We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
500g mimosa, tek? Options

artaylor7785
#1 Posted : 7/21/2009 1:55:33 PM

love

hello all, swim recently ordered 500grams of mimosa, premium bark supposedly, but who doesnt right?...anyways swim would like to ask you guys what would be the best and safest tek to use.....swim like the d-limonene tek, which seems safe, but was curious of yeild....this will be Swims first extraction and would like it to be a successful one...
love and light-
wolf
"what is more important than truth, love, and humility?" buddha

anything said by this alter ego is purely for entertainment only...i do not participate nor condone such behavior.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

artaylor7785
#2 Posted : 7/21/2009 2:33:32 PM

love

also i got the tek from 69rons d-limonene tek...and saw a ssuggestion of it tweaked,,,,would one get a substantial yeild from 500grams of bark using that tek....or if you would like to suggest a noob safe tek would be great too
Laughing

anything said by this alter ego is purely for entertainment only...i do not participate nor condone such behavior.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 7/21/2009 3:03:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dont start with all the 500g... first extract, say, 100, because its possible you make mistakes the first time.

STB teks like noman's tek or lazyman or similar are easy... but definitely the limonene teks seem much nicer and safer.. SWIM never tried the limonene one yet, but he definitely will when oportunity comes.

Just a note: you do not get pure white dmt crystals with the limonene tek.. Unless you perform a recrystalization using some 'normal' solvent like naphtha/hexane/heptane in the end. But without this recrystalization you can still get a smokeable product.. It might be a bit oily, so best would be to redissolve it in some alcohol and then infuse some herbs with it

good luck and tell us how it went

shago
#4 Posted : 7/21/2009 3:39:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you can try both A/B and STB to find what suits you more.

The awaited day will come.
De rodillas, bajo la lluvia y sobre el barro, clamamos a los cielos... ven a nosotros.

JOIN THE NEXUS CHAT ROOM NOW!

I do not aprove any illegal act as I don't do anything illegal.

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 7/21/2009 3:50:59 PM

The Great Namah

I always suggest that people do an A/B on their first extraction.

This gives you a basic idea of what is going on, and is genearlly accepted as the correct way to extract alkaloids (although not always).

Check out our wiki page for different extractions.

My best advice is use less naphtha! If you are going for a freeze precipitation, use 100-200mL naphtha per solvent pull! Some teks say 400-500mL don't do it! You'll wonder why you didn't get much spice...and then you'll post here, and then we'll say to evaporate 1/2 of it...so use less!

Also a neat trick I leared. Once you pull off your 200mL naphtha and stick it in the freezer, put another 200mL into your extraction jug. Let that sit overnight while your are freeze precipitating the frist pull. Then switch. Put the naphtha that was in the jug int he freezer, and the naphtha that was in the freezer, (decant and save xtals) put into the jug. This way you always have something in the freezer and something in your jug.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

artaylor7785
#6 Posted : 7/23/2009 1:27:36 AM

love

thank you sooo mucho, very insightful info..i believe A/b with be best, as i have learned from my mushroom hobby, to get the basic idea of how everthing works, before you move on is ALWAYS better!
ill for sure keep a log
thank you

soulfood
#7 Posted : 7/23/2009 2:38:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I think an STB is the best for first timers that want to make sure they get everything. But rather than go the no-man route I would acquire d-limonene and fumaric acid and then use jorkests approach. It's a little more complicated than just throwing some naphtha in the freezer but you get a nice full alkaloid extract.

I'm in the group of folk that don't think an A/B is necassary. I have acheived very clean results using just water, lye and lighter fluid.

Just don't throw ANYTHING away until results have been acheived and don't rush. Best results require patience.

artaylor7785
#8 Posted : 7/25/2009 5:52:17 AM

love

what is the best way to obtain d-limonene? and what about sodium carbonate? or all the other chemicals needed for a first timer....lift off is almost here...."martinez" said the goods leaving brazil very soon. .... and what about fumaric acid, and lye, where would one obtain those......as i know lye is hard to come by.....which is sodium carbonate, right? .....i think im learning....oh and by the way if anybody new to this is reading the wiki is FULL of great info, read over it twice and i think im getting the idea.....love and light
-wolfVery happy

MODERATOR wrote:

We have the suppliers section for questions like these, so please keep the rest of the forum clean...

artaylor7785
#9 Posted : 7/25/2009 6:06:24 AM

love

ok after a little research.....i realized my last post was a little off......my real questions are where do you obtain sodium HYDROXIDE, i know online, but anywaher like hardware stores ?>?? umm also wherer would one obtain food grade d-limonene(or does it have to be food grade?)....ok so yea how does one get sodium hydroxide (lye) and d-limonene? oh and fumaric acid? very much appreciated and i LOVE this site
PEACE
-wolf

obliguhl
#10 Posted : 7/25/2009 8:31:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

My best advice is use less naphtha! If you are going for a freeze precipitation, use 100-200mL naphtha per solvent pull! Some teks say 400-500mL don't do it! You'll wonder why you didn't get much spice...and then you'll post here, and then we'll say to evaporate 1/2 of it...so use less!

The problem is, that it's very hard to get so little naphta out of the HDPE container without sucking up lots of black liquid.

SnozzleBerry
#11 Posted : 7/29/2009 10:19:36 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Quote:
The problem is, that it's very hard to get so little naphta out of the HDPE container without sucking up lots of black liquid.

Two suggestions:

First - Use a beaker/jug shaped container so that after you agitate the solution, the naptha winds up in the neck of your container. This creates a greater depth of naptha and less propensity for you to suck up your basified rootbark solution.

Second - Use a smaller baster or pipette as the volume of your naptha decreases. In his initial extractions SWIM would use an eye-dropper to get the last 25-50ml without any black liquid.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור