectal route sans harmalas too.
There has been good report ( look up at arimane for intance) for this ROA which seems safer.

5 MeO-dmt might well be active by itself as low as 30 mg oral too. so combining a dose of more than 15 mg with harmalas could be risky.

Please, enjoy the molecules safely, and report back your findings, impressions ..

Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

NotTwo
#6 Posted : 1/18/2016 2:56:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
If it is a consumption issue, then I would freebase the 5-MeO (very simple process) or just smoke the HCl form - it works.

Hi Global. Just noticed your comment above about the HCl being smoalkable. Is this from your own experience? Do you need to compensate with a larger quantity? I've been going through the process of freebasing my 5-meo-dmt:HCl which is a bit of a hassle and loses me a percentage each time. I'd love to know I didn't need to process it first Smile

In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

rOm
#7 Posted : 1/18/2016 5:36:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No you will dose a bit heavier with HCL than with FB but FB is heavier so if you have FB you dose a tad bit less. Well, really try smoking HCL. I think I did both and didn't mind the low loss when freebasing but HCL smoking works and maybe you'd dose 2 mg up than FB given the smoking doses.
Hope this is clearn enough Smile

Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Global
#8 Posted : 1/20/2016 12:41:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

NotTwo wrote:
Global wrote:
If it is a consumption issue, then I would freebase the 5-MeO (very simple process) or just smoke the HCl form - it works.

Hi Global. Just noticed your comment above about the HCl being smoalkable. Is this from your own experience? Do you need to compensate with a larger quantity? I've been going through the process of freebasing my 5-meo-dmt:HCl which is a bit of a hassle and loses me a percentage each time. I'd love to know I didn't need to process it first Smile

I have smoked the HCl in my own experience (it definitely works). If you need to compensate for weight, it's marginal because a tiny crumb of the stuff is still overwhelming. I wouldn't worry about losing a percentage though with 5-MeO. That's me personally. I honestly don't know if I'll ever finish my half a gram.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

NotTwo
#9 Posted : 1/20/2016 2:10:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
I have smoked the HCl in my own experience (it definitely works). If you need to compensate for weight, it's marginal because a tiny crumb of the stuff is still overwhelming. I wouldn't worry about losing a percentage though with 5-MeO. That's me personally. I honestly don't know if I'll ever finish my half a gram.

Many thanks for the advice Global and rOm.
In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.