We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Your favorite setting to smoke Spice Options

SWIMMING
#1 Posted : 7/28/2009 5:09:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Greetings and Welcome,
This is the question that I wanted to ask for a few days but have been forgetting over and over.
What are the kinds of places that you have found work for smoking the Spice? In an airplane? Passenger seat of a drive on the highway? Stormy weather at the ocean front? Where Where Where

Razz Razz Razz
If at any time the world unravels and becomes an hallucination which I cannot escape, I'll return somewhat prepared for anything that might happen afterword.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

smokeydaze
#2 Posted : 7/28/2009 5:12:07 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

be sure to check this out.. Pleased

SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

idtravlr
#3 Posted : 7/28/2009 9:20:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Swimming - No offense intended here, but your examples are quite odd I must say! Confused I can certainly imagine settings such as an airplane or car for a lesser psychedelic like mushrooms or LSD, but for Spice?! Whoa! IMHO these settings sound horribly distracting and not at all conducive to something as powerful as a DMT experience. The ocean front however I think could be quite nice, but you'd need some kind of hidden nest that you felt safe, protected and isolated from the passing beach-goer in. That or a private section of beach all to your own.

SWIM's favorite setting is in his own house, on his easy chair, sitting in a cross-legged Buddha position. SWIM prefers very dim light, no sound except for maybe a gentle trickle of water, no other people in the room, and a high quality, relaxing incense burning. The fewer earthly sensory distractions the better for SWIM, after all they'll mean nothing once he's in hyperspace, so why have external Earthly bindings to overcome?

That's just SWIM however... Wink

Peace
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

smokeydaze
#4 Posted : 7/28/2009 9:39:18 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Any particular incense you'd like to recommend, idtravlr?
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

idtravlr
#5 Posted : 7/28/2009 9:45:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

smokeydaze wrote:

Palo Santo is absolutely my favorite for calming my being and letting go. If I am lucky enough to have some menthol crystals I will make a blend of the two. This blend is absolute bliss for me. I'm not sure what SWIM prefers however. Pleased
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 7/29/2009 9:02:29 PM

The Great Namah

idtravlr wrote:
smokeydaze wrote:

Palo Santo is absolutely my favorite for calming my being and letting go. If I am lucky enough to have some menthol crystals I will make a blend of the two. This blend is absolute bliss for me. I'm not sure what SWIM prefers however. Pleased

Yes, that wood is amazing. I also used to use white sage, but found that it was a little too strong. Palo Santo is perfect for calming the mind and clearing your space.

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

tryptographer
#7 Posted : 7/29/2009 9:25:11 PM

tryptamine photographer

Everybody seems to agree about Palo Santo, it's just a heavenly aroma.
On some occasions it completely took over the smell of a substance I was inhaling, wonderful!

I heat it 4-5 inches on a piece of alu foil above a flame to gently evaporate the oils, rather than burn it.

I also like benzoe, myrrh, copal, Poikar, labdanum, campher, menthol crystals... but no heavily perfumed insences please!

Seven
#8 Posted : 7/29/2009 9:51:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah swimming your places seem a bit odd, and could lead to some trouble, but the ocean front could work. Swim could only imagine the sound of a wave crashing with some spice in his system. swim has a hard time smoking the spice due to asthma, but some aya on a mountain top sounds like bliss to me.
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

idtravlr
#9 Posted : 7/30/2009 5:02:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
idtravlr wrote:
smokeydaze wrote:

Yes, that wood is amazing. I also used to use white sage, but found that it was a little too strong. Palo Santo is perfect for calming the mind and clearing your space.

Oh yeah... Good call acolon. Sages and Junipers are wonderful for their calming effects as well. I agree, they can get kind of heavy in a confined space however. Now some sage or juniper in an outdoor setting surrounded by nature! That'd be really, really nice. Smile

Peace
-idt

-Terence McKenna

soulfood
#10 Posted : 7/30/2009 10:05:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I'm a copal man. I think I must have smelt it earlier on in my life, then I received a free sample with a plant order, a coal and let it go. IT all came back.

Very nice.

kungpow
#11 Posted : 7/30/2009 1:13:23 PM

Brandon

It looks like I need to jump on the incense boat. I have only ever used nag champa, mainly because I have never really had any good recommendations for anything else. I guess I do now.

My favorite place to smoke spice has to be in the floor of my studio. It is just where I feel the most comfortable at. I also enjoy sub breakthroughs out in the woods. A friend of mine took me out to this awesome place with a spring fed creek in the middle of a National Forest for my first good hit of DMT and it was fantastic.

RayOfLight
#12 Posted : 3/7/2010 4:48:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i like to smoke dmt and look at anything that i find intresting...... smoking dmt and looking at a sunset or clouds i find amazing.... sub breakthough doses are blasphemy to some.... im into it myself.
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

DreamWaves
#13 Posted : 3/7/2010 8:48:50 AM

SWIM

Well, I don't have many options, but for now here is what I do.

I get a turn the lights and tv off. I dim down the laptop screen. I sometimes put very spiritual tribal music on, and sometimes no music at all. I put a blanket over my back, and sit indian style on the couch in the living room.

I stop and think about what's going to happen, I ask the spice if I can smoke it, and I thank it, and wish for a good journey.
"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence Mckenna

"Once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - Hunter S. Thompson

hummus
#14 Posted : 5/8/2010 11:52:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Either at home sitting in a good comfortable position or finding a really beautiful forest and just sitting with my back against a tree and blasting off through the trees Smile

d*l*b
#15 Posted : 5/8/2010 3:29:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In bed with a duvet wrapped around me Smile
D × V × F > R

Felnik
#16 Posted : 5/8/2010 4:05:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always do it in a natural setting as far away from people and distractions as possible.
Immerced in a magical forest realm is the best for me.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

ragabr
#17 Posted : 5/8/2010 5:23:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In a dimly lit, clean room with blankets nearby for the return.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

DimethylSpice
#18 Posted : 5/8/2010 11:15:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swims favorite places to smoke the spice would be deep out in the forest with the sun shining through the leaves. (even better with water nearby)

-when the weather does not permit him to be outside swim likes to make his bed real nice then add more blankets/pillows to it, sit cross-legged in the middle and blast off.

-sitting out in a wide open field on a nice day with good clouds to watch is equally amazing.

anywhere far away from distractions and surrounded by nature is great for swim.

All above posts are absolutely fictional and have nothing to do with actual reality whatsoever.

If you are waiting for "that moment", that moment is now.

slane
#19 Posted : 9/25/2010 4:03:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like to do it outside if possible, or with the windows open on a nice sunny morning.

Entheojen
#20 Posted : 10/25/2010 11:02:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone had a bad/scary trip in a way that gives them negative feelings about the place where they had the trip? For example, it would be terrible to have a bad/scary trip in your bed and afterwards be scared about lying in your bed in case you got a flashback or something in the room reminded you of the bad trip.
The trees spoke to me through the wind. The more I listened, the more they spoke.

12NEXT