We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Phalaris Brachystachys Options

bufoman
#1 Posted : 1/6/2009 1:54:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Does anyone have any information or experience with the grass Phalaris Brachystachys?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 1/6/2009 1:59:19 AM

Teotzlcoatl

It's really easy to grow, just get some seeds of a potent strain.

Or even easier, buy a plant or two... theres plenty of vendors for them, PM me if you want one.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

appelseen
#3 Posted : 3/17/2009 8:44:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does it work?
PLEASE NOTE: Contents of this post belong to an ongoing hypermedia performance project that spans across different media, including Internet message boards. All incidents, situations, institutions, governments and people are fictional and any similarity, without satiric intent, of characters or person s living or dead, is strictly coincidental.

wiru
#4 Posted : 5/1/2009 2:08:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

As it is already late spring and it is quite warm here I would like to bring back discussion about Phalaris Brachystachys.

I have found only two threads about it. This one and the one about Jorkest's extraction.

Has anyone else tried growing P. brachystachys? How/where/how many does Jorkest grow?

How should this grass be grown? How much grass can one harvest from growing X g seeds?

What are the best extraction methods of this grass? Should it be dried or not?

There seem to be little to no discussion about it. I would really like to get as much information as possible because it seems to be almost the best source of DMT + the cost of seeds seems to be very low + it should be quite easy to grow etc etc.

I would like to purchase some P. brachystachys seeds and try it myself but I'm kinda new to the whole scene, so I'd be grateful for any advices.

Kannamate
#5 Posted : 5/1/2009 2:15:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm gonna grow some myself this season I heard pulverizing it with a wheatgrass juicer then defatting the dried tar works well. Here's an attachment with extraction/growing info.

bufoman
#6 Posted : 5/1/2009 2:33:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has been doing some work with it.

The seeds to many phalaris require sunlight (or artificial light) to germinate (Lindig-Cisneros et al. 2001). So sprinkle the seeds on the top of the soil, keep moist (mist several times per day). They should germinate after 4 or so days, do not give up sometimes they take longer.

One needs to have a nice sized patch. one good thing about phalaris is that it will survive the winters. SWIMs p. arundinacea grew back beautifully. One needs a significant amount of biomass. P. brac is a relatively small plant. It will require strong sun or artificial light to grow substantially.

These grasses have a lot of potential. Many people overlook them after a single failed attempt at the alkaloids however there content requires stress and environmental conditions. Also you need a lot of material however FASA seems to be a promising tech with the grasses. This will eliviate the problem with defatting and using mass amounts of solvent. Due the the low alkaloid content however the crystals will be predominantly fumarate (unreacted) this can be easy removed by using water to wash the crystals to dissolve all the good shit and leave behind the fumarate plus as the water slowly evaporates one get nice big transparent crystals.

SWIM is doing some experiments with these grasses and is even hoping to do some breeding. But it will take time. There is a lot of articles in the literature as these grasses have feedstock potential and problems. After this summer SWIM hopes to gain a lot of valuable experience and will inform others. There appears to be some serious potential in these plants.

wiru
#7 Posted : 5/1/2009 2:35:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot for the guide.

Lots of thanks to bufoman for his info, too.

bufoman
#8 Posted : 5/1/2009 2:43:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some things to note: That article is missing a few things. The seeds require light to germinate, SWIM lost some good seeds not following this fact. Unfortunately there is so little info on the subject online but there is some great literature out there. When SWIM has time maybe show will write up a new care guide.

Once the seeds germinate and grow a little bit sprinkle some more dirt on top of them so that they can hold themselves up. Cover them maybe 1/4 of an inch with fresh soil. This will give them support and allow the roots to grow better.

Keeping distances in b/w each strand of grass will ensure that each individual has room to grow and will reach its full potential. This is especially important for indoor grass. Weed out the smaller blades so that the big ones can grow (this is true with almost all plants).

Apparently nutrients high in N can increase alk content. Fertilizers and nutrients help the plant grow as well. SWIM wonders if certain amino acids such as tryptophan will increase alk content it may be that it will only at certain times such as under stress.

Stressing is def important. Harsh environmental conditions such as hot or cold, frost, draught... all will elevate alkaloids. Also the top 1/3 of the plant contains the desirables. Cutting also stresses the plants. The regrowth has high alk content.

bufoman
#9 Posted : 5/1/2009 2:46:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Big Med is a a very fast growing strain reported to be high in DMT and devoid of other alkaloids. AQ1 is another high alkaloid strain.

Trout's notes on Simple tryptamines has a lot of great information on this grass as does the online trout's notes on ayahuasca online at erowid. these are good places to start looking.

amor_fati
#10 Posted : 5/1/2009 3:43:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM's growing some canary reed grass that's just now sprouting. He's going to get a juicer and frequently collect the juice when he clips to stress or harvests after stressing. He's dry the juice and store the dried material. He'll keep the clippings and the full harvest material separate to determine the progress made by stressing when extracts. He'll extract by pasting the material with sodium carbonate (he may try lime as well to determine which yields a cleaner wash) and minimal water, dry it completely, put it in THP, run acetone through many times, and then attempt to precipitate with FASA.

sauroman1
#11 Posted : 1/16/2016 2:21:18 PM

Anybody from Lisbon?

If there is DMT source that can be fast grown at home it's phalaris grass and if brachytachys really contains 3% pure DMT it has to be best source. This plant produces a lot of seeds and they are very viable. But can't stand northern winters, make sure if u grow in pots to be big enough for roots.

jamie
#12 Posted : 1/16/2016 2:27:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

no one is getting 3% from grasses.
Long live the unwoke.